Complementing T3 WithTriiodothyroacetic Acid (triac) -

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Not yet now. There is only France where it is in use as a Pharmacon, it’s called „teatrois“ there, 0.35mg per Tablet. I’ve no way to get my hands on a prescription drug in France though.

Some research chemical vendors offer it, that may be a way to obtain it

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

Thyroid Hormone Analogues: An Update - PubMed

Abstract
The development of thyroid hormone (TH) analogues was prompted by the attempt to exploit the effects of TH on lipid metabolism, avoiding cardiac thyrotoxicosis. Analysis of the relative distribution of the α and β subtypes of nuclear TH receptors (TRα and TRβ) showed that TRα and TRβ are responsible for cardiac and metabolic responses, respectively. Therefore, analogues with TRβ selectivity were developed, and four different compounds have been used in clinical trials: GC-1 (sobetirome), KB-2115 (eprotirome), MB07344/VK2809, and MGL-3196 (resmetirom). Each of these compounds was able to reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, but a phase 3 trial with eprotirome was interrupted because of a significant increase in liver enzymes and the contemporary report of cartilage side effects in animals. As a consequence, the other projects were terminated as well. However, in recent years, TRβ agonists have raised new interest for the treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). After obtaining excellent results in experimental models, clinical trials have been started with MGL-3196 and VK2809, and the initial reports are encouraging. Sobetirome turned out to be effective also in experimental models of demyelinating disease. Aside TRβ agonists, TH analogues include some TH metabolites that are biologically active on their own, and their synthetic analogues. 3,5,3'-triiodothyroacetic acid has already found clinical use in the treatment of some cases of TH resistance due to TRβ mutations, and interesting results have recently been reported in patients with the Allan-Herndon-Dudley syndrome, a rare disease caused by mutations in the TH transporter MCT8. 3,5-diiodothyronine (T2) has been used with success in rat models of dyslipidemia and NAFLD, but the outcome of a clinical trial with a synthetic T2 analogue was disappointing. 3-iodothyronamine (T1AM) is the last entry in the group of active TH metabolites. Promising results have been obtained in animal models of neurological injury induced by β-amyloid or by convulsive agents, but no clinical data are available so far.

A Mass Spectrometry-Based Panel of Nine Thyroid Hormone Metabolites in Human Serum - PubMed

Abstract
Background: While thyroxine (T4), 3,3',5-triiodothyronine (T3), and 3,3',5'-triiodothyronine (rT3) have routine methods available for evaluating patients with suspected thyroid disease, appropriate methods for the measurement of other thyroid hormone metabolites (THMs) are lacking. The effects of other iodothyronines or iodothyroacetic acids are therefore less explored. To better understand the (patho)physiological role of THMs, a robust method to measure iodothyronines and iodothyroacetic acids in serum in a single analysis is needed, including associated reference intervals.

Methods: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute guidelines, European Medicines Agency guidelines, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology protocol were used for the method validation and reference intervals. Reference intervals were determined in 132 healthy males and 121 healthy females. Serum samples were deproteinized with acetonitrile, followed by anion-exchange solid phase extraction and analysis with LC-MS/MS, using eight 13C6-internal standards.

Results: The analytical method validation was performed for all nine THMs. Reference intervals (2.5th to 97.5th percentile) were determined for L-thyronine (4.9-11.3 ng/dL), 3-monoiodothyronine (0.06 --0.41 ng/dL), 3,5-diiodothyronine (<0.13 ng/dL), 3,3'-diiodothyronine (0.25--0.77 ng/dL), T3 (66.4--129.9 ng/dL), rT3 (15.0--64.1 ng/dL), T4 (4.3--10.0 µg/dL), triac/3,3',5-triiodothyroacetic acid (not detected), and tetrac/3,3',5,5'-tetraiodothyroacetic acid (2.2--27.2 ng/dL).

Conclusions: A broad dynamic concentration range exists among the nine THMs. This method should help to develop a better understanding of the clinical relevance of other THMs, as wel

Pointless

Two cases of chronic 3, 5, 3’-triiodo-thyroacetic acid (Triac) consumption (2.1 mg/day) are reported. Profound alterations of thyroid function were observed: thyroxine and free thyroxine concentrations were low, normal to excessively high triiodothyronine values were detected and thyroid stimulating hormone response to 200 fig thyroid releasing hormone i.v. was abolished.

The literature concerning Triac use is reviewed, and the efficiency of the drug in the treatment of obesity is discussed.

This abstract offers pretty weak evidence for "pseudohypothyroidism." 2 case studies with some irregular labs. And I'm not sure how resistance to thyroid-(thyrotropin?)releasing hormone indicates "pseudohypothyroidism." Do you have access to the full text or want to chime in?

Amazoniac

This abstract offers pretty weak evidence for "pseudohypothyroidism." 2 case studies with some irregular labs. And I'm not sure how resistance to thyroid-(thyrotropin?)releasing hormone indicates "pseudohypothyroidism."
I think it's because it disappears from the crime scene fast while lowering the other hormones.
Do you have access to the full text or want to chime in?
Have you asked Alexa?

iceclear

Imma drink up that ACV! I'll probably eat more cassava & apple too (acetogenic starch & fibre). Resistant starch would probably help as well if acetogen flora are well established.

Something I got from Nathan Hatch's book is that T3 has a high binding affinity for some receptor along the intestine where it binds to acetic acid supplied by either vinegar consumption or acetic acid producing microbes (which are also supposed to inhibit intestinal lactic acid presence). I'm assuming this is how Triiodothyroacetic acid comes about.

Mauritio

Has anybody tried this or found a source to buy it?

"We postulate therefore that, in the rat and possibly in man, Tetrac could represent a favorable alternative for suppression of serum TSH levels."