Commercial Food List

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No one around me wants to eat healthy. Its unreal.

Oh well, at least next time I know I can get 25 pounds for a good price! Thank you Ann!

ARK

I am just going to throw this out there:
I sell the Omega Nutrition Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil on my website. I am not trying to push a sale. What I want to mention is that this is really the best Coconut Oil out there in the market -IMO :D . I have tried ALL of them. The reason I like this one is it has ZERO coconut taste, smell, or flavor. Since I eat it every day and I recommend it to everyone.. people tend to stop eating it if it makes everything taste like coconut. Plus, RP says to stay away from co that smells like coconut. To get rid of the coconut smell- they use steam ( that is it). It is a really GREAT coconut oil. I offer it on my site for my clients b/c it is expensive to ship.. but, I will if you message me. Also, it is made in Canada ( love Canada!!).. GREAT PRODUCT- promise. Worth keeping in mind esp if you have picky eaters.

http://www.arkofwellness.com/shop/produ ... l-organic/

kiran

AnnB said:
http://elitealternatives.net/shop/great-lakes-unflavored-beef-gelatin/
Great Lakes Gelatin is the purified protein derived by the selective hydrolysis of collagen from the skin, the connective tissue, and/or bones of animals. It is the only gelatin we have found that comes from an excellent source . It comes from Argentina from healthy beef that have been grass fed . Gelatin is an excellent source of protein, and cannot be recovered from hoofs, horn or non-collagen parts of vertebrate animals. There are no plant sources of gelatin. Great Lakes Gelatin is prepared under the most rigid sanitary conditions.

http://www.bulkfoods.com/nutrition-fact ... odID=40051
Product of Argentina

Same stuff, different packaging and therefore pricing. Buy it in bulk and save a lot of money for some good steak and cola. Ha!

Wow, is it really the same stuff?

Personally I have noticed that the green can isn't beneficial to me personally as the red can. Other brands of gelatin don't work either. I still have no explanation as to why this is the case. I wonder if this stuff will be good.

Birdie

AnnB said:
http://elitealternatives.net/shop/great-lakes-unflavored-beef-gelatin/
Great Lakes Gelatin is the purified protein derived by the selective hydrolysis of collagen from the skin, the connective tissue, and/or bones of animals. It is the only gelatin we have found that comes from an excellent source . It comes from Argentina from healthy beef that have been grass fed . Gelatin is an excellent source of protein, and cannot be recovered from hoofs, horn or non-collagen parts of vertebrate animals. There are no plant sources of gelatin. Great Lakes Gelatin is prepared under the most rigid sanitary conditions.

http://www.bulkfoods.com/nutrition-fact ... odID=40051
Product of Argentina

Same stuff, different packaging and therefore pricing. Buy it in bulk and save a lot of money for some good steak and cola. Ha!
How do you really know it's the same though?

AnnB

I e-mailed www.bulkfoods.com and asked if it was the same.

Ditzy of me to say something is the same, when there are so many manufacturing plants. Sorry....

Gelatin is a huge market, food, pharmaceutical, science, manufacturing (all kinds), art, etc. I could not find any manufacturer that wasn't part of a worldwide company. Each company has plants on each continent. There are several companies in Argentina and some have one to numerous plants.

At any rate, I'll just buy in bulk and not pay for containers as I have see-through canning jars for storage on pantry shelves. And canning jars are cheap purchased second-hand or new. Might even have a neighbor who will gift you some.

AnnB

BulkFoods.com gelatin is 250 bloom. A room temp or cold water bloom. Anyone know the bloom of Great Lakes? Does it say on the can?

Here is some comparisons. I don't claim to understand it, but I do like the bulk gelatin strength. When I use 1 Tablespoon in my coffee/gelatin/cocoa-sugar morning beverage (12 ounces total liquid/etc)...and if I don't drink all of it right away, it will gel to a pudding consistency.

If I use 2 Tablespoons....it will become a firm gel...that doesn't leave residue on your fingers if you were to eat it with your hands. Not as firm as gummy worms/bears/gumdrops....as that is a different recipe.

If the volumes of each are correct, the bulk gelatin appears heavier.

http://www.bulkfoods.com/unflavored_gelatin.htm
"Unflavored Gelatin

Gelatin Powders: Most health food gelatins are made from the 100 bloom product as it is the lowest cost gelatin due to its low gel ability. When it comes to health why buy a lower grade when the best grade costs very little more?"

1 envelope = 1/4 oz = 1/2 TBSP per pint liquid = 1.5%
2 envelope = 1/2 oz = 1 TBSP per pint fruit juice = 3%

Great Lakes
Gelatin Weight Liquid Weight
1 Tablespoon (1/4 oz.) 1 pint water
8 Tablespoons (2 oz.) 8 pints water (1 gallon)
4 oz. 2 gallons
10 oz. 5 gallons
20 oz. 10 gallons
2.5 lbs. 20 gallons
5 lbs. 40 gallons

nwo2012

AnnB said:
I e-mailed http://www.bulkfoods.com and asked if it was the same.

Ditzy of me to say something is the same, when there are so many manufacturing plants. Sorry....

Gelatin is a huge market, food, pharmaceutical, science, manufacturing (all kinds), art, etc. I could not find any manufacturer that wasn't part of a worldwide company. Each company has plants on each continent. There are several companies in Argentina and some have one to numerous plants.

At any rate, I'll just buy in bulk and not pay for containers as I have see-through canning jars for storage on pantry shelves. And canning jars are cheap purchased second-hand or new. Might even have a neighbor who will gift you some.

Im not saying it isnt the same but I wouldnt rely on a comapny being honest with a potential customer. Well shame they dont have a collagen hydrolysate as I like the convenience of being able to put into cold drinks, especially for the kids.

AnnB

Oh, I did see that page (forgot where I saw it) with various bloom types at Great Lakes, but it didn't specify the bloom of the beef gelatin.

My bulk gelatin blooms, but does not dissolve in cold water. Still has the tiny gelatin bead texture. Odd texture with just the water, but doesn't bother me when I sweetened the water with sugar.

The kids might find it fun to watch it bloom...and after doing so, not be bothered by the texture.

AnnB

I did not see where the Great Lakes beef gelatin states it is 250 bloom, unless that is on the can that you have.

At any rate, I have contacted Great Lakes and asked that question.

Gelatin sugar water: The texture has become annoying. I heated what remained, just enough to dissolve the gelatin. If a person planned ahead, this could be done before adding to cold drinks. But I fully understand the convenience of the hydrolysate.

I can understand why www.bulkfoods.com would not carry hydrolysate. If it doesn't gel, there is little/no use for it in modifying the texture of food or candies. And their business is selling bulk ingredients or product. Could always contact them and ask, though. Two answers...yes or no.

PeatFeat

I'm new to Peat ways and have a few food related questions...
What is the best kind of salt and why?
What kind of cheeses are good, and should any be avoided?
What about pork rinds?
Fresh/supplemental herbs?

AnnB

PeatFeat,
See the first post on the Commercial Food List and most of your questions will be answered.

AnnB

My Question to and Response from Great Lakes Gelatin.
Q: What is the bloom for your beef gelatin? Comparing this to other bulk gelatin I am considering purchasing.
R: Both are 225 bloom but you can have other options if you purchase in bulk.
Thank you

My Question to and Response from www.bulkfoods.com
Q: Hello,
On a health and diet related forum I made the broad statement that as both Great Lakes and your bulk gelatin are from Argentina, that "they are the same stuff, just different packaging".. With google searches I have discovered several companies with many manufacturing plants in Argentina....as well as worldwide.
So, is it the same stuff?

R: We only have the highest bloom, 250 See:
http://www.bulkfoods.com/gelatin.asp
Bulkfoods.com

So I guess it isn't the same stuff. Sorry about that.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ann, thank you for searching that out. I am still considering trying it though.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thank you Nick. I couldnt find any info on it but I went ahead and took it off anyways.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Good call, thanks again Nick.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals