Collard, Mustard And Turnip Greens As Good As Kale?

Kelly

I buy frozen veggies to save money and reduce waste. I have been looking for frozen kale but haven't been able to find it. Yesterday I found frozen collard, mustard, and turnip greens. Is there a reason kale is better than these? All seem high in calcium and vitamin K, although the k is highest in kale.

cliff

Those are all fine

Primal2Peat

You don't want vitamin K1 from vegetables.

You want K2 from bacteria, found in cheese and milk.

cliff

Primal2Peat said:
You don't want vitamin K1 from vegetables.

You want K2 from bacteria, found in cheese and milk.

Vitamin k1 converts readily to k2 just have to eat enough.

pboy

dunno if you can get it in your area but mulberry juice is a good source of both calcium and vitamin k, and e...also
good for magnesium and actually contains 3g protein per cup, and isnt harsh or overly acidic. Smart Juices is the brand I drink but theres only 2 stores in my city that sell it...its pretty rare.

Alfalfa juice is very high in calcium, oatsraw tea, nettle leaf tea, horsetail tea....but i dunno if Peat recommends those and/or if they have antinutrients or anything. Of course sesame seeds are very high in calcium, but also PUFA and fiber which kinda makes them almost obsolete. Then just in general, almost all leafy greens/herbs are relatively decent sources or vitamin k and calcium.