[Collection] Better Food Choices in Germany

Mauritio

Anybody know a good low fat ice cream ?

Btw I second the clementine juice from Rewe.

Anybody know a good low fat ice cream ?

Btw I second the clementine juice from Rewe.
I think it would be tricky because the lack of fat would make ice usually less creamy except if you use fillers which mimic the consistency.

You could try doing Kulfi yourself from fat reduced or even skimmed milk and go from there

Mauritio

I think it would be tricky because the lack of fat would make ice usually less creamy except if you use fillers which mimic the consistency.

You could try doing Kulfi yourself from fat reduced or even skimmed milk and go from there
Ok thanks .

LeeLemonoil

Just saw that Kaufland now offers via its own organic brand: Bio-Zuckerrohr-Melasse. Nice.

Also the organic Gewürzgurken are cheap and tasty.

Their vegan Coconut-Joghurt is excellent too. Just water, coconut-milk, bit of mango-purée and only Pectins as stabilizer.

It’s their own brand but actually made my Bauer.

Mauritio

Anybody know where to find good ox tail soup ?

Kvothe

Anybody know where to find good ox tail soup ?
Not a chance. Only way is to go to the butcher shop of your choice and make it yourself. Oxtail is usually pretty cheap because few people want to get it anymore, and they would otherwise just throw it away.

Mauritio

Not a chance. Only way is to go to the butcher shop of your choice and make it yourself. Oxtail is usually pretty cheap because few people want to get it anymore, and they would otherwise just throw it away.
Ok, thanks. I found a good butcher recently, I'll ask them.

LeeLemonoil

Fairly pricy hipsterish but likely a good ready made one.

Not every butcher gets ox-tails from their slaughterhouses so you need to find a better one that slaughters on his own or is willing to order.

There is also the option to order dried ox-tails online. Cheap. The dried meat isn’t as tasty as fresh one in the soup but the steps of cooking are roughly the same. I did it before. Order lots of them for dogs.

Mauritio

Fairly pricy hipsterish but likely a good ready made one.

Not every butcher gets ox-tails from their slaughterhouses so you need to find a better one that slaughters on his own or is willing to order.

There is also the option to order dried ox-tails online. Cheap. The dried meat isn’t as tasty as fresh one in the soup but the steps of cooking are roughly the same. I did it before. Order lots of them for dogs.
Thanks ! Cheap enough to try it out. I can't eat collagen/glycine, so I gotta try something else for it.

Ben.

Thanks ! Cheap enough to try it out. I can't eat collagen/glycine, so I gotta try something else for it.

DOnt know about oxtail specifically but have you checkec brox and jarmino?

They sell/delive bonebroth in germany/austria.

Jarmino even has a "concentrate" which i would assume is better money wise.
Brox even sells them in 5 Litre boxes.

Only have tried jarmino and its to expensive regularly but godddamn is it tasty.

Mauritio

DOnt know about oxtail specifically but have you checkec brox and jarmino?

They sell/delive bonebroth in germany/austria.

Jarmino even has a "concentrate" which i would assume is better money wise.
Brox even sells them in 5 Litre boxes.

Only have tried jarmino and its to expensive regularly but godddamn is it tasty.
Thanks, in tue process of looking this up ,I found one in a supermarket nearby . I'll try that one first.

Mauritio

Aldi has fries and curly fries fried in palm oil. Better alternative for fries in sunflower oil for when you need somethig quick. Id love to see sweet potato fries in palm oil or coconut oil but i havent found that yet. Somtimes i make them myself but its just such a hassle...

-Luke-

Saw yesterday that Aldi has a new non-homogenized milk (Nur Nur Natur, white, slightly green package), if anybody digests that better. I think it was 1,49 EUR per liter.

Mauritio

Saw yesterday that Aldi has a new non-homogenized milk (Nur Nur Natur, white, slightly green package), if anybody digests that better. I think it was 1,49 EUR per liter.
thx for sharing , aldi also some decent ice cream.

Mauritio

Tastes fantastic with a bit of marmalade on top.

Attachments

• IMG_20230730_141444.jpg
    IMG_20230730_141444.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20230730_141425.jpg
    IMG_20230730_141425.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 37

Mauritio

Anybody know the cake "kalter hund" ?
Its a recipe for a cake made of hydrogenated coconut oil, sugar, dark chocolate and cookies. It tastes amazing.

Another thing thats really popular in my region before christmas is a cookie / Plätzchen called "heinerle" , they are also made of hydrogenated coconut oil, starch ,sugar, eggs and dark chocolate (and a little rum). My brother in law ,from another state does not know them so they might be a regional thing. But where I live they are so popular that before Christmas hydrogenated coconut oil is sold out in every supermarket lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals