Colder Body After Peating

pro marker

i have been peating for about 3 months now. and my body is just getting colder and colder.
my diet is fruits, raw fermented milk, raw blue cheese, meat bone broth, potatoes, tons of honey, lots of liver.
sometimes oj but it doesnt really do me anything.

when i switched from an aajonous raw primal diet to peat my hairloss stopped at first, but now its falling out like crazy again. my body is so cold that when i shower for 30 minutes in hot water my skin is still cold. hands are always freezing. im very pale, crave cold water and im pretty sure im hypothyroid and been all my life. why isnt my body temp going up? i go to the toilet more often and i eat more often.

Ableton

Eat more. Do one full blood panel. I had similar symptoms from bein iron deficient

milkboi

Probably not the root cause of your problem, but I wouldn‘t make blue cheese a staple (even though it‘s delicious) because of the mold.

Hans

Forum Supporter
i have been peating for about 3 months now. and my body is just getting colder and colder.
my diet is fruits, raw fermented milk, raw blue cheese, meat bone broth, potatoes, tons of honey, lots of liver.

when i switched from an aajonous raw primal diet to peat my hairloss stopped at first, but now its falling out like crazy again. my body is so cold that when i shower for 30 minutes in hot water my skin is still cold. hands are always freezing. im very pale, crave cold water and im pretty sure im hypothyroid and been all my life. why isnt my body temp going up? i go to the toilet more often and i eat more often.
Could be too much liquid and too little solids with salt. A broth with meat, potato and salt and maybe a little chilli can be very warming whereas milk and fruits can have quite a cooling effect.

tara

How many calories?
How much liquid?

OP
P

pro marker

Probably not the root cause of your problem, but I wouldn‘t make blue cheese a staple (even though it‘s delicious) because of the mold.

i love the mold!! it makes my gut feel so good. ive stopped eating the parts without the mold because it upsets my stomach. only eat the moldy parts.

OP
P

pro marker

How many calories?
How much liquid?
dont count calories, estimating around 3000-3500 a day. the less i eat the better i feel though because everything upsets my stomach.
i guess more liqiud than ever before since i never ate any liquids apart from milk. 1 liter of milk, some bone broth here and there. one glass of oj a couple times a week. thats about it. i barely drink a glass of water everyday.

David90

Could be too much liquid and too little solids with salt. A broth with meat, potato and salt and maybe a little chilli can be very warming whereas milk and fruits can have quite a cooling effect.
WORD

I have tried drinking Liquid and After 1-1,5 Litre per Day (Orange Juice and Milk combined) it capped of for me. You have to Experiment with the Amounts. Maybe lessen it....

Otherwise, like @Hans said, eat more solid foods. Has helped me personally. You have to Watch out for the Fiber tho, so that you don‘t get too high. Hold it at 10-20g per Day. 25 Maximum....

somuch4food

dont count calories, estimating around 3000-3500 a day. the less i eat the better i feel though because everything upsets my stomach.
i guess more liqiud than ever before since i never ate any liquids apart from milk. 1 liter of milk, some bone broth here and there. one glass of oj a couple times a week. thats about it. i barely drink a glass of water everyday.

If everything upset your stomach, you've got digestive issues and the blue cheese certainly isn't helping much since it is mold. More liver is not better especially when hypothyroid. Honey isn't exactly a health food. It's a good sweetener, but shouldn't be the main part of your diet.

Fruits can also be badly tolerated. There's the fiber, the ripeness, the organic compounds (oxalic acid, salicylic acid and phenols in general). A good diet balances everything. The balance is difficult to achieve even more so when in an unhealthy state.

I'd look at things to improve and support digestion and liver health.

sebastian_r

stop eating any fruits / fruit juices

lampofred

Sugar and calcium can cool the body but by lowering stress hormones, not by lowering the thyroid. I think the fermented products could be responsible, the lactic acid in those foods wastes blood sugar and consumes more energy than the foods provide. Balance between liquids and salt/solid food intake is also something to look at.

tara

If everything upset your stomach, you've got digestive issues and the blue cheese certainly isn't helping much since it is mold.

I agree that if everything upsets the stomach there are digestive issues.
Do you know that specifically some or all blue cheeses tend to be problematic, or just presuming because they are moldy?
AIUI, healthy balanced gut microbiota include some species of fungi. I wonder if the specific ones in specific cheeses promote dysbiosis? Not because I'm eating them myself - unfortunately. But if they make the OP feel good, couldn't it be that they are helpful?

Might be worth counting once or twice just to confirm your estimates.
If they're more or less accurate, it doesn't look like you are obviously under-eating or over-drinking.

Ableton

for gut issues a temporary protocol of only white rice, coco oil with every meal and in between meals and maybe some steamed veggies helped me. Not ideal if you are already hypo especially , but it fixed my candida. Afterwards I could slowly add peaty foods, and even when I got digestive issues from them, it never got as bad as before again.
Gut issue also result in high serotonin, which makes you feel bad psychologically. Imo fix gut first, then peat and add one food at a time without forcing yourself to eat or drink stuff tho

somuch4food

I agree that if everything upsets the stomach there are digestive issues.
Do you know that specifically some or all blue cheeses tend to be problematic, or just presuming because they are moldy?
AIUI, healthy balanced gut microbiota include some species of fungi. I wonder if the specific ones in specific cheeses promote dysbiosis? Not because I'm eating them myself - unfortunately. But if they make the OP feel good, couldn't it be that they are helpful?

I'm no expert on blue cheese, but it doesn't mean that because he feels good eating it that it doesn't bring more imbalances. Particularly since he mentions only eating the mold. I personally think that any strong flavor is meant to be eaten in moderation.

Ableton

I also had water cravings when I was anemic. Basically same symptoms. Anemia was the main reason for my hypo, tsh has dropped since adding iron.

Im 90% sure you have iron deficiency. Taking iron pills gave relieve in few days. Then I stopped. Will take more if symptoms return

Sefton10

Did you manage to resolve the issue? Interested to hear if @Ableton’s suggestion of iron deficiency was/is a factor?