1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. LifeGivingStore.com New Products List:
    Natural Dessicated Thyroid

Magnesium Hydroxide

Dismiss Notice

Combating Elevated Cortisol & Histamine Resulting From Jogging & Sprinting

Discussion in 'Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine' started by theDao, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Constatine

Constatine Member

I wouldn't worry too much about lowering cortisol or serotonin right after a workout. Just getting plenty of carbs and protein after working out is all you really need to do. Serotonin and cortisol surely spike during workouts (as workouts is a stressor) but its mostly the endorphins that lead to the feel good reactions at the end of workouts.

2. maillol

maillol Member

This guy makes some interesting points. He's talking about weight lifting but he makes the point that cortisol is triggered when glucose is needed so to help prevent this you should take in plenty of carbs before a workout.

3. maillol

maillol Member

Just came across this study https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-pdf/64/5/778/23157565/778.pdf

Preexercise meal composition alters plasma large neutral
    amino acid responses during exercise and recovery13

It suggests eating a pre-exercise meal with a low ratio of tryptophan to other amino acids to limit the exercise induced increase in serotonin. The best performer in this study was corn cereal.

4. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

Just wanted to say, that anyone who can do 100 pull-ups in a workout, in a few sets, must have impressive strength.
    At my best shape ever, I could do like 3,4 sets x 12 bodyweight pull-ups.

5. maillol

maillol Member

Yeah I didn't clock that. 100 pull-ups is insane.

6. GuideYourHealth

GuideYourHealth New Member

You can use an adaptogen like Maca Root to balance your cortisol levels. I actually HAD to because my cortisol levels were too high, it works like a charm.

7. Ableton

Ableton Member

depends on how far your hands are together, hence how you do pull ups

i similarly do sets of around 12 when my hands are far apart (back more involved), and i do 20 plus when they are close together (biceps more involved)

8. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

Hi @Velve921 One thing that I have not tried seriously is elimination of starch. More sleep, energy & muscle sounds good & I think digestion might be the key here. Did the athletes you refer to just substitute a piece of fruit for starch at meals?

Just looking for how do this on a practical level to ensure meeting calorie needs etc. Also any thoughts on which fruits worked best? Thanks.

9. Elize

Elize Member

HIT > Introduction

Look at the foodlists

A lot of information about Histamine related conditions.
    Magnesium citrate liberator of Mast Cell activation.. Carbonate is ok.
    I also have a problem with carbs but have some to keep weight up
    I have low cortisol not high may be why magnesium is an issue with me

10. Ableton

Ableton Member

Where did you get that from? I am taking that stuff. Guess I will have to switch since I do have allergic reactions

11. Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Dr.Winston O'Boogie Member

12. Velve921

Velve921 Member

Many of them would always start with switching pasta, rice, and/or white potato with...

sweet potato and fruit at their pre game and post game meals. The sweet potato made a huge difference for the majority.

Popular fruits were oranges, bananas, and berries (by their choice).

So this is the interesting thing, fruits they chose do not always work well with everybody, but generally speaking, most reported a huge differences from simply switching starch for fruit.

Ice cream became a huge pre bedtime favorite... especially after games.

13. AlexR

AlexR Member

I’m not sure if this has been said yet, but you should stop mouth breathing during exercise if you are. I had terrible hay fever where I would have an allergic reaction for days after a 30 minute jog and ever since doing buteyko I have had no issues with allergies at all.

14. Spartan300

Spartan300 Member

Thanks @Velve921 When I've attempted less starch previously I felt I ran out of fuel quickly and needed to eat more often. I'll see how it goes.

15. Elize

Elize Member

HIT > Introduction

Look at downloads and click on food lists. Histamine liberators and foods/medication fillers are showing.

16. Velve921

Velve921 Member

I’ve had the same response as well. I eat between 4000-4500 kcals a day. I used to only eat around 2000 a day when I did the opposite. So I have to fuel more but it’s worth it for the emotional response.