Collagen Hydrolysate

marsaday

Has anyone had any experience with this supplement ?

My wife has bought some on a recommendation from a friend. I have just tried a tablespoon in a hot drink for the first time. This supplement looks really interesting.

I think Ray recommends increasing gelatine consumption, so i am thinking this may be a good alternative to actual gelatine.

I am interested in the effect this will have on skin and hair health. It will be interesting to see if anything positive comes from this supplement.

I will try update this thread with any positive/negative effects i notice over the next few weeks.

I will mention now that my nails have suddenly started growing like crazy on my hands (not so much the feet). I have recently started to use a multivitamin and mineral made by Biocare.

This is the product:BioCare Adult Multivitamins and Minerals 90 Capsules

Just thought i would mention this because i know the collagen may also make the nails grow well.

Wagner83

I'm trialing the collagen from peptan. Gelatin and glycine didn't work.
At 2.5 gr with meals, I'm aching from everywhere, my muscles, my joints. Strong detox symptoms! I saw a vague claim it can increase calcium levels so it must be true.

Collagen Supplements Side Effects And Health Benefits

High level of calcium

Collagen supplements may increase the level of calcium inside the body, leading to possible nausea, vomiting, muscles aches and pain in the joints, fatigue or an irregular heartbeat, etc.
@Bart1

Bart1

o_O
At 2.5 gr with meals, I'm aching from everywhere, my muscles, my joints. Strong detox symptoms! I saw a vague claim it can increase calcium levels so it must be true.

High level of calcium

Collagen supplements may increase the level of calcium inside the body, leading to possible nausea, vomiting, muscles aches and pain in the joints, fatigue or an irregular heartbeat, etc.
@Bart1
Wow thanks for the inclusion, I take a ton of collagen hydrolysate:eek:

I’m hoping to see my blood work soon to see whats up with calcium and vitamin d

berk

do you also take dairy products?

Wagner83

High level of calcium

@Bart1
I stopped but it messed me up pretty bad. I have awful cramps and tensions in the torso and neck, sinus inflammation, headache.

Peater Pan

o_O
Wow thanks for the inclusion, I take a ton of collagen hydrolysate:eek:

Holy ***t. I've been taking 20 g/day as in my chocolate milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals