Commercial Juice Causing Very Dry Skin

L

Lord Cola

Whenever I drink commercial fruit juice, my skin (especially face and scalp) gets very dry and flaky within hours. Most of the juices I tried drinking were orange juice or guava juice, not from concentrate. I used to think it might have been citric acid that caused these reactions, since every commercial not-from-concentrate orange juice I've tried were sour. I recently started experimenting with sweet and not sour guava juice, and I get the same reactions, so now I am not so convinced that it's just citric acid that caused these reactions.

I do not experience these reactions when I eat ripe fruits that I juice myself. What could be causing these reactions when I drink commercial fruit juice?

rei

One thing you could try is to boil the juice and put it in fridge until cools down and see if you have reaction. Pasteurization destroys the juice to some degree but i have never heard it causing that obvious a reaction.
Another possibility is that they use some preservative you react to. Even if it says "no preservatives" they apparently can use them as long as they are not officially classified as preservatives, one such chemical is vitamin c.

Is it tetrapack-style or glass bottles?

OP
L

Lord Cola

One thing you could try is to boil the juice and put it in fridge until cools down and see if you have reaction. Pasteurization destroys the juice to some degree but i have never heard it causing that obvious a reaction.
Another possibility is that they use some preservative you react to. Even if it says "no preservatives" they apparently can use them as long as they are not officially classified as preservatives, one such chemical is vitamin c.
I'll try that. None of the commercial stuff I've tried are supposed to have any preservatives or additives.

ExCarniv

Same for me, everytime I drink commercial juices got dry skin and horrible heartburn, sad because they are really convenient, good thing we have oranges almost year round here.

OP
L

Lord Cola

Same for me, everytime I drink commercial juices got dry skin and horrible heartburn, sad because they are really convenient, good thing we have oranges almost year round here.
What do you think might have caused them?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals