Collagen/gelatin Aids In Muscle Growth And Fat Loss

David90

Great Article Again, Hans.

It is nowadays a No-Brainer for me to eat Gelatin Daily. It has such Positive Effects. It Promotes also Sleep Quality (do to Activating GABA & Glycine Receptors in the Brain?) and Improves Joint Health. I Eat personally like 40-60g Daily.

Before that i would also really struggle to get my Protein Intake in. But now i'm not even trying and get 140g Easily..... :smile:

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What's your typical glycine:methionine ratio (excluding any explicit glycine supplements)?
Without gelatin, I get 10g of glycine and 4.2g of methionine and with the gelatin, the glycine goes up to 17g. I'm going to do an experiment where I'm going to add in extra glycine to check the effect.

baccheion

Without gelatin, I get 10g of glycine and 4.2g of methionine and with the gelatin, the glycine goes up to 17g. I'm going to do an experiment where I'm going to add in extra glycine to check the effect.
Why extra glycine? That's a good g:m ratio. Apparently, 2:1 glycine : (methionine + tryptophan + cysteine) is desired.

Vinny

Thanks man. Yeah, I eat about 30g of gelatin a day and it's definitely aiding in recovery and sleep.

I see the link is to my old site. The correct link is this one: Collagen: the one thing you need more of for muscle growth and fat loss
Thank you, Hans.
Never, ever experienced whatsoever of the described in the article possible benefits of gelatin. Just continued to gain fat and lose (a little, but measurable) muscle mass.
I was having it in the form of gummy bears, which ingredients look harmless (not 100% sure tho). Had roughly a packet a day, each is 200 grams. They were quite delicious and I got quickly addicted, but after loading, my stomach felt very bad.
I don't know if some of the ingredients were messing me up, could be the citric acid, idk, but before them I was cooking regularly oxtail soup, which was an absolute treat, but healthwise did not make any difference.

I still eat oxtail and gummy bears occasionally, but only because I like the taste.

All of this leads me to believe, that there are wonderful studies, which show amazing, undisputable results, but ...... they just don't apply, sadly, to everyone.

David90

Thank you, Hans.
Never, ever experienced whatsoever of the described in the article possible benefits of gelatin. Just continued to gain fat and lose (a little, but measurable) muscle mass.
I was having it in the form of gummy bears, which ingredients look harmless (not 100% sure tho). Had roughly a packet a day, each is 200 grams. They were quite delicious and I got quickly addicted, but after loading, my stomach felt very bad.
I don't know if some of the ingredients were messing me up, could be the citric acid, idk, but before them I was cooking regularly oxtail soup, which was an absolute treat, but healthwise did not make any difference.

I still eat oxtail and gummy bears occasionally, but only because I like the taste.

All of this leads me to believe, that there are wonderful studies, which show amazing, undisputable results, but ...... they just don't apply, sadly, to everyone.
Maybe the Positive Effects are More Pronounced in Gelatin/Collagen then in Gummy Bears....