Comparison of the Metabolic Stimulating Action of Aspirin and Thyroid

Hidden49

I tried aspirin 2 years ago and it gave me a stomach ulcer that took ages to recover. I’ve found out recently Enteric lining needs COX1 to make prostaglandins to keep lining healthy. So inhibiting COX1 with aspirin could aggravate conditions where the gut lining is already under stress.

Or another slight possibility after reading your post is that asprin triggered bile dumping and inflamed my stomach.

I’m curious to try asprin again but with baking soda and glycine this time.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@Hidden49

It has been said that aspirin irreversibly inhibits the COX enzyme, apparently by destroying the enzyme.

Does that mean, forever?
To my knowledge this would indicate until new cells that have the COX enzyme (fibroblasts, leukocytes, macrophages, intestinial epithelial cells, kidney cells, platelets) are generated. The lifespan of those cells differ from 8h to 60 days or so.

Intestinal epithelial cells only have a lifespan of 3-5 days.

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

@Hidden49

It has been said that aspirin irreversibly inhibits the COX enzyme, apparently by destroying the enzyme.

Does that mean, forever?
To my knowledge this would indicate until new cells that have the COX enzyme (fibroblasts, leukocytes, macrophages, intestinial epithelial cells, kidney cells, platelets) are generated. The lifespan of those cells differ from 8h to 60 days or so.

Found a german article stating that aspirin irreversible blocks COX-1, but only in platelets as they don’t contain a cell nucleus and only can restore COX-1 by making a completely new platelet cell.
Other cells can easily synthesize new COX-1 enzymes. But constantly supplying aspirin will suppress it chronically of course.

In higher doses (500mg+) aspirin begins to block COX-2 to a higher degree.

cremes

I personally always dissolve 1-2 tablets of aspirin in 200ml of water, put it in the microwave for 1-2 min, then stirr it, let it settle for 30s, then filter it through a coffee-paper-filter. Then you have a clear aspirin solution, which does not cause any GI upset (in my case), up to 1g even. (And I used to get severe side effects by baby aspirin in the past!)

Today I tried adding in 2g of glycine to 300mg of aspirin and I am pretty sure the study of haidut is correct regarding glycine’s effect of raising aspirin absorption. I hit 37.3 C bodytemperature and 85 bpm pulse and was feeling very energetic.
Wow, what a great approach. I will look at this closer.

Hidden49

@Hidden49

Does that mean, forever?

Yeah I dunno, irreversible sounds unlikely

Ismail

Wow, what a great approach. I will look at this closer.
I was taking aspirin for a while, and then I started getting stomach aches quite badly. So I stopped for a while and then came across information about glycine and aspirin, so I started taking approximately 3g of glycine with aspirin and have never had a stomach issue since.

EvanHinkle

Just wanted to update:

I’ve been on a regular and low dose of doxy and Rapa for some time now, (about three months) and a regular issue with me for pharmaceuticals and supplements too really, is that they work for a time and stop.

My history is terrible endotoxin issues that I figured out from experimentation with charcoal, (this led me to expiriment with thyroid and antibiotics).

I’ve had a lot of success over 3-4 years as I assume I was slowly cleaning my liver and reversing my hypothyroidism, (I have a large nodule on the left side of my thyroid as well). That success though has been slow, and it seems to ebb and flow.

Aspirin has been a fantastic tool for me but I frequently run into issues with blood blisters and bruising as I approach 3-5 gram doses, (vitamin K gives me endotoxin symptoms when I take too much for too long). Using the glycine as suggested in this thread in conjunction with aspirin to “up my dose” is not giving me blood blister issues, and allowing me to take very large doses of vitamin K which seems to be further cleaning my liver.

In addition, as mentioned by @haidut up thread, the blocking of FAS that aspirin is so great at seems to be giving my doxy and Rapa increased effectiveness! I’m finally experiencing the aromatase inhibition of aspirin at doses that are multiplied by the glycine, getting the benefits of additional glycine in my diet, (and I already temper all my meat consumption with gelatin) and experiencing what I can only assume are the androgenic benefits of higher dose vitamin K!

I really wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I have leveled up big time over the past week to ten days. I have a pretty good idea that blocking FAS with significant, and regular consumption of aspirin has changed the way my body is utilizing pro-metabolic substances.

For those curious, I’m adding about 700mg of glycine to a coffee, (10oz of black coffee with 6oz of skim milk and 1/8 tsp of baking soda) and taking one 325mg aspirin 3-4 times a day just after meals. I also take 3-4 drops kuinone with the coffee, (typically after I’ve finished it, as I like to drop it on my teeth and leave it there).

LadyRae

Just wanted to update:

I’ve been on a regular and low dose of doxy and Rapa for some time now, (about three months) and a regular issue with me for pharmaceuticals and supplements too really, is that they work for a time and stop.

My history is terrible endotoxin issues that I figured out from experimentation with charcoal, (this led me to expiriment with thyroid and antibiotics).

I’ve had a lot of success over 3-4 years as I assume I was slowly cleaning my liver and reversing my hypothyroidism, (I have a large nodule on the left side of my thyroid as well). That success though has been slow, and it seems to ebb and flow.

Aspirin has been a fantastic tool for me but I frequently run into issues with blood blisters and bruising as I approach 3-5 gram doses, (vitamin K gives me endotoxin symptoms when I take too much for too long). Using the glycine as suggested in this thread in conjunction with aspirin to “up my dose” is not giving me blood blister issues, and allowing me to take very large doses of vitamin K which seems to be further cleaning my liver.

In addition, as mentioned by @haidut up thread, the blocking of FAS that aspirin is so great at seems to be giving my doxy and Rapa increased effectiveness! I’m finally experiencing the aromatase inhibition of aspirin at doses that are multiplied by the glycine, getting the benefits of additional glycine in my diet, (and I already temper all my meat consumption with gelatin) and experiencing what I can only assume are the androgenic benefits of higher dose vitamin K!

I really wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I have leveled up big time over the past week to ten days. I have a pretty good idea that blocking FAS with significant, and regular consumption of aspirin has changed the way my body is utilizing pro-metabolic substances.

For those curious, I’m adding about 700mg of glycine to a coffee, (10oz of black coffee with 6oz of skim milk and 1/8 tsp of baking soda) and taking one 325mg aspirin 3-4 times a day just after meals. I also take 3-4 drops kuinone with the coffee, (typically after I’ve finished it, as I like to drop it on my teeth and leave it there).
Hey wow, that's great! I'm doing a really similar thing with the coffee and gelatin and Kuinone... Although I've been nervous to use aspirin very often. Yesterday, a few hours after an awesome 1 hour swim, and a bowl of homemade orange/lemon jello (3 scoops gelatin) topped with coconut whip, I took 4 grams of aspirin 😮.

Then I took my kids to their horseback riding lessons at a beautiful ranch, and as I was sitting there watching this incredible euphoria and relaxation came over me and lasted until I fell asleep last night.

Today I'm noticing more bowel movements, not diarrhea, but I feel good and it seems my motility is sped up quite a bit. I thought maybe it was just coinciding with the beginning of my period but maybe it was the aspirin getting rid of endotoxin?

LadyRae

@EvanHinkle
One of the mechanisms involved in the anticancer activity of aspirin is commonly thought to be its ability to inhibit the activity of cyclooxygenase (COX) (55,56). COX-2 is strongly and rapidly induced in response to growth factors, cytokines, endotoxins and inflammation, and involves cell proliferation and the promotion of tumor development (57). As aspirin is a potent inhibitor of COX-2, it can reduce the production of prostaglandins and other inflammatory mediators (58).

EvanHinkle

@EvanHinkle
One of the mechanisms involved in the anticancer activity of aspirin is commonly thought to be its ability to inhibit the activity of cyclooxygenase (COX) (55,56). COX-2 is strongly and rapidly induced in response to growth factors, cytokines, endotoxins and inflammation, and involves cell proliferation and the promotion of tumor development (57). As aspirin is a potent inhibitor of COX-2, it can reduce the production of prostaglandins and other inflammatory mediators (58).
@EvanHinkle
I’m sure it wasn’t a coincidence. I’ve played with various doses before and even did up to about six grams a day before, but for me it’s this sustained small frequent dose age that’s really making me hum.

Your experience is particularly interesting to me because I literally just told my wife, “I don’t think I’ve ever felt this good, like in my entire life!”

I guess despite the many things I’ve tried I probably still had/have elevated free fatty acids. I think in the past I probably took aspirin at set time intervals vs deliberately alongside food. What a difference! Very excited to see how I do in the coming weeks!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Just wanted to update:

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Herbie

I've been taking 4 grams a day for a few months now, nothing negative to report.

Ismail

Just wanted to update:

Wow amazing! Thank you for sharing, hope you continue to have better success in the coming weeks! Would love if you could give us an update on this thread too, thank you 🙏

Ismail

@EvanHinkle Do you still use activated charcoal? What did you initially experience with charcoal to know you had severe endotoxin issues?

EvanHinkle

@EvanHinkle Do you still use activated charcoal? What did you initially experience with charcoal to know you had severe endotoxin issues?
I use it very intermittently now, (as needed). Initially I narrowed my issues down to endotoxin through the first year or two of discovering Peat’s work. I had dermatitis for about ten years and cured it using charcoal, (I don’t want to derail this thread, so take a look at my posts on it for more details).

I’m beginning to suspect that free fatty acids, (as stupid as this sounds) are heavily underestimated by people on the forum, (or at least I have underestimated them). Aspirin is lowering the free fatty acids and FAS, allowing food to work better, or a supplement taken in conjunction with it to work better, (at least this is my experience). Peat has said a million times that anything can be detrimental to a person who is low thyroid. So, is it possible that for those of us with metabolic problems, all food and supplementation needs to be in conjunction with fatty acid inhibitors? Maybe that’s the real reason Peat is so keen on thyroid? His responses over and over to e-mails and calls, (to the point that it’s a meme in my family) “the usual things will help with this condition; aspirin, thyroid, progesterone…” how many times have you heard Peat say this?

What if the body is so concerned with PUFA and elevated free fatty acids that the entirety of its energy is directed towards that end, (leaving a reduction in energy for those things we experience as symptoms?).

I’m running an experiment today where I will not take food or a supplement without aspirin, (I’m not even sure it needs to be much really, I’m wondering if you could just pop “baby” aspirins all day with supplements and food - keeping vitamin k in mind for bleeding etc).

Ismail

I use it very intermittently now, (as needed). Initially I narrowed my issues down to endotoxin through the first year or two of discovering Peat’s work. I had dermatitis for about ten years and cured it using charcoal, (I don’t want to derail this thread, so take a look at my posts on it for more details).

I’m beginning to suspect that free fatty acids, (as stupid as this sounds) are heavily underestimated by people on the forum, (or at least I have underestimated them). Aspirin is lowering the free fatty acids and FAS, allowing food to work better, or a supplement taken in conjunction with it to work better, (at least this is my experience). Peat has said a million times that anything can be detrimental to a person who is low thyroid. So, is it possible that for those of us with metabolic problems, all food and supplementation needs to be in conjunction with fatty acid inhibitors? Maybe that’s the real reason Peat is so keen on thyroid? His responses over and over to e-mails and calls, (to the point that it’s a meme in my family) “the usual things will help with this condition; aspirin, thyroid, progesterone…” how many times have you heard Peat say this?

What if the body is so concerned with PUFA and elevated free fatty acids that the entirety of its energy is directed towards that end, (leaving a reduction in energy for those things we experience as symptoms?).

I’m running an experiment today where I will not take food or a supplement without aspirin, (I’m not even sure it needs to be much really, I’m wondering if you could just pop “baby” aspirins all day with supplements and food - keeping vitamin k in mind for bleeding etc).
Thank you for your response and for expanding upon your experience and thoughts - it’s extremely beneficial for me 🙏

Do you think it makes much difference if one takes a single type of vitamin K2, eg MK4 “version”? Or would it be more beneficial to take other types as well perhaps?

I’m assuming FAS means fatty acid synthesis? Excuse my ignorance.

How does your diet look currently? Are you eating a lower fat diet?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Update:

I found out that aspirin’s solubility in water is quite limited. It‘s only 0.33g per 100ml.

So I increased the water amount (of my filtered aspirin solution) to 300ml to fully saturate it with 1g of aspirin (2 tablets) in it.