Combined Pregnenolone And Cyproheptadine-what Happened?

I took 70 mg pregnenolone with Cyproheptadine and I got bad anxiety/adrenaline. I took some thyroid and felt better. Is combining pregnenolone and Cyproheptadine a bad idea? I've read something about supressing ACTH and doses over 30 mg pregnenolone can do that. Any advice would be appreciated. Not looking for any snarky remarks.

Makrosky

Sounds strange because cypro is quite sedating. The PREG might have caused a low blood sugar if you didn't have good glycogen storate ie. didn't eat anything before taking the preg. Try it with food next time.

How many mg. of cypro btw ?

I tried that combination before without any issues.

OP
N
Sounds strange because cypro is quite sedating. The PREG might have caused a low blood sugar if you didn't have good glycogen storate ie. didn't eat anything before taking the preg. Try it with food next time.

How many mg. of cypro btw ?

I tried that combination before without any issues.

Thank you! I ate a small meal before. I think you are right. You just made my day! I was so confused. Since pregnenolone is made in the body it didn't make sense that this was happening. I just loaded up on some ice cream and I think I'm feeling better.

I've been taking cypro in doses of 2 mg throughout the day. What doses of preg and cypro do you take?

Makrosky

See how it goes next time with a bigger meal.

To be honest I didn't take them at the same time but in the same day, that's more precise. It was something like 4mg cypro in the morning + an espresso coffee + breakfast; and a dose of haiduts pregnenolone after lunch. That made it work.

Peata

Yes, when I took pregnenolone I noticed I must have enough food/sugar or can get an adrenaline response.

yerrag

Okay, thank you! Certainly a learning lesson for me.
It seems that in almost every instance when taking medication one has to have good blood sugar levels. Otherwise, side-effects gets amplified.