UHM.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

burtlancast

uh...
I vote...eh...
to leave them out of the transcript too.

I've....uh...updated the FAQ..

4peatssake

First two sent to RP.

:woo

kiran

Is BingDing still gonna cover #10 ?
If not, I'll transcribe it if someone can mail/PM it to me.

loess

That's hilarious 4peatssake.

I agree with the note that you made in the FAQ, burtlancast, about leaving Ray's comments as is after the filler words are omitted, even if it is not quite grammatically correct. There are bound to be instances where the sentence ends up really nonsensical or appearing to have a completely different meaning than Ray or the intervewer intended, so in that case I think it's probably OK to take a few liberties in making edits for clarity, but otherwise I do feel that it's generally important to keep the transcriptions pretty transparent.

burtlancast

kiran said:
Is BingDing still gonna cover #10 ?
If not, I'll transcribe it if someone can mail/PM it to me.

BingDing has 10 days to complete his transcript; but i've just a created a third project needing volunteers, so you're welcome to help there.

burtlancast

loess said:
I agree with the note that you made in the FAQ, burtlancast, about leaving Ray's comments as is after the filler words are omitted, even if it is not quite grammatically correct. There are bound to be instances where the sentence ends up really nonsensical or appearing to have a completely different meaning than Ray or the intervewer intended, so in that case I think it's probably OK to take a few liberties in making edits for clarity, but otherwise I do feel that it's generally important to keep the transcriptions pretty transparent.

What i actually wrote in the FAQ is:
sometimes, the resulting transcript of Ray's words isn't correct/coherent grammatically ( on rare occasions): we propose to leave it as it is, without modifications

I meant actually NOT to make modifications, besides the "uh" and "oh" you mentioned, as it would run the risk of modifying the meaning, even so slightly.
A nonsensical sentence could easily have different meanings according to the reader, so this is why i believe we should keep it in untouched, and leave it to the reader to interpret it personnally.

What are other's people views on this ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I vote to leave it as is, not try to "fix" it.

burtlancast

In case some members still cannot get to the segments, i have added their respective individual lenghts in the head post, so transcription will always remain possible by downloading the original interview.
But for practical reasons, i do advise to extract the segment before transcribing it.

4peatssake

Charlie said:
I vote to leave it as is, not try to "fix" it.
Agree

loess

burtlancast said:
What i actually wrote in the FAQ is:
sometimes, the resulting transcript of Ray's words isn't correct/coherent grammatically ( on rare occasions): we propose to leave it as it is, without modifications

I meant actually NOT to make modifications, besides the "uh" and "oh" you mentioned, as it would run the risk of modifying the meaning, even so slightly.
A nonsensical sentence could easily have different meanings according to the reader, so this is why i believe we should keep it in untouched, and leave it to the reader to interpret it personnally.

What are other's people views on this ?

Yes, after reflecting on it, that seems to be the most reasonable plan, even at the cost of slight grammatical inconsistencies. I wasn't suggesting any major modifications; what I had in mind was more in the purely grammatical sense...but I understand where you're coming from and I certainly feel that keeping Ray's words as verbatim as possible is of the utmost priority out of respect for him and for the material itself.

Sheila

I am transcribing KMUD on Longevity by month's end.

kmud_141017_190002fritalk.mp3

I have no idea if this is the right place to inform you all so that there isn't duplication, sorry.

dd suggested this one to me. I will have it verified when done.

Sheila

burtlancast

Cheers Sheila :D

We'll make sure not to duplicate this interview in our projects.

EDIT: i've created now a special thread for the volunteers like you who chose to transcribe an entire interview: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5192

As soon as you post the interview, we will take it from there and create a verification thread inside the project section.

:hattip

I noticed the parts vary in length quite a bit!

burtlancast

Such_Saturation said:
That's correct.
To cut the parts, i need to wait for little gaps into the conversation.
And the questions Ray's answering also always need to be included ( or people wouldn't comprehend the direction of the conversation).

burtlancast said:
Such_Saturation said:
That's correct.
To cut the parts, i need to wait for little gaps into the conversation.
And the questions Ray's answering also always need to be included ( or people wouldn't comprehend the direction of the conversation).

Thank you, I am finding it very approachable.

tara

Blossom said:
Charlie said:
Just wanted to take this moment to say, thank you dd99 for being the spark that started this. And a big thanks to burtlancast for taking the initiative to get this going. Thank you! :hattip

It's a great day in Peat land. :mrgreen: These transcripts will help so many people.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks dd99, burt and everyone who has volunteered to help. :D
Thank you all very much indeed. I will really appreciate these - so much easier than listening, and searchable in the forum, too! :hattip

Are we sending them to Ray Peat as they get done? :mrgreen:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals