Comparison of the Metabolic Stimulating Action of Aspirin and Thyroid

Ismail

Thank you for your response and for expanding upon your experience and thoughts - it’s extremely beneficial for me 🙏

Do you think it makes much difference if one takes a single type of vitamin K2, eg MK4 “version”? Or would it be more beneficial to take other types as well perhaps?

I’m assuming FAS means fatty acid synthesis? Excuse my ignorance.

How does your diet look currently? Are you eating a lower fat diet?
@EvanHinkle Kindly responded to me privately, he didn’t want to spam this thread unnecessarily.

Nevertheless I just wanted to let others know that FAS does mean fatty acid synthesis.

Thank you again for all your updates and help @EvanHinkle 🙏

Ismail

Update:

I found out that aspirin’s solubility in water is quite limited. It‘s only 0.33g per 100ml.

So I increased the water amount (of my filtered aspirin solution) to 300ml to fully saturate it with 1g of aspirin (2 tablets) in it.
Oh wow; that’s very interesting and good to know, thank you 🙏

Risingfire

SALICYLATE is a powerful metabolic stimulant in animals (Reid, J., personal communication, 1952), in man and in tissue slices.
In hypothyroid patients it is possible to restore the basal metabolic rate to normal levels with dosage of the order of 8 grams of aspirin daily in divided doses.

Source: Comparison of the Metabolic Stimulating Action of Aspirin and Thyroid - Nature
Very interesting! Thank you!

Seems to reduce myxedema which I have a little under my eyelids. Does it mention how long it takes to restore basal metabolic rate? I don't see it.

LadyRae

Very interesting! Thank you!

Seems to reduce myxedema which I have a little under my eyelids. Does it mention how long it takes to restore basal metabolic rate? I don't see it.
Right, regarding metabolic rate. I think aspirin is amazing and definitely has a lot of potential good uses, (inhibiting colon cancer for example) but when I took it every day about a year and a half ago, I noticed weight gain creeping on.

These days I will take it once in awhile, and in high doses it sure is relaxing and euphoric!, but I think it may actually encourage some weight gain. People will now respond to me saying that I'm not metabolizing glucose efficiently, but even though I'm eating a lot of fruit and plenty of carbs, I'm not going to just continue taking something every day on a whim because other people think it's great.

Risingfire

Right, regarding metabolic rate. I think aspirin is amazing and definitely has a lot of potential good uses, (inhibiting colon cancer for example) but when I took it every day about a year and a half ago, I noticed weight gain creeping on.

These days I will take it once in awhile, and in high doses it sure is relaxing and euphoric!, but I think it may actually encourage some weight gain. People will now respond to me saying that I'm not metabolizing glucose efficiently, but even though I'm eating a lot of fruit and plenty of carbs, I'm not going to just continue taking something every day on a whim because other people think it's great.
I'm sure the weight gain was because of the inhibition of free fatty acids.

I'm going to continue to take thyroid, vitamin d & e, and other supplements along with it. The study said thyroid and aspirin improve metabolic stimulation but not the same kind. Just trying to figure out how long basal metabolic rate returned after using 8k grams of aspirin.

EvanHinkle

I lost two pounds yesterday but my ears are ringing like I got hit square in the jaw. Probably works. I might retry in a few days with 3 grams of aspirin
I think someone linked up thread where glycine could help with aspirin induced tinnitus.

EvanHinkle

I’m running an experiment today where I will not take food or a supplement without aspirin, (I’m not even sure it needs to be much really, I’m wondering if you could just pop “baby” aspirins all day with supplements and food - keeping vitamin k in mind for bleeding etc).
This was a good experiment, just wanted to update. Taking the more frequent smaller doses of aspirin seemed to kick up my dermatitis, (which I haven’t had much of a flare-up of in months-and haven’t had one like this in a few years). I remedied it with charcoal as per usual, and am back to taking the 325mg tablets with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I say it was a good experiment because I’m almost always kinda trying to induce the dermatitis, (like take my body up to the edge of detoxification, to check where I’m at). It’s a good way to see what might need a tune up. The flare-up was in the Chinese meridian for large intestine, so looks like the aspirin alongside each food/drink may have increased my metabolism but my bowels weren’t up to the task.

I’ll stay at the “lower” dose for a while and try something like this again in a bit.

supercoolguy

How do you do this amount??

I went to 1.5g over 36hrs and feel like im gonna pass right out.
And ive been taking aspirin consistently for yrs.

Id like to up the dosage for the pronounced anti-estrogen/prolactin effects.

I took 4 grams of aspirin

I've been taking 4 grams a day for a few months now, nothing negative to report.

SO now I just munch on 1/2-1 tab aspirin Any Time, with Coffee or Cascara Bark Tea or Food.

cremes

Thanks for sharing that (older) article. Here's my favorite takeaway from it. This is something I never thought about but it makes total sense:

On the other hand, your organs are highly metabolically active. It is fascinating to note that the combined energy expenditure of the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain and liver represents approximately 80% of the TDEE. These organs have a metabolic rate that is 15-40 times greater than their equivalent weight of muscle and 50-100 times greater than fat tissue (R). Stress hormones, such as cortisol, are very catabolic to organ tissue whereas your steroids, such as progesterone, DHEA, testosterone, DHT, etc., protect your organs against the catabolic effect of cortisol.
I wonder how we can optimize the TDEE of our organs. Obviously, being metabolically healthy is a good idea but how to get there. Always the chicken or the egg...

@cremes Good point unfortunately people only see subcutaneous fat and lose sight of everything else....it's not easy to stay in the middle where "fit" maybe isn't so "fit" 😊

David PS

I wonder how we can optimize the TDEE of our organs. Obviously, being metabolically healthy is a good idea but how to get there.
I do not think that it is appropriate to group all of our organs together and then try to optimize them together. From a physiological viewpoint, the different organs are optimized by different strategies. Divide and conquer.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals