Comprehensive Hair loss theory from Tressless - would love to hear your thoughts

reality

Interesting

Does anyone know what functional difference of 3a-HSD vs 3b-HSD is?

andrewlee224

Sounds quite coherent. So why the guy says he doesn’t know solutions if it should be enough to introduce these substances orally/topically to the scalp?

Gungnir

“Why transgender people don’t regrow hair?”

They often do. A simple online search will prove that.

andrewlee224

They don't do fully though? I think that's what he meant in the original post. You do get some regrowth like with finasteride (or maybe more, but not complete). Or has there been a complete regrowth rom e.g. NW3 to NW1-0?

5a-DHP

They rarely do.
Like with finasteride, there does exist a small but significant proportion of people who experience huge regrowth when transitioning - the other 95% get peach fuzz at best.

They rarely do.
Like with finasteride, there does exist a small but significant proportion of people who experience huge regrowth when transitioning - the other 95% get peach fuzz at best.
And there's even some who get massive sheds from it, which to me, makes no sense if it's not inflammatory

Gungnir

They rarely do.
they often do... but hey if you want to make up statistics that is cool

Gungnir

They don't do fully though? I think that's what he meant in the original post. You do get some regrowth like with finasteride (or maybe more, but not complete). Or has there been a complete regrowth rom e.g. NW3 to NW1-0?
no they rarely recover to their teenage hairline if that is what you mean... but they can have ridiculous regrowth, especially the ones that use microneedling with their Rx cocktail

ursidae

“Recently in 2019 a dentist found an unnusual connection between dental malocclusion and baldness, where he found that 100% of people with type 2 were bald, and everyone without this malocclusion had a head full of hair, and he studied 150 x-rays to come to this conclusion and this amazes me that only now someone actually found this. Still it is not understood how and why, but this malocclusion causes the artery that feeds our scalp to be constricted, and there may be some truth in this, and I am currently digging this as well.”

“dental malocclusion with low oxygen and nutrients makes the muscle atrophy and gets inflamed”

Anyone know who this dentist is? I think this is very true and underrated. I don’t suffer from hairloss but acne. I read these hairloss threads because the two are very similar. I went to a physiotherapist and he said there’s zero blood flowing to my head. It makes sense that it’s not possible to function optimally if your jaw is malformed. The only problem is that it’s irreversible and the procedures that can improve it somewhat are very risky and expensive.

Gungnir

“Recently in 2019 a dentist found an unnusual connection between dental malocclusion and baldness, where he found that 100% of people with type 2 were bald, and everyone without this malocclusion had a head full of hair, and he studied 150 x-rays to come to this conclusion and this amazes me that only now someone actually found this. Still it is not understood how and why, but this malocclusion causes the artery that feeds our scalp to be constricted, and there may be some truth in this, and I am currently digging this as well.”

“dental malocclusion with low oxygen and nutrients makes the muscle atrophy and gets inflamed”

Anyone know who this dentist is? I think this is very true and underrated. I don’t suffer from hairloss but acne. I read these hairloss threads because the two are very similar. I went to a physiotherapist and he said there’s zero blood flowing to my head. It makes sense that it’s not possible to function optimally if your jaw is malformed. The only problem is that it’s irreversible and the procedures that can improve it somewhat are very risky and expensive.
So an overbite?

Ben.

Just when md_a posted about Procyanidin B-2 i come across this.

Very exiting. Thanks for sharing this.

According to this theory it sounds like something the peat forum has been preaching all along as to what causes most chronic health issues:
Getting rid of inflammation by fixxing the internal health. Ofcourse this is easier said than done.

Edit: I wonder, lets assume it would work as described, wouldn't it just start falling out again once the treatment is stopped if we don't fix what caused the enzyme to go missing in the first place? (w/e it was ... gut issues, internal inflammation, damaged organ, postural damage etc.).

Babygrit

Just when md_a posted about Procyanidin B-2 i come across this.

Very exiting. Thanks for sharing this.

According to this theory it sounds like something the peat forum has been preaching all along as to what causes most chronic health issues:
Getting rid of inflammation by fixxing the internal health. Ofcourse this is easier said than done.

Edit: I wonder, lets assume it would work as described, wouldn't it just start falling out again once the treatment is stopped if we don't fix what caused the enzyme to go missing in the first place? (w/e it was ... gut issues, internal inflammation, damaged organ, postural damage etc.).
To be honest, it is actually very exciting because nothing good ever comes from that forum. This forum is the closest I’ve ever found of people who are actually intelligent as well as motivated. I’m surprised this forum hasn’t really reacted to this information. If not a cure, I believe that this is actually a very deep insight into further understanding the mechanisms that are leading to hair miniaturization. But supplementing Procyanidin B-2 or Sulforaphane, while it may work, still isn’t fixing what is going wrong in the body. I feel like nobody from this forum wants to even open up a thread that’s titled with “Reddit” or “tressless” lol

Ben.

To be honest, it is actually very exciting because nothing good ever comes from that forum. This forum is the closest I’ve ever found of people who are actually intelligent as well as motivated. I’m surprised this forum hasn’t really reacted to this information. I feel like nobody from this forum wants to even open up a thread that’s titled with “Reddit” or “tressless” lol

"nothing good comes from that forum" .... which one?
I am surprised too that theres not much more interaction happening here.

But supplementing Procyanidin B-2 or Sulforaphane, while it may work, still isn’t fixing what is going wrong in the body.

My thought exactly. If it works, it would still be a better "bandaid option" than the castrating medical options we have atm.
On the other hand, perhaps the compounds in apple extracts and broccoli sprouts, consumed regulary/in high doses might cause changes that "cure" in the sense that it allows the body to repair, or lets say, revert to a baseline where hair is stable/regrowing, even after the supplementation has stopped.

I know that is wishful thinking but knowing how complex all is, i wouldn't rule it out completly.

i would love to hear your thoughts.

Sooo, maybe this is to random, but i found this shampoo including procyanidin B2 but also TriCopper Peptides, which according to the summary from the manufacturer does the following:

TriCopper Peptides

"TriCopper Peptides have two main properties as 1) potently protective anti-inflammatory agents that limit oxidative damage after tissue injury, and 2) as tissue remodeling agents. Several studies conducted by research institutes found that copper peptides improved hair transplant success, increased hair follicle size, stimulated hair growth, and reduced hair loss."

Сopper Peptides​

"GHK-Cu has been proven to fight inflammation, stimulate hair growth and decrease hair loss by inhibiting 5-alpha reductase, stimulate blood flow to to the scalp, and boosting the healing process after a hair transplant."

On the amazon product page i found an interesting comment:

Massive hairloss after using this product and never fully recovered. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT

Accellerate my hairloss rapidly. I was stable with propecia and regaine. I lost over 400 hairs a day for one month and i only use it ONE TIME!
My scalp burned and was total itchi for one month!!!! Only a Ket Shampoo stopped the shedding. I dont know why and i dont care why a Ket Shampoo helped. In the Internet forum many people had the Same experience. My Hair was very thin after one month with only one time using this stuff, like never before in my hole life!!! I really like to sue them, but i have no proof. Before i use this shampoo nobody even notice that i was having hairloss (norwood 2). After the Ket shampoo i slowly recovered, and my hair was comming back slowly, but i never hot the status before i use this product (it is more like norwood 3A with thinning in the front). I wish i have never tried this product (a YouTuber with hairloss recommeded it and i thought, what should happend, it is only a Shampoo. Never thought in my hole live, that a Shampoo could do that much damage!!!). Of course you can think i am the exception, but please make your research in the internet. I am not the only victim. Please do your research, if you dont believe me. I really hope someone will proof that this accellerate your hairloss by a lot of people, and they will at least pull this very bad product off the market. I want to do somthing against hairloss not accerlate it rapidly, i m still very mad at this company who still sells this.

Now obviously this is just one comment, and the copper inhibits 5-alpha reductase (the dht enzyme).

Does anyone know if it affects 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase? Coudn't find something on a quick search.

Now i could see that the copper peptides stops the dht, but if the theory in the op is true it would be obviously just stop the falling out, but on the other hand would hinder the regrowth of new ones.