Compilation Of EMFs Of Common Everyday Objects

noordinary

do you think the mesh will do the LF EMF? I know it is great for wifi and cell tower stuff, but wasn't sure that it would block the stuff coming out of your car. I have tried aluminum foil and it was not effective, so I thought something heavier duty like galv steel might do more.
I don’t know, I’m no expert... well, the more conductive the cage, the better, the smaller the cage’s cells the better (cell size correlates with the wave length, for shorter waves smaller cell’s needed, so the waves travel along the surface of the cage and don’t penatrate), that if we are talking about faraday cage. Faraday shield is made out of solid material like galvanized steel sheets (better copper sheets or even more conductive metal)and will prevent penetration even of the shortest wavelenths, i guess its hard to cut the steel sheets and work with them... it may be overkill, i guess you could place them under the bed or under flooring or something.
As i uderstand cause faraday cage does not absorb the EMF, but allows the EMF to travel over cage’s surface, the thickness of the material is of little importance.
Maybe allinium foil is not working cause it is less conductive, and maybe mixed with some plastics or cheaper metals? For faraday cage it is also important to be continuous (i’m sorry i dont know a better word in english) and without interraption, so the waves keep traveling over the surface of the cage and can’t break in, i hope i make ssense.

Last edited:

Queequeg

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Just measured EMF in my car, and I can't un-see it now. It was anywhere from 25-200 mG. Even pushing my driver's set as far back as I can does not protect me.

What can we do? Luckily I don't drive a LOT but still. Earthing mats on the floor of the car I suppose?
lol, I did the same a while back. It freaked me out enough to go out and buy this really expensive magnetic shielding for the floor. Even with two layers it barely made a dent.

Queequeg

I had the idea of putting a aluminium foil lining in the pocket where I carry my cell phone, in between the phone and body. The other alternatives seem inconvenient. Does anyone know if this is a good idea? I understand that it reflects also radiation back to the body, but since my cell is the biggest radiation source it should be a net benefit.

or an aluminum lined murse would work too.

Mossy

@Cirion Thank you for sharing.

So, working up close to multiple large computer monitors for hours is horrible. No wonder I’m dealing with chronic immune/health and fatigue issues. Though, I have to say, after 1.5 years of Peating, I’m making strides.

Mossy

What about pro-Peat red LED lights on the body? Could the benefit out-weigh the harm?

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Lights should emit little to no emf unless you're standing right next to it. Unless it is a florescent bulb, which has a high output. Florescent bulbs are also bad news because they don't provide helpful light anyway. So stay away from those. Use incandescent or halogen where you can. I made the mistake of having the guy at work replace florescent bulbs that went out in my workplace. If I measure high emf I may have him come back and take them out again. The secretary who used to sit next to me complained of headaches from the florescent bulbs, which would make sense given the emf shining on your head.

I just did my first test of blocking emf just to see how it works. I tried to block the emf of a box fan so far with little luck, but I think I didn't use enough aluminum foil. From what I recall reading, you need to increase the surface area of blockage until you've covered at least to the 2 mG line in all directions. With how difficult it is to avoid leakage, I wonder if it is even possible to really block the emf in your car. Basically, picture making something airtight. I think the only way you can be guaranteed (just about) that it will block it, is if you cover the surface area all the way to the 0mG lines.

edit - did a more controlled test by testing it on my phone since it is smaller and easier to contain. Seems to block 95%+ of emf when you encase your phone in aluminum foil. So I think it does work, but it has to be done correctly as previously stated or it won't do any good.

So, the reason why it didn't work for you is for the reasons I mentioned. If you don't consider ALL "holes" in your protective "shield", if you leave even one or two tiny holes, it will seep through and get you. In some cases, it may even amplify the EMF to leave holes because it can bounce around and increase in intensity... so be careful.

I did find some emf blocking clothes online. Looks like you can buy emf blocking underwear, and shirts. That would protect everything except your head, and extremities.

Last edited:

YourUniverse

@Cirion what EMF meter did you buy, and do you like it?

Seems I should look into a meter, a faraday cage, and a cellphone cage. Ive been using an earthing mat at my computer desk for a few years now (unashamedly recommended by Dave Asprey back in '13), but fixing exposure to cell radiation and improving sleep seem important.

Holistically, you can "earth" or ground yourself by touching anything connected to the earth. Walk barefoot, swim in lakes/rivers/oceans, touch trees, flowers, and grass, etc

OP
Cirion

Cirion

I just picked up a cheapo thing off amazon. It can only pick up EMF fields in 2 dimensions, so that's why its cheap, but it gets the job done. Just make sure you kinda swivel it around to make sure you don't miss things in the 3rd dimension. So far that is pretty much my only complaint with it. Otherwise it seems good at what it needs to do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G36W4B6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want, you can buy a "tri field" scanner which can detect in all 3 dimensions simultaneously, which would be useful, but these are way more expensive (over $100) and I may pick one up eventually, but I wanted to make sure I even wanted one before I spent money on that.

From what I have read/researched, grounding mats are basically useless unless you can connect the ground to actual earth. In addition, larger mats are less useful than smaller ones (I forget the reason why). The reasoning went slightly over my head but I think one of the problems was that the resistance in the wire (ohms) is very high so it is not too effective even connected directly to the earth/grass.

You're much better off going barefoot in nature as you suggested. This is the most reliable, effective, and cheapest method to neutralize EMF's. Plus, being in nature gives you full spectrum lighting (sunlight), and vitamin D.

What grounding mat do you use? Do you have any proof it's actually doing anything? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but a lot of stuff I read seemed to suggest they are useless, but I'm open to try one if it works.

BTW I lucked out - my work cubicle has 0 emf. Woot! Only thing I had to do is stop using head phones, and move my pc away from me, and I'm set. I don't even need a grounding mat since it's already at 0.

BTW also I put aluminum foil over the radio portion of my car dash (because I never use it anyway) and managed to reduce EMF to my upper body / head to 5 mG or less. It was like 50 mG before. I noticed I had little to no fatigue or brain fog on the ride to work today.

I still measured a LOT of emf at my lower body / balls. At the very least I plan to get EMF resistance underwear to protect my family jewels lol. Maybe I can find some EMF resistant socks/leggings or something to protect my legs also.

Last edited:

David PS

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you. I have been wondering about driving or riding in an electric car.

Mythbuster: EMF levels in hybrids has table that compares emf reading from diffferent cars. There is a lot of variation from car company to car company. The emf levels were taken at the drivers foot level, drivers waist and at head level. The foot level reading were the highest. Some of the numbers seem to be high especially when one considers the length of time of exposure during long commutes.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Those numbers seem off compared to what I saw, I note that they are quick to claim that there is "no danger" to humans with these levels of EMF. I don't believe the numbers they quoted.

I saw something more like 150-200 mG at my feet in my car, far more than the 5-30 numbers they claimed. It seems it may be less at idle though. When I got to work and parked, I checked again and it was way less.

I will probably never under-go a long car ride again if I can avoid it. Too risky. If I must though, I'll make sure someone else drives, and let them have the full force of the EMF's, haha.

The seats in the back of the car are probably relatively safe, I didn't measure them, but almost all the electrical parts are in the front. Thus, always opt to sit in the back if you are a passenger in a vehicle.

noordinary

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you. I have been wondering about driving or riding in an electric car.

Mythbuster: EMF levels in hybrids has table that compares emf reading from diffferent cars. There is a lot of variation from car company to car company. The emf levels were taken at the drivers foot level, drivers waist and at head level. The foot level reading were the highest. Some of the numbers seem to be high especially when one considers the length of time of exposure during long commutes.
Thank you for the link, but those are old cars manufactured in 2008, i think it’s not relevant in 2018 anymore and the EMF situation got worse since then: the hot spots, bluetooth and other technologies got cheaper, as well is demand for those increased and they are now in every car.
My guess is that older cars, maybe the older the better, would be safer in regards to EMF.
Unfortunatellt I drive a fully electric car... good thing is I commute very little and my lease is up in the beginning of February. My neighbor has old Ford Bronco (as his second car though), the car is mouthwatering... even more so now.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Ah yes I didn't really notice that. That's probably why its less. Cars 10+ years ago certainly had less electronic gadgets. 30 emf is nothing compared to the 150-200 emf blasting at me in my car =( Maybe time to buy an old used car?? Lol

I used to want a self driving car. Now I fear one, because the EMF's in such a car will probably be obscenely high...

Hugh Johnson

I measured my electric toothbrush, and it has massive EMF output, higher than anything I have seen since I moved out of that one apartment near a cell tower. I did not use it and got to sleep a lot better than the previous night.

OP
Cirion

Cirion

Nice, good to see more anecdotal verification of the benefits of EMF avoidance. I noted in my personal log earlier that I also woke up more refreshed this morning after a full day of purposeful EMF avoidance. I still had fragmented sleep, but despite that woke up feeling decent.

Yes anything electrical at all should never be held close to your vital organs (electrical toothbrush is INSIDE your head, not cool). And yeah, I measured mine as well, and won't be using it again.

If you absolutely MUST use something that emits high emf, restrict its field of influence to non-essentially locations (arm, hand, leg, or feet). Never let something with high emf get close to your brain, chest, or nether regions.

It's still not a good idea for an arm or foot to be exposed but it's probably a lot better than exposing your brain or heart/liver etc.

Remember - as our good old favorite jedi master Yoda once said - size matters not. It couldn't be more true when it comes to EMF. Sometimes the WORST offenders of EMF come in tiny packages. For example the hair dryer, tooth brush, electrical shaver etc. These are all even worse than the EMF in your car, even though the car is significantly bigger. That being said, I bet if you measure the emf right in the heart / engine of your car, it'd probably be several thousand mG or possibly tens of thousands. You just don't see the full brunt of it because you're a few ft from it. Remember this the next time you decide to fiddle with your car while its running. You may be bombarding yourself with 10,000 EMF or more. I'd measure it, but I don't want to risk exposing myself to that amount of EMF... plus my scanner only measures up to 2000 mG anyway.

I'd be curious to see studies done on the lifespan / cancer rate of power line workers, especially those that do work on the LARGE line distributors (you know, the building sized ones) and also cell towers.

Last edited:

frant26

All this is very interesting and I want to approach it 80/20 style.

Every now and then I ride these electric scooters. Have you measured one of these, or do you have any idea how dangerous it can be?

Attachments

• econduce2.jpg
    econduce2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17

appotis

Thanks for the thread. It reminded me to stop a bad habit.
I used to have my laptop on my lap a lot, while sitting on the couch or lying in bed. The thing is, that I often felt tingling sensation on my balls, while doing that. But I wasn't sure if the cause was the laptop or just me imagining doing so, because of EMF fear. Anyways, I will just stay away from it.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-16 um 23.20.03.png

OP
Cirion

Cirion

All this is very interesting and I want to approach it 80/20 style.

Every now and then I ride these electric scooters. Have you measured one of these, or do you have any idea how dangerous it can be?

No idea, don't own one, if the motor is on the floor of it maybe it's not too bad because then only your feet/legs would get much EMF exposure and not any critical organs. My opinion is as long as you don't expose organs to high EMF, then you can probably get away with some high EMF exposure now and then. But something like a blow dryer, or an electric shaver, laptop, headphones I would avoid like the plague.

Anyone have experience with the air tube headphones? I may try those out, that's one way to still use headphones.

Thanks for the thread. It reminded me to stop a bad habit.
I used to have my laptop on my lap a lot, while sitting on the couch or lying in bed. The thing is, that I often felt tingling sensation on my balls, while doing that. But I wasn't sure if the cause was the laptop or just me imagining doing so, because of EMF fear. Anyways, I will just stay away from it.

View attachment 11262

I dunno how much EMF laptop output but it may be several hundred mG. And right on your lap, all 100% of that several hundred mG goes straight to your balls. A great way to get testicular cancer if you use it enough. Not to mention, probably trashes your testosterone levels.

Last edited:
OP
Cirion

Cirion

Lol good luck

I found what I believe to be pretty much the best EMF protection clothing on amazon. Quite expensive. May be worth it if you have no choice but to work in high emf environments, and/or have to drive in a car a lot etc...

Linking these for anyone interested and also for later reference for myself in case I want to buy later.

https://www.amazon.com/Underwear-Br..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=BFJQN70VYMVD43YHBX5R

https://www.amazon.com/Radiation-Sh...0071OIJH4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals