Combined Chromium And Magnesium Decreases Insulin Resistance More Effectively Than Either Alone

Laurence

From the full text:
200 mg supplemental Mg (Magnesium Carbonate)
160 μg supplemental Cr (Chromium Yeast)

Only combined did they have a significant effect on fasting blood glucose and insulin.

Meta-analysis does link Mg alone to improved glucose metabolism so perhaps as you suggest the type or dosage play an important role.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Thanks @Laurence never used that website before and couldn't see how to get the full article.

Mag carbonate hasn't got the best bioavailability. Seems gluconate and aspartate are best absorbed. At least they didn't use oxide. Not sure how much difference a better type would have made. 200mg seems very low for magnesium though, perhaps a higher amount would have brought about a different result.

"The lowest absorption of 26Mg was observed in the rats receiving MgSO4 and MgCO3, whereas the highest absorption of 26Mg was observed in the rats receiving the organic Mg salts, in particular Mg gluconate."

John Libbey Eurotext - Magnesium Research - Study of magnesium bioavailability from ten organic and inorganic Mg salts in Mg-depleted rats using a stable isotope approach

Last edited:
Ray thinks chromium is poisonous and i think so too. We had another thread about it, but i wouldn't take it at all. We get plenty probably as it is, with stainless steel cookery etc.

Laurence

"The tenth cooking cycle resulted in an average of 88 μg of Ni and 86 μg of Cr leached per 126 g serving of tomato sauce"
"Toxicological studies indicate that a single oral dose of Ni as low as 67 μg can cause recurrence of allergic contact dermatitis, flare up eczema, or lead to systemic dermatitis in individuals sensitive to nickel "

Stainless steel leaches nickel and chromium into foods during cooking.

:eek:

6 hour cook time though, and presume non-acidic foods will leach far less. I was unaware of this, thanks for the info.
Enamel pans from now on for anything acidic!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals