Collagen Or Gelatin

Kt400

I'm an athlete who's had two shoulder surgeries (Labrum and Bicep Tendon) and a history of back injury. What do you recommend Collagen or Gelatin?

TeaRex14

They both essentially do the same thing. I prefer collagen because it dissolves in cold liquids as well. I have made some pretty good homemade marshmallows from gelatin though. Bone broth, oxtail, osso buco, chicarrones, head cheese, and ground beef are good sources of whole food gelatin as well.

OP
K

Kt400

They both essentially do the same thing. I prefer collagen because it dissolves in cold liquids as well. I have made some pretty good homemade marshmallows from gelatin though. Bone broth, oxtail, osso buco, chicarrones, head cheese, and ground beef are good sources of whole food gelatin as well.
what do you feel is a better source ground beef or collagen?

TeaRex14

what do you feel is a better source ground beef or collagen?
Well collagen is a more pure, concentrated source. However if you're trying to heal from injury it's probably best to get a full spectrum of proteins, so a whole food source like ground beef and bone broth would probably be more suitable. The main issue with ground beef is it can be really high in fat. I would recommend something that's at least 90% lean.

Elize

I make my own collagen/gelatin.

Use 3 pounds good quality beef bones and 2 cups of water

Place in pressure cooker. Cook for 1 hour 40 minutes. Remove bones from liquid and leave liquid to cool down overnight in fridge. Scoop the solidified fat off. Slice in cubes and freeze it in individual bags. Add a cube of the gelatin to a cup of coffee, soup or broth. broth can be made by using cooking beef and three cups of water Boil in pressure cooker for 1 hr 50 min

Inaut

Can anybody recommend anything for a torn labrum? Exercises, red light etc...?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals