Cold-ish Hands And Feet But Warm Body

Ableton

I think it's like this.
When I was doing IF, cold showers, high starch, I rarely felt cold consciously. If I did, it did not bother me.
You are not going to feel cold unless both your thyroid and adrenals are really messed up. Plenty of hypo people in the world and they don't complain of being cold. That's because the stress hormones "got your back".
Now, what happens with us peating, we are messing with the system. We are lowering our stress hormones too much throught the day. This carries over into the next day when we eat breakfast, we do it again.

I am wondering if we are doing the right approach:
  1. we focus on stress-lowering methods
  2. further down the road, we tackle the thyroid.
What if it's best to do it the other way? Tackle thyroid first, then after months, years, tackle further optimizations.
Maybe if I just jumped on thyroid from the start, and kept doing fasting, not eating OJ, fructose and all stress-lowering foods, I would have felt more energetic.
Can high thyroid and high stress hormones coexist?

thyroid and fasting? That sounds terrible and like a safe way to lose your hair through protein wasting

laleto12

@Ableton Not something I would do now of course, just saying maybe I'd have more energy this way.
Kinobody's hair still looks great after 8 years of IF

and he also eats a very low-calorie diet btw. He averages I believe around 2000 calories a day. In this forum people would suggest to that young- very active male at least 3500 calories. Not sure how he feels though, we only see him when he wants us to see him. His body is goals tbh.

GreekDemiGod

@laleto12 I think some people are much more resilient to stressors. And outside diet, he probably lives a fun, stimulating, non-stressed life. He gets plenty of sunshine too.

GorillaHead

That's generally a sign of high adrenaline and low thyroid function yes. Bone broth, meat with starches, cayenne pepper and salt would quickly increase your temps.
Hans how do you maintain this? My buddy naturally is warm in all his extremities and hes been doing keto for a month.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans how do you maintain this? My buddy naturally is warm in all his extremities and hes been doing keto for a month.
How do I maintain what?
Your buddy will most likely run into issues one time or another. It depends on how much reserves he has before crashing.

GorillaHead

How do I maintain what?
Your buddy will most likely run into issues one time or another. It depends on how much reserves he has before crashing.

you talk about eating starch and cayenne pepper. Okay say these things fix the issue. But how do you maintain the warmth without constantly eating.

Hans

Forum Supporter
you talk about eating starch and cayenne pepper. Okay say these things fix the issue. But how do you maintain the warmth without constantly eating.
Keep blood sugar balanced and avoid low blood sugar. A drop in blood sugar is a sure way of getting cold hands and feet. Some foods tend to cause reactive hypoglycemia for some people so it's best to find food that doesn't cause that. For example, fatty ground beef and honey work great for me and I can go hours without food, but with only skim milk, I have to drink some milk at least every hour. It's about finding what works for you.

Apple

@Ableton Not something I would do now of course, just saying maybe I'd have more energy this way.
Kinobody's hair still looks great after 8 years of IF
His hairline seems too high (frontal bossing)... People immune to hairloss usually have low hairline. It could be even hairtransplant, he is so obsessed with his look...
1683813262293.png

Last edited: