Cold sores after taking vitamin E?

theotokos

Hello!

I started on Tocovit and PansTerone yesterday. I've taken both a couple of times already. I'm dosing it as it follows: 10 drops of Tocovit (oral) and 5 drops of PanSterone (topical). I've been feeling great, very (very) warm, energetic, but all of a sudden I noticed a big cold sore on my lips, that appeared with no previous warning.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's the vitamin E because the first time I experimented with it was with Solgar's vitamin E (clearly I know better now...) and I got shingles in the back of my leg, which I never experienced before. I stopped taking it immediately after I noticed, didn't take any antivirals and it got better in a few days. Last year I got a cosmetic with vitamin E as the main active ingredient, suspended in olive oil, and after a two or three days using it I got a cold sore again. I stopped, tried again with same result hoping that wouldn't be it and threw it in the trash.

I do get cold sores when I'm under a lot of stress, and used to get them monthly when I had terrible PMS, which doesn't happen anymore. And honestly it simply wasn't the case none of these times, they were very sudden and bigger than usual.

I've been feeling good the past couple of days: great mood, energy, warm hands and feet (which is not normal for me!). No stress, quite on the contrary!

To give you guys some background, I'm a young female healing her gut and estrogen dominance symptoms. I've gotten a lot better in the past couple of years, I have decent/good body temp (except extremities), no longer PMS, no longer depressed, no longer feeling weak and helpless. I decided to supplement with these two products to help me deal with the symptoms that diet, lifestyle and mindset don't seem to improve, cellulite being one of them.

I wonder what about the vitamin E is triggering this, and if it's a good or a bad thing. Would you guys continue using it? I think I will, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd appreciate any thoughts, ideas or insights.

And @haidut, have you heard of this type of reaction before from any of your clients?

Thanks!!

dabdabdab

low quality vitamin e with loads of PUFA?
or stopping fatty acid oxidation by vitamin e?
other vitamins being depleted due to vitamin e?
I'm just brainstorming some possibilities

Birdie

It's been a long time since your outbreak, so it might be hard to recall, but possibly you were inadvertently getting a high arginine diet. This happens to some people who start to follow Ray Peat and really load up on high arginine foods like liver, orange juice, chocolate. Just a thought. Maybe you already ruled that out...

Dr. B

low quality vitamin e with loads of PUFA?
or stopping fatty acid oxidation by vitamin e?
other vitamins being depleted due to vitamin e?
I'm just brainstorming some possibilities
doesnt vitamin E not stop fatty acid oxidation it just saturates the PUFA so they can safely be burned?
other vitamins being depleted is possible... as well as maybe side effects due to too much vitamine

It's been a long time since your outbreak, so it might be hard to recall, but possibly you were inadvertently getting a high arginine diet. This happens to some people who start to follow Ray Peat and really load up on high arginine foods like liver, orange juice, chocolate. Just a thought. Maybe you already ruled that out...
interesting. how high on arginine are OJ and chocolate? i didnt know theyre considered high arginine...

Birdie

doesnt vitamin E not stop fatty acid oxidation it just saturates the PUFA so they can safely be burned?
other vitamins being depleted is possible... as well as maybe side effects due to too much vitamine

interesting. how high on arginine are OJ and chocolate? i didnt know theyre considered high arginine...
Quite high.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Niacinamide and Metheylene blue are both powerful anti-virals red light been shown to fight Cold sores. I second what others have said high arginine can lead to outbreak of HSV (collagen has a lot of arginine). Anti-histamines like cypro also have an anti-viral effect. Topical Sol-ban might be a good solution.

dabdabdab

Niacinamide and Metheylene blue are both powerful anti-virals red light been shown to fight Cold sores. I second what others have said high arginine can lead to outbreak of HSV (collagen has a lot of arginine). Anti-histamines like cypro also have an anti-viral effect. Topical Sol-ban might be a good solution.
how come antihistamines are anti viral? isn't histamine release part of the immune system mechanism? (though it could be over reactive immune response but still it's anti viral, isn't it?)

Progress888

Hello!

I started on Tocovit and PansTerone yesterday. I've taken both a couple of times already. I'm dosing it as it follows: 10 drops of Tocovit (oral) and 5 drops of PanSterone (topical). I've been feeling great, very (very) warm, energetic, but all of a sudden I noticed a big cold sore on my lips, that appeared with no previous warning.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's the vitamin E because the first time I experimented with it was with Solgar's vitamin E (clearly I know better now...) and I got shingles in the back of my leg, which I never experienced before. I stopped taking it immediately after I noticed, didn't take any antivirals and it got better in a few days. Last year I got a cosmetic with vitamin E as the main active ingredient, suspended in olive oil, and after a two or three days using it I got a cold sore again. I stopped, tried again with same result hoping that wouldn't be it and threw it in the trash.

I do get cold sores when I'm under a lot of stress, and used to get them monthly when I had terrible PMS, which doesn't happen anymore. And honestly it simply wasn't the case none of these times, they were very sudden and bigger than usual.

I've been feeling good the past couple of days: great mood, energy, warm hands and feet (which is not normal for me!). No stress, quite on the contrary!

To give you guys some background, I'm a young female healing her gut and estrogen dominance symptoms. I've gotten a lot better in the past couple of years, I have decent/good body temp (except extremities), no longer PMS, no longer depressed, no longer feeling weak and helpless. I decided to supplement with these two products to help me deal with the symptoms that diet, lifestyle and mindset don't seem to improve, cellulite being one of them.

I wonder what about the vitamin E is triggering this, and if it's a good or a bad thing. Would you guys continue using it? I think I will, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd appreciate any thoughts, ideas or insights.

And @haidut, have you heard of this type of reaction before from any of your clients?

Thanks!!
Happy to come across this post

As I am having the biggest outbreak I’ve had in a long long time

I’m currently on carnivore and usually never even get them when on carnivore.

But I recently added cod liver oil that has vitamin e in it.

Literally broke out within a day or two of using the product but wasn’t even thinking about their being a connection until I just came across your post.

I’ve been drinking extra thinking it’ll help speed the healing but now I think it’s what’s allowed it to get so bad in the first place smh ?‍♂️

Thank you ?

Mine definitely aren’t triggered by high arggarine diet as I actively avoid it to prevent such outbreaks and like I said when I am eating beef salt and drinking water my skin is the best it ever is.

So I really think it’s the vitamin e for whatever reason or maybe the cod liver oil isn’t that great or combination of both

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals