[Collection] Better Food Choices in Germany

Andman

Palmin fully hydrogenated coconut oil is pretty great. Not available in Austria so i have friends from Germany send it to me sometimes

jack_zen

I order my oysters from asianfoodlovers.de
they are way cheaoer than your source but I don't know about the difference in quality

for orange juice I like "Amecke Sanfte Säfte" (Edeka) or Valensina milde Orange Direktsaft (Aldi)

Fairykiller

At least in Bavaria you can buy vorzugsmilch (raw milk) in most organic supermarkets. Or search the Manufactum bread and butter shops.

Hofmann95

milk = Weihenstephan 0,1% (Edeka)
Juice = Amecke Sanfte Säfte or Beckers Bester (expensive)

OP
appotis

appotis

I like Amecke Sanfte Säfte, too.

What do you think about orange juice concentrate? It is convenient that you can mix it water at home. So you do not need to carry so many juice with you.

OP
appotis

appotis

Is frozen fruit fine? Isn't always or most of the time ripe fruit?

20210509_120029.jpg

-Luke-

When I bought my food at Edeka (I don't have one near where I live now), I used to to buy the frozen Mango and "Sauerkirschen". Both seemed to be ripe. The Mango was soft and sweet. A few months ago I bought some frozen Mango at Aldi and it wasn't ripe at all.

Mauritio

I still haven't found a perfect OJ that comes close to juicing yourself. Amecke is the best so far, but I find it increases my sinus issues.

Palmin is awesome!

I recently saw something about frozen fruit on tv that wasn't so positive they said you're supposed to cook the fruit before eating. Who does that ?

I recently found a organic frozen chicken liver that seems good. it's from tegut.

I also found the alnatura chocolate ice cream very peat friendly. With 19g/21g of fat being saturated .

equipoise

I still haven't found a perfect OJ that comes close to juicing yourself. Amecke is the best so far, but I find it increases my sinus issues.

Palmin is awesome!

I recently saw something about frozen fruit on tv that wasn't so positive they said you're supposed to cook the fruit before eating. Who does that ?

I recently found a organic frozen chicken liver that seems good. it's from tegut.

I also found the alnatura chocolate ice cream very peat friendly. With 19g/21g of fat being saturated .
You're never gonna find it. Trust me on this mate, you're far better of eating ripe fruit or cooking apples/pears than you'll ever be trying to compromise with store bought juice that isn't ridiculously expensive. Far better of saving money there and investing it somewhere else.

Fresh OJ is one of my favourite things of all time, given that oranges are sweet. But that doesn't mean that I have to consume them year round. The rest 6 months of them not being available (or ridiculously expensive) means more time to try out recipes/combinations of different ripe fruit that I'm not allergic to. So, plenty of fruit to pick from.

Keep goin!

boris

Last edited:

boris

Other good products:
• Mio Mio Cola (no citric acid, low in phosphoric acid, herbal taste)
• Kaufland has pure porkrinds in the chips section
• Funny Frisch Chips are an acceptable treat, they use high oleic sunflower oil (only 2,8g of PUFA in 100g of chips)
• Exquisa Körniger Frischkäse Fitness 0,8% (the only real cottage cheese available in the supermarket, no gums)
• Galbani Mozarella di Buffula (milk, salt, animal rennet), only the buffalo version is good, the regular one has citric acid
• Parmiggiano Reggiano
• Gläserne Molkerei, affordable grass fed milk
• Kerrygold, grass fed butter

Last edited:

Michael Mohn

Turk Halal butcher have lots of fresh organ meats like liver, kidney, heart, brain! , testicles etc.
Twice a month I boil cow feet into gelatin. They also have pansen, a good source of collagen. In Cologne you can buy fresh oysters for 1-1,20€ per piece at the commercial retailers market. Sometimes I buy turkish honey comb, pretty cheap but I would prefer an organic source.

I like organic grape juice from Rewe for 1,80/L. Now I buy melons and juice them. Got a slow juicer for under 80€.

Mauritio

It has gums (carob flour) which could be problematic [Emulsifiers Found In Most Commercial Foods Cause Brain Tumors, Hemorrhage, And Stroke]. Although people say they don't have a problem when eating products with carob or gum arabica as opposed to carrageenan. The only ice cream without gums I have ever found here is Haagen Dazs vanilla.
Oh ok I'll check that out . But does it also not have soy lecithin?
Btw the 19g number was for sugar not fat .
Fat is like 14g, with 8 being from saturated fat, but all fat sources are peat friendly.

boris

@Mauritio No :): , only cream, condensed skim milk (avoiding oxidized cholesterol), sugar, eggyolk, vanilla extract

6367845_002.jpg

Mauritio

boris

I like Amecke Sanfte Säfte, too.

What do you think about orange juice concentrate? It is convenient that you can mix it water at home. So you do not need to carry so many juice with you.

@Giraffe A german OJ concentrate product, I haven't tried it yet, but seems interesting.

Did you know if it's good/sweet @appotis ?