Cold Foods Cause Nausea

Nicholas

Does anyone know why somebody would have an issue eating or drinking *cold* things? (causing nausea which is remedied by drinking something warm)
esophageal? psychological?

Nicholas said:
post 115048
Such_Saturation said:

no, it's actually a serious question. even things like cold fruit, etc....

But how much deeper can this be explained? I could give you the same old serotonin story but it would have relative usefulness, wouldn't it? Warm clothes prevent tummy aches...

Last edited by a moderator:

Makrosky

Nicholas said:
Does anyone know why somebody would have an issue eating or drinking *cold* things? (causing nausea which is remedied by drinking something warm)

I don't have an RP explanation for that but any accupuncturist would tell you right away to stop consuming cold things. Specially in winter. This should be very obvious to everyone but we have lost the intuition for those things. Why should you ingest cold things during winter ? RP has said 70% of the metabolic energy is to maintain body temperature. If you ingest cold things on winter you need to warm them up at expenses of your own energy.

If you insist on not listening to your body advice then some ginger (tea/powder) before the cold food/drink usually helps with that as well (plus it's got antiserotonin properties).

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Such_Saturation said:
post 115050
Nicholas said:
post 115048
Such_Saturation said:

no, it's actually a serious question. even things like cold fruit, etc....

But how much deeper can this be explained? I could give you the same old serotonin story but it would have relative usefulness, wouldn't it? Warm clothes prevent tummy aches...

oh, i was not aware that cold foods induced serotonin response. I've certainly never felt nauseous eating cold foods...

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Makrosky said:
post 115053
Nicholas said:

I don't have an RP explanation for that but any accupuncturist would tell you right away to stop consuming cold things. Specially in winter. This should be very obvious to everyone but we have lost the intuition for those things. Why should you ingest cold things during winter ? RP has said 70% of the metabolic energy is to maintain body temperature. If you ingest cold things on winter you need to warm them up at expenses of your own energy.

If you insist on not listening to your body advice then some ginger (tea/powder) before the cold food/drink would help with that as well (plus it's got antiserotonin properties).

My question is for someone i know....and it's in any season. I was not aware that cold foods required more energy. I know there are plenty of people who eat cold foods in the summer and don't feel nausea.

Makrosky

Nicholas said:
post 115057
Makrosky said:
post 115053
Nicholas said:

If you insist on not listening to your body advice then some ginger (tea/powder) before the cold food/drink would help with that as well (plus it's got antiserotonin properties).

My question is for someone i know....and it's in any season. I was not aware that cold foods required more energy.

Well, it should be simple physics, right ? If you place a 4ºC degrees icecream tub in a water-containing bucket at 37ºC degrees, what happens ? The icecream gets hotter and the water gets colder.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Makrosky said:
post 115058
Nicholas said:
post 115057
Makrosky said:
post 115053
Nicholas said:

My question is for someone i know....and it's in any season. I was not aware that cold foods required more energy.

Well, it should be simple physics, right ? If you place a 4ºC degrees icecream tub in a water-containing bucket at 37ºC degrees, what happens ? The icecream gets hotter and the water gets colder.

no, my intuition does not say it's physics. Do *you* feel like vomiting if you eat cold foods? Is eating cold foods so rare in the world?

When you feel the food freezing the part of your stomach where it sits, is that like a normal feeling for you? :lol:

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

Such_Saturation said:
post 115083 When you feel the food freezing the part of your stomach where it sits, is that like a normal feeling for you? :lol:

freezing? commonly ingested cold foods: orange juice, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, salads, pate, carrot salad. causes nausea in a certain individual. does not cause nausea if warm soup, warm meat, warm greens, warm custard, etc.

Nicholas said:
post 115085
Such_Saturation said:
post 115083 When you feel the food freezing the part of your stomach where it sits, is that like a normal feeling for you? :lol:

freezing? commonly ingested cold foods: orange juice, cottage cheese, yogurt, milk, salads, pate, carrot salad. causes nausea in a certain individual. does not cause nausea if warm soup, warm meat, warm greens, warm custard, etc.

Did they ever have an endoscopy or gastro-duodenitis diagnosis?

tara

Such_Saturation said:
:yeahthat

Makrosky said:
post 115053 If you ingest cold things on winter you need to warm them up at expenses of your own energy.
and that.

I don't usually get nausea, but I seldom feel good for really cold food or drink. I never want ice in drink, and any drink straight out of the fridge is generally improved by adding a little boiling water. (And boiling drinks are improved by cooling.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals