[Collection] Better Food Choices in Germany

Mauritio

Anybody known a good organic tobacco to occasionaly smoke a cigarette ?

Mauritio

-Luke-

youngsinatra

My 2 favorites:

Pure clementine juice (REWE) - costs 1.39 per liter (much sweeter and more delicious than OJ - I drink 1 or 2 of these a day)
Lean ground beef 5% (Aldi) - costs 2.99 per 400g package

Then some others staples of course: basmati rice, carrots, white button mushrooms, organic coffee, pasture-raised eggs.

In terms of tobacco, I like "gauloises source" (a brown pack)

hering

My 2 favorites:

Pure clementine juice (REWE) - costs 1.39 per liter (much sweeter and more delicious than OJ - I drink 1 or 2 of these a day)
Lean ground beef 5% (Aldi) - costs 2.99 per 400g package

Then some others staples of course: basmati rice, carrots, white button mushrooms, organic coffee, pasture-raised eggs.

In terms of tobacco, I like "gauloises source" (a brown pack)
Good stuff - will have to try the clementine juice.
Where do you get those eggs from?
Which organic coffee do you consume? I often order from coffeecircle- very tasty but also expensive.

youngsinatra

Good stuff - will have to try the clementine juice.
Where do you get those eggs from?
Which organic coffee do you consume? I often order from coffeecircle- very tasty but also expensive.
I get my eggs from a local farmer.
And regarding coffee - I normally don't really use organic coffee, because it often don't taste that well, at least from my experience.
I bought some random organic coffee lately from REWE, because I became somewhat concerned about potential toxins in coffee, but I think I will switch back to my old coffee brand after I used up the organic one.
I often ordered a bulk amount of coffee beans online from Langen Rösterei - this is by far my favorite coffee brand.

yashi

Anybody known a good organic tobacco to occasionaly smoke a cigarette ?
Manitou Organic Blend No.9, I smoke it in a Kiseru pipe (thus no paper needed). (Order online or ask tobacco shop to order, it's not as omnipresent as pueblo, which is fine too I guess)

Other good products:

- Supreme Vanilla Ice Cream from ALDI basically has the same ingredients as Haagen Dasz for half the price.
- ALDI Swiss Emmentaler is raw milk and has real animal rennet.
- EDEKA organic mixed grape juice tastes the best of all I have tried (all non-organic ones taste weird, and I tried like 6)
- EDEKA/Kaufland has A2 full fat milk in some stores. (Taubentaler Hof)
- ALDI organic black tiger shrimp are pretty good and affordable.
- Weleda Kinder Zahnpasta has no fluoride and no menthol.
- Gerolsteiner Mineralwater has high amounts of Calcium and Magnesium

michael94

What do you German posters think of Harzer Käse (Birkenstock) for low fat cheese? I am already used to the smell by now (lol) and it tastes superior to other dairy products with a similar fat level - which is almost none

Mauritio

Anybody know where to find a good "real" olive oil as mentioned on the recent danny roddy podcast ?

1623566311140.png

LeeLemonoil

What’s your take on non-organic fruits from the Discounters and supermarkets - both frozen and in glasses like cherries and blueberries? Safe to consume or too polluted by pesticides, herbicides etc?

yashi

Anybody know where to find a good "real" olive oil as mentioned on the recent danny roddy podcast ?
Basically any supermarket has some kind of extra virgin olive oil. I personally think the greek ones (kalamata olives, etc.) are the best quality. Just make sure it's D.O.P./D.P.O. , which means growing, harvesting, extracting, etc. all is done in the location that's on the label and you won't get anything mixed with cheaper oils.

Last edited:

Mauritio

Basically any supermarket has some kind of extra virgin olive oil. I personally think the greek ones (kalamata olives, etc.) are the best quality. Just make sure it's D.O.P./D.P.O. , which means growing, harvesting, extracting, etc. all is done in the location that's on the label and you won't get anything mixed with cheaper oils.
Thanks! I'll look for it .

Michael Mohn

What’s your take on non-organic fruits from the Discounters and supermarkets - both frozen and in glasses like cherries and blueberries? Safe to consume or too polluted by pesticides, herbicides etc?
Aldi and Kaufland have frozen organic, raspberries, blueberries, mangos, sometimes strawberries. They're not much more expensive than normal ones. I prefer organic for fruits eaten with the skin as they tend to be treated heavily. Pineapple, oranges, kiwi, papaya and melons I don't care too much about organic.

Mauritio

Aldi and Kaufland have frozen organic, raspberries, blueberries, mangos, sometimes strawberries. They're not much more expensive than normal ones. I prefer organic for fruits eaten with the skin as they tend to be treated heavily. Pineapple, oranges, kiwi, papaya and melons I don't care too much about organic.
Here they say that frozen berries are meant to be cooked before eaten. Who does that ?!

I think I'm going to eat more fresh fruit again.

View: https://youtu.be/mz9OVuLKeIM

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals