Cold

Jing

Obviously the weather is getting colder so I'm going to feel Colder but I'm just so freezing all the time how do I increase my body temperature?? Also because it's autumn again I have constant itchy stuffy nose and lots of sneezing every single autumn this happens I don't know how to get rid off it .

Last edited:
OP
J

Jing

Have you tried an anti histamine for the sneezing?
Yh they have never seem to help this , I have had this for years every autumn never been able to find anything that helps.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I always need more thyroid starting in September.

OP
J

Jing

I always need more thyroid starting in September.
How much do you take? Atm I'm taking 37.5mcg T3 I've gone up to 75mcg before can't say I notice anything with not feeling so cold T3 does keep my hands nice and warm though but atm I can't seem to go much higher than this otherwise I get palpitations.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
How much do you take? Atm I'm taking 37.5mcg T3 I've gone up to 75mcg before can't say I notice anything with not feeling so cold T3 does keep my hands nice and warm though but atm I can't seem to go much higher than this otherwise I get palpitations.
Currently 18.75mcg split but I’ve been needing none in the summer for several years. I’m sure everyone’s needs are different. I also use magnesium to help avoid palpitations.

OP
J

Jing

Currently 18.75mcg split but I’ve been needing none in the summer for several years. I’m sure everyone’s needs are different. I also use magnesium to help avoid palpitations.
And this is enough to keep you warm? I take magnesium aswell but it does nothing for palpitations caused by high T3 dose.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And this is enough to keep you warm? I take magnesium aswell but it does nothing for palpitations caused by high T3 dose.
Warmer. I stay warm most of the time now but I’ve been working at it for several years. I hope you get some additional input because what works for one person might not work for another and what helps us as individuals at one point can change over time.

OP
J

Jing

Warmer. I stay warm most of the time now but I’ve been working at it for several years. I hope you get some additional input because what works for one person might not work for another and what helps us as individuals at one point can change over time.
Ok thanks I think my issue isn't anything to do with thyroid.

Vileplume

Even though you said it had nothing to do with thyroid, constant coldness is a primary symptom of poor thyroid function. What’s your body temp throughout the day? What foods raise it the most?

OP
J

Jing

Even though you said it had nothing to do with thyroid, constant coldness is a primary symptom of poor thyroid function. What’s your body temp throughout the day? What foods raise it the most?
I don't know my body temperature and I don't notice anything with foods.

Vileplume

It might be worth it to buy a thermometer and take your temp throughout the day. It gives you concrete data to measure your metabolism—especially as you notice which foods warm you up. As your body temp slowly goes up, you’ll stop feeling as cold.

Vileplume

What size doses do you split the 18.75 into? Also, how critical has T3 been to your healing? I don’t mean to change the subject here but I seem to be at wit’s end, and my temps/HR are dropping. Thinking about using some thyroid.

Summer

If you aren’t undereating, are you getting enough movement throughout the day? My feet are always cold throughout the day as well. My job has me sitting at a desk for about 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. I’m thinking being too sedentary, especially in a sitting position, is no bueno for circulation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What size doses do you split the 18.75 into? Also, how critical has T3 been to your healing? I don’t mean to change the subject here but I seem to be at wit’s end, and my temps/HR are dropping. Thinking about using some thyroid.
I take 1/2 cynomel in the morning and 1/4 with my evening meal. It’s been helpful enough that I’ve continued to use it or some type of thyroid off and on for close to 7 years. It’s not been miraculous but definitely useful.

Summer

That's a good point about eating enough. That would affect body temperature. And didn't Peat say low blood sugar can exacerbate allergies too?

I haven’t heard Ray comment on that but it would certainly connect a few dots for me if that’s the case!

Vileplume

I take 1/2 cynomel in the morning and 1/4 with my evening meal. It’s been helpful enough that I’ve continued to use it or some type of thyroid off and on for close to 7 years. It’s not been miraculous but definitely useful.

Thank you!