ConcenTrace liquid trace minerals

jasieltego

Looking for a quality trace mineral/electrolyte supplement. I drink about 120oz of water a day. Will drinking that much water dilute my electrolytes?
I started taking ConcenTrace liquid trace minerals, is that a quality supplement.
I also jog 2-3 miles 5 days a week

RealNeat

Ray doesn't like those type of supplements because of impurities, they usually come from the great salt lake.

Eating fresh fruits, milk, soups, teas and juices is more than hydrating enough for me. If I drink water, it's so little that my concern for it's mineral composition is none.

OP
J

jasieltego

Ray doesn't like those type of supplements because of impurities, they usually come from the great salt lake.

Eating fresh fruits, milk, soups, teas and juices is more than hydrating enough for me. If I drink water, it's so little that my concern for it's mineral composition is none.
Thanks. So how much water should we aim for?
Sounds like you dont drink as much as recommended. Curious on this now

RealNeat

Thanks. So how much water should we aim for?
Sounds like you dont drink as much as recommended. Curious on this now
Who's recommendation? And using what evidence?

Vins7

Looking for a quality trace mineral/electrolyte supplement. I drink about 120oz of water a day. Will drinking that much water dilute my electrolytes?
I started taking ConcenTrace liquid trace minerals, is that a quality supplement.
I also jog 2-3 miles 5 days a week
Something really strange hqppens to me, I drink water and I didn't notice hydration and I'm constantly pissing transparent. Nobody gives me an idea what it could be and the only thing I've heard about is diabetes, which would seem strange to me if I have a good weight and I don't have too much fat percentage.

I am also looking for hydration with minerals, I have thought about the supplement you mention or with fulvic and humic acids.

OP
J

jasieltego

I don't have any evidence. Im just asking.
Trying to get opinions

Raw cheese, raw milk, raw honey, and celery juice are good for minerals I think.

I just recently picked up that product in the subject line myself and I've been taking it several times a day in arbitrary amounts. Hard to say, but I think it's been useful. According to the nutritional label, it's high in magnesium, chloride, lithium, and boron as "concentrated seawater" is the only ingredient.

At the very least it doesn't give me neurological spasms like those 30+ ingredient trace mineral supplements did in the past. The ones that contain everything from gold to silver to vanadium to molybdenum etc

RealNeat

I don't have any evidence. Im just asking.
Trying to get opinions
You just said, "you don't drink as much water as recommended" I'm wondering who's recommendation you are referring to.

OP
J

jasieltego

You just said, "you don't drink as much water as recommended" I'm wondering who's recommendation you are referring to.
What mostly everyone says. Doctors , health shows, magazines,etc
Some say half your body weight in oz, some say 8 cups a day, some say more.

Ben.

I defeniately think they have their place. Especially if limited food and or malabsorption is present. I notice incredible effects from sodium and potassium put into plane water.

For drinking alcohol or sweating (doing alot of sports) i find them amazing aswell. The supplement you linked seems fine altough magnesium is so high while the rest like sodium and potassium is very low in comparison. Mayabe for the future balance thoose out, perhaps theres a better complex supplement. This depends ofcourse on your diet tho. Also make sure you'r not overloading on chloride with these mineral supps.

To be honest i only use it sparingly like on days were i ate mostly carbs like white rice and cooked milk with which i like to add traceminerals and thiamine/vitamins for example to improve the nutrients for that meal.

ironfist

Milk, soups, teas and juices get their liquid from water. So basically you're drinking water.

RealNeat

Milk, soups, teas and juices get their liquid from water. So basically you're drinking water.
Something being made with water and plain water are not the same thing. Why state the obvious? One comes with usable calories and the other doesn't, also some come more pure than others as a result of filtering through the soil (fruits) or animal, consuming calories through liquids also simulates metabolism which then creates even more water. Teas are the closest to plain water, but with more nutrients and metabolic activity difference as a result of temperature.

ironfist

Something being made with water and plain water are not the same thing. Why state the obvious? One comes with usable calories and the other doesn't, also some come more pure than others as a result of filtering through the soil (fruits) or animal, consuming calories through liquids also simulates metabolism which then creates even more water. Teas are the closest to plain water, but with more nutrients and metabolic activity difference as a result of temperature.
If it has water in it, then the values of the water will still count as water. Milk is basically water. Tea is water. Soup is water. So whatever is part of that water is part of what you are eating. It's not different. If the material its made from has a certain mineral in it, then you get that mineral even if you're not drinking water.

RealNeat

If it has water in it, then the values of the water will still count as water. Milk is basically water. Tea is water. Soup is water. So whatever is part of that water is part of what you are eating. It's not different. If the material its made from has a certain mineral in it, then you get that mineral even if you're not drinking water.
Plain water is not the same as food. End of discussion. You are barking up a different tree and changing goal posts because somehow you want plain water and food to be the same because it's a component of it, useless blabber.