Cold-ish Hands And Feet But Warm Body

julcreutz

Only my hands and feet are cold sometimes, but my whole body (arms, legs, torso etc.) is always warm.
I especially notice this in the mornings, post noon all my body is usually warm when I eat enough.

Is this high adrenaline?

laleto12

same but my hands are warm as well. but my feet are generally colder in the mornings

Hans

Forum Supporter
Only my hands and feet are cold sometimes, but my whole body (arms, legs, torso etc.) is always warm.
I especially notice this in the mornings, post noon all my body is usually warm when I eat enough.

Is this high adrenaline?
That's generally a sign of high adrenaline and low thyroid function yes. Bone broth, meat with starches, cayenne pepper and salt would quickly increase your temps.

HumanLife

Could be under eating. I used to have cold hands and feet on a low calorie diet but they disappeared after a while of not counting calories and just eating more.

M

metabolizm

@laleto12 By thinking, taking notes, reading, reasoning, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ableton

So how come most people have warm hand at night when their temperatures are falling, but cold hand during day/morning when they are raising?
I think it's stress hormones that make them warm, not stress hormones making them cold

I always wake up feeling my warmest, with warm extremities but being the lowest temperature/day.

I think its like that for most of us

Mll777

I have this problem since a couple of years, in the winter months it is even painful.

Compared with my colleagues I am always "hot", and still having cold hands. If I focus on a "flank breathing" they get warm, (I breath very shallow) if I exercise even just a little they get warm. Both things help, but the only last until it stops. It is a complex issue for me to solve.

Hans

Forum Supporter
how to reduce chronic adrenaline? i suspect i have too much of it
What are your other mental symptoms?
Anxiety, fear, addiction, hyperactivity or aggressions, suicidal, violence, hypoactivity?
These symptoms might seem extreme, but there are milder degrees of them.

laleto12

What are your other mental symptoms?
Anxiety, fear, addiction, hyperactivity or aggressions, suicidal, violence, hypoactivity?
These symptoms might seem extreme, but there are milder degrees of them.
im generally happy and a optimistic young male (20) I dont have any mental problems. Only thing that makes me think that I have too much adrenaline My feet get colds easily and my armpit sweats cold when in stressful situations. Maybe while playing video games as well. And I tend to get a very very high heart beat when, Lets say Before and during a Presentation to classmates. And some social situations as well.

Hans

Forum Supporter
im generally happy and a optimistic young male (20) I dont have any mental problems. Only thing that makes me think that I have too much adrenaline My feet get colds easily and my armpit sweats cold when in stressful situations. Maybe while playing video games as well. And I tend to get a very very high heart beat when, Lets say Before and during a Presentation to classmates. And some social situations as well.
I also experienced that as well when I was at that age. Zinc and magnesium would have a very nice calming effect by lowering the neurotransmitters in the brain that stimulate the adrenal glands and increasing GABA. For the zinc I'd eat a lot of red meat, organ meat and oysters and then just supplement a little magnesium. I also just make sure I'm eating enough on a daily basis. I remember that when I also experience those symptoms, I was undereating, especially good quality red meat.

Ableton

So how come most people have warm hand at night when their temperatures are falling, but cold hand during day/morning when they are raising?
I think it's stress hormones that make them warm, not stress hormones making them cold

I always wake up feeling my warmest, with warm extremities but being the lowest temperature/day.

I think its like that for most of us

can any1 elaborate? Is my observation simply false, or my logic?

Cloudhands

I recently realized that eating egg whites without a shitload of carbohydrate gives me a long lasting adrenaline response. Its funny because norepinephrine is the common antidote to combat egg allergies, i wonder if our bodies do that to a smaller degree because of the blood sugar lowering protein in eggs. Idk its probably more complicated than im making it, but yeah, now i only consume the egg yolks, discard the white and mix it with casein protein powder and feel way better

laleto12

I recently realized that eating egg whites without a shitload of carbohydrate gives me a long lasting adrenaline response. Its funny because norepinephrine is the common antidote to combat egg allergies, i wonder if our bodies do that to a smaller degree because of the blood sugar lowering protein in eggs. Idk its probably more complicated than im making it, but yeah, now i only consume the egg yolks, discard the white and mix it with casein protein powder and feel way better

do them make your feet freezing?

GreekDemiGod

I think it's like this.
When I was doing IF, cold showers, high starch, I rarely felt cold consciously. If I did, it did not bother me.
You are not going to feel cold unless both your thyroid and adrenals are really messed up. Plenty of hypo people in the world and they don't complain of being cold. That's because the stress hormones "got your back".
Now, what happens with us peating, we are messing with the system. We are lowering our stress hormones too much throught the day. This carries over into the next day when we eat breakfast, we do it again.

I am wondering if we are doing the right approach:
  1. we focus on stress-lowering methods
  2. further down the road, we tackle the thyroid.
What if it's best to do it the other way? Tackle thyroid first, then after months, years, tackle further optimizations.
Maybe if I just jumped on thyroid from the start, and kept doing fasting, not eating OJ, fructose and all stress-lowering foods, I would have felt more energetic.
Can high thyroid and high stress hormones coexist?