[Collection] Better Food Choices in Germany

LeeLemonoil

Edeka own organic bio-Brand has a fairly cheap glass of cherries. I sometimes eat those at night to get melatonin. It works

boris

@-Luke- @hering

That REWE ice cream is great :yum: . Eating a whole tub of the vanilla without problems, feels amazing. Eating a whole tub of the chocolate variety makes me sick for some minutes, must be something about the cocoa powder. I tried it 2 times, both times the same result.

Mauritio

Anybody can recommend a good juicer and sweet oranges?

I always got valensina, amd juiced by hand, but this time I really want to get into the juicing business because the quality of freshly juiced OJ is just so much better than any of the stuff I ever bought.

Mauritio

Anybody can recommend a good juicer and sweet oranges?

I always got valensina, amd juiced by hand, but this time I really want to get into the juicing business because the quality of freshly juiced OJ is just so much better than any of the stuff I ever bought.
Bump.
I got a juicer now . Still need a goog brand of oranges.

boris

Bump.
I got a juicer now . Still need a goog brand of oranges.

Every batch I ever bought was different, even from the same variety and same brand. One day they were ripe the other day completely sour. I just buy Amecke orange juice now.

Mauritio

Every batch I ever bought was different, even from the same variety and same brand. One day they were ripe the other day completely sour. I just buy Amecke orange juice now.
I also used amecke for quite some time, but it doenst come close to a freshly juiced one imo

boris

I also used amecke for quite some time, but it doenst come close to a freshly juiced one imo

That's true, just at the moment the gamble with fresh fruit is too bothersome for me, because of bad reactions to it (and cost especially, because I have to throw it out). Let us know when you find a reliable source of oranges!

Mauritio

That's true, just at the moment the gamble with fresh fruit is too bothersome for me, because of bad reactions to it (and cost especially, because I have to throw it out). Let us know when you find a reliable source of oranges!
Will do!

Mauritio

I’d think a local Obst- and Gemüsehändler, often owned/managed by Turks, Libanese or other Levantines is a good bet. They should be able to recommend or order good juicable s
Yes good idea , I also noticed that the Turkish stores often have good fruits .

Mauritio

This is my first self and freshly juiced orange juice :)
20210716_162007.jpg

This is a comparison to a glass of amecke OJ (sweet version) on the right. I dont know how well you can see the difference on the pictures but in real life it's pretty obvious: one is orange and the other one is yellow.

I never found a commercial orange juice thats really orange . Dont know what's up with that. Mine looks like the commercial one ,when I I dilute it with 50% water ..
The taste is even more different . It's really sweet , the amecke tastes pretty bitter in comparison ,eventhough it's one of the better commercial ones .
I emailed Peat if he prefers a certain type of oranges for juicing, let's see what he has to say .

20210716_162117.jpg

Attachments

• 20210716_162117.jpg
    20210716_162117.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 21

youngsinatra

There is so much variation with all kinds of orange juices. I really love REWE‘s clementine juice at the moment - I drink it all the time but in the summer it tastes way sweeter and better.

boris

Pepsi in Germany silently changed their standard cola recipe and now has added artificial sweeteners. Nothing on the front of the bottle suggests it, the design is completely identical to the old Pepsi which only had sugar.

I just noticed it by accident while eating lunch and having the bottle in front of me. Just bought a whole case of it, which I‘ll have to return now. Already drank several bottles of it. This is criminal.

Pepsi in Germany silently changed their standard cola recipe and now has added artificial sweeteners. Nothing on the front of the bottle suggests it, the design is completely identical to the old Pepsi which only had sugar.

I just noticed it by accident while eating lunch and having the bottle in front of me. Just bought a whole case of it, which I‘ll have to return now. Already drank several bottles of it. This is criminal.
Do you have a good alternative? Except Coca Cola

boris

Do you have a good alternative? Except Coca Cola
Luckily yes. Still kind of sad because I always liked the taste of Pepsi.

Kaufland‘s own Cola brand tastes pretty good. And there are some more expensive ones, like Mio Mio Cola, which taste good.

Luckily yes. Still kind of sad because I always liked the taste of Pepsi.

Kaufland‘s own Cola brand tastes pretty good. And there are some more expensive ones, like Mio Mio Cola, which taste good.
Yes, but all those brands add too much additives usually.
I think it might be a consideration to make your own soft drink when you have soda stream.
carbonating self made fruit juice and maybe adding caffeine

boris

Yes, but all those brands add too much additives usually.
I think it might be a consideration to make your own soft drink when you have soda stream.
carbonating self made fruit juice and maybe adding caffeine
Oh, those are all just the standard cola recipe: sugar, phosphoric acid, caffeine, aroma.

What really bothers me about the Pepsi thing is that they added toxic artificial sweeteners to a decades old unchanged recipe without declaring anything on the package. A lot of people will just keep buying it without realising what they are ingesting.

Oh, those are all just the standard cola recipe: sugar, phosphoric acid, caffeine, aroma.
I have to pay better attention to the ingredients then. Most local breweries who sell Cola products have been adding various kind of things since they have been bought up by bigger companies

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals