Cold/flu Type Symptoms After Eating Flour, Wheat, Products In High Amount?

Nigluva

I ate a lot of store-baked bread made with fortified white flour over 2 days. It was kind of a self experiment as well as a deluded craving, in the form of 11 kaiser rolls over 48hrs. I started getting unwell about 36hrs in and by the day after finishing them it felt like a cold or flu was coming on. Sore throat, malaise, mild sleep disturbance and weird feelings. Never had celiac antibody test but considering I should get it. I rarely eat this amount of refined flour product but do enjoy some sprouted organic grain bread a couple times a week, which never caused me problems.

Also repeatable if I eat take out pizza, al dente pasta in high amounts, but really well cooked white potatoes and white rice does not give me a problem, in fact I feel pretty decent on those two latter foods. I have gotten similiar feelings from eating non-well cooked legumes, which I think is a response to the excessive fiber content, as gut irritation accompanies it. This thing with the white flour rolls is different because they digested pretty normally, albeit a little constipating, but barely, and I did not but mild gut irritation, although I could tell something uncool was going on down there.

Can iron added to flour cause problems? Is this a typical endotoxin response? I notice I can abolish symptoms nearly totally for an hour or so by doing wim hof breathing.

This is a typical endotoxin response. Probably from excessive fermentation of the starch in your colon.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Nigluva, if you decide to get the antibody test you need to eat the equivalent of 2 slices of wheat bread every single day for two weeks for the test to be accurate.

OP
N

Nigluva

@Nigluva, if you decide to get the antibody test you need to eat the equivalent of 2 slices of wheat bread every single day for two weeks for the test to be accurate.

Thanks for information!

This is a typical endotoxin response. Probably from excessive fermentation of the starch in your colon.

I always had an inkling it was bacterial related and not viral. I know what a viral infection feels like and this is always slightly different. I can also emulate it by drinking alcohol to excess, or abusing my gut in any number of ways.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals