Confused On Aspirin What Should I Get?

biggirlkisss

confused on aspirin what should I get? If I get the pills that dont have any addictive would that be ok? Like a shoppers drug mart or something?

L

lollipop

confused on aspirin what should I get? If I get the pills that dont have any addictive would that be ok? Like a shoppers drug mart or something?
From my perspective:

1) Cheap and easy route is the Geri Care tablets on Amazon. Bottle has 1,000 tablets for around $10.

2) I am now excited about Health Natura’s Aspirin Powder. I will begin using it after my Geri Care bottle is finished.

3) some people prefer animal Aspirin powder as it is cheaper. I personally do not feel comfortable. This is a personal choice.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

gross lisa what about dollar store aspirin it contents just strache. I don't want to ship online and pay shipping im in canada.

L

lollipop

gross lisa what about dollar store aspirin it contents just strache. I don't want to ship online and pay shipping im in canada.
I would use the dollar store one!! Starch is fine. Geri Care only has corn starch. In US, I bought Walmart brand Aspirin that also only has starch. It worked great, no problems from it. Sounds like the dollar store one is the same.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i dunno if the dollar store ones have it here. I talked to a compound pharmacy and they told me without coverage like a prescription from a doctor it be 100 dollars for 100 capsules. They would use cornstarch. Crazy if i cant find it locally ill order from amazon.

L

lollipop

i dunno if the dollar store ones have it here. I talked to a compound pharmacy and they told me without coverage like a prescription from a doctor it be 100 dollars for 100 capsules. They would use cornstarch. Crazy if i cant find it locally ill order from amazon.
WoW...that is crazy expensive. Yeah, Amazon would be tons cheaper.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

I emailed geri care and asked where I could find it locally in canada and they gave me this
We cannot make recommendations regarding your treatment or provide suggestions that would influence your care. All decisions regarding treatment are the responsibility of both, you and/or your Healthcare Professional (e.g. Physician, Pharmacist, etc.). If you have any concerns about your treatment, please discuss with a Healthcare Professional.

I still have to check the dollar store

Sucrates

You can do stomach damage if you're not taking it with glycine or dissolved with baking soda. Some tolerance to this occurs over time. I can take about 650mg in tablet form per day without problems. More than that and I have to dissolve the crystals with baking soda. I'd bet you could crush the cornstarch pills and dissolve them with baking soda. If you're taking more than 600mg/day you might need K2 also.

Lurker

Based on recommendations here I have dissolved tablets in hot water and drank the cooled liquid carefully to leave the excipients in the cup. You might lose some aspirin in the process but it's cheap enough not to worry about it. Also with this method you don't get the tabs burning a hole in your stomach. Best to consume with food as well.

IP6one

I have somewhat high platelet count. In one lab it is deemed high, in others, just in range. Mine is 425,000. I guess that aspirin would help me in lowering it and I assume that K2 would not be a good thing for me. Suggestions?

Simba1992

From my perspective:

1) Cheap and easy route is the Geri Care tablets on Amazon. Bottle has 1,000 tablets for around $10.

2) I am now excited about Health Natura’s Aspirin Powder. I will begin using it after my Geri Care bottle is finished.

3) some people prefer animal Aspirin powder as it is cheaper. I personally do not feel comfortable. This is a personal choice.

I bought some Health Natura aspirin powder. Find it very hard to desolve in water, even warm. Is there a good way?

L

lollipop

I bought some Health Natura aspirin powder. Find it very hard to desolve in water, even warm. Is there a good way?
If hard to dissolve, personally, I would make a shot out of it - meaning 2-3 ounces milk, and aspirin and quickly drink it followed by more milk to rinse down. This is my solution for the quick and easy route - zero hassle trying to dissolve. Not very scientific I know - lol. Maybe others have some ideas?

Simba1992

If hard to dissolve, personally, I would make a shot out of it - meaning 2-3 ounces milk, and aspirin and quickly drink it followed by more milk to rinse down. This is my solution for the quick and easy route - zero hassle trying to dissolve. Not very scientific I know - lol. Maybe others have some ideas?
:praying::):

churchmouth

Aspirin has relatively low solubility in water, I think this is why some Australian aspirin tablets are effervescent which involves special tricks to disperse the aspirin in the drink.

Anyway, it is 1g/L solubility so for a dose of 300mg make sure you have at least 300ml's of water :)

Simba1992

Oh my that's a lot of water. I take 500mg so 1/2 a liter. I imagine it takes some time t disolve. Someone on another thread said something about mixing it with coconut oil. Maybe just to get it down, since water soluable. Maybe the milk shot would deserve a tryo_O

johnsmith

Anyone know of a decently priced source of Geri-Care aspirin for Canadians?

N/M, looks like amazon.ca has a real good deal on it now.

Last edited: