Computer Scams

achillea

I was watching a You tube video and closed the laptop for a while. I came back and the screen was gone and there was an audibe warning that Microsoft had detected a malware and I needed to call them immediately. The computer was frozen... I could do nothing.

I called the number and they said they were Microsoft certified and would fix the problem but they had to take over the screen. I agreed and followed the directions they gave me and then the arrow started to move on its own and it was them in control. They showed me a page and showed what was happening. At any rate they said the Microsoft defender and mcafee were not working thus the problem.

So fir a few hundred dollars they would fix it but it would take a few hours.

I agreed and sure enough the computer worked again.

At any rate it is a scam and going around now.
If this happens
Hit CTL/ALT/DEL at the same time and close down the computer so it will not be locked. What you see in the locked aspect is their webpage and not Microsoft.

They said they are going to give me a refund after I told them about contacting my credit card for a dispute and if they didi not then I would contact the FBI and the FTC. That scared them and they have sent me an email confirming they are going to refund which should make the dispute easier.

At any rate it is scarey to have your computer totally frozen and there is nothing to do.

Now I know CTL/ALT/DEL If I only had had a V8 you wascally wabbit

Constatine

They just stole your credit card information. Contact your bank immediately.

biggirlkisss

if you need help reformating and reinstalling windows to get out of the program that locks you out you can contact me vice pm and we can call me on skype and I can guide you though the process of it and installing drivers etc. You shoudl make a back up image of windows C: drive to restore if mal ware is infected and it running slow then make another partation called d: to save your data music movies text files so if have to restore C: you won't lose your stuff.

OP
achillea

achillea

Got a total refund. Got a new computer with windows 10. Another group tried the same tactics. They were called Zeus and the other American Geeks. Both out of India and part of organized crime. Used CTRL/ALT/DEL and they were gone. No weird charges any where. Evidently they are hitting a lot of windows 10 computers. .

biggirlkisss

i remember there was this malware and it was suppose to be a malware scanner and it said if you pay for it it would go away and even when you paid for it it wouldnt go away. Had to reinstall for best performance. Windows has what called windows rot it rots away. Mac osx didnt usually have this issue. Best to make backup image and restore every once in a while to keep windows running good.

OP
achillea

achillea

i remember there was this malware and it was suppose to be a malware scanner and it said if you pay for it it would go away and even when you paid for it it wouldnt go away. Had to reinstall for best performance. Windows has what called windows rot it rots away. Mac osx didnt usually have this issue. Best to make backup image and restore every once in a while to keep windows running good.
will do thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals