Cold

OP
J

Jing

That's a good point about eating enough. That would affect body temperature. And didn't Peat say low blood sugar can exacerbate allergies too?
Na I'm definitely eating enough need to lower my calories to be honest my gut is getting too big lol

Vileplume

Na I'm definitely eating enough need to lower my calories to be honest my gut is getting too big lol

I can relate to that! But my thinking: the weight gain, especially abdominal fat, is our body’s cry to raise metabolic rate rather than eat fewer calories. Easier said than done though, especially as we head into winter (in the US). What’s your daily diet like?

OP
J

Jing

I can relate to that! But my thinking: the weight gain, especially abdominal fat, is our body’s cry to raise metabolic rate rather than eat fewer calories. Easier said than done though, especially as we head into winter (in the US). What’s your daily diet like?
A few shakes of pea protein , oat powder and banana, beef burgers, orange juice, potatoes, some sweets now and then, coke or Pepsi , cashew nuts. Just sticking to things I seem to digest well.

DMF

I would take red Korean ginseng on days the lake water was uncomfortably cold when swimming. The effects were dramatic in that even though I could feel the cold and the swimming would otherwise be unbearable, I'd get used to it much quicker and wouldn't shiver. "Fire In The Belly" as they say.
However, depending on who you are - metabolism/general health, ginseng sometimes is like a stimulant, so It may up any anxiety levels, or insomnia.
'Course, exercise in the cold may help with sleep.