Colder after thyroid

iLoveSugar

When ones fingers and toes become colder AFTER thyroid, what dose that indicate?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

narouz said:
Sugar, does this happen repeatedly?

It does; I have tried cynoplus, and doses of 1-10 mcg at a time of T3. Nothing warms me up. If anything, my feet and hands seem more cold.

Green

Isn't that what happens when stress hormones are keeping you warm? Lowering them would make you cold. I know Ray Peat has talked about this.

ilovethesea

"I occasionally see that happen [T3 WILL CAUSE LOW TEMP/PULSE]; sometimes people have had their pulse rate decrease 40 or 50 beats per minute. The temperature of your fingers, toes, and nose helps to interpret the balance between stress and thyroid; your fingers should be less cold as your metabolic rate comes up. In extreme hypothyroidism, the hands and feet can be very cold while the oral temperature looks o.k.; then as the metabolic rate increases, the difference between fingers and mouth decreases."

What dose are you on now ILoveSugar?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

ilovethesea said:
"I occasionally see that happen [T3 WILL CAUSE LOW TEMP/PULSE]; sometimes people have had their pulse rate decrease 40 or 50 beats per minute. The temperature of your fingers, toes, and nose helps to interpret the balance between stress and thyroid; your fingers should be less cold as your metabolic rate comes up. In extreme hypothyroidism, the hands and feet can be very cold while the oral temperature looks o.k.; then as the metabolic rate increases, the difference between fingers and mouth decreases."

What dose are you on now ILoveSugar?

I am currently taking about 6.5 - 8 mcg every 3 hours to no effect.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

ilovethesea said:
6.5-8mcg at one time or in divided doses?
Do you take any T4?

At one time; no cynoplus now, I took it for a month and noticed nothing. Ray then suggested Cytomel.