Cold feet when sitting at computer

TheSir

My feet are rarely warm when I'm staring at the computer screen. If I sit on a sofa an read a book, my feet will warm up quite nicely. Likewise, when I go to bed, my feet will warm up soon. Is staring at the screen so innately stressful? Is it so stimulating as to cause stress hormones and/or hyperventilation, which subsequently reduce bloodflow? I don't even play games or partake in other intense activities while at the computer, I mostly just read things on the internet.

Amazoniac

?

You can record yourself on each of these activities, but it's probably not the computer. If using it standing up or squatting differs in effect from your current way of sitting, it can't be the screen.

If this posture..

1610716787561.png

..provides relief, it can be the front of the seat compromising legs circulation or weak back musculature, needing to rest it somewhere because it's not supportive on its own.

Rachel

@TheSir

Some or all of the following may help.

Are you close to a wifi router and/or other wifi sources when you are at the computer? (microwaves)
Go all ethernet(with Cat7).

Is there a large amount of electrical wires, gadgets, etc. around your computer? (electrical and magnetic fields)
Keep the bulk of such things a minimum of 3 feet away from where you regularly sit.

Do you have a red light filter on your computer such as f.lux or IRIS?
If not, add one and use it.

OP
TheSir

TheSir

?

You can record yourself on each of these activities, but it's probably not the computer. If using it standing up or squatting differs in effect from your current way of sitting, it can't be the screen.

If this posture..

..provides relief, it can be the front of the seat compromising legs circulation or weak back musculature, needing to rest it somewhere because it's not supportive on its own.
After experimenting with this, I changed my computer chair to a saddle chair, which did a lot to resolve the issue. I've also resumed my Buteyko practice, which seems to help with keeping the extremities warm.

Amazoniac

After experimenting with this, I changed my computer chair to a saddle chair, which did a lot to resolve the issue. I've also resumed my Buteyko practice, which seems to help with keeping the extremities warm.
Will is ducklings or was is a trade-off?

Now with a lot of people working from home, there's increased exposure to textiles (dust*), cleaning neglect (whether due to lack of habit or appearance pressure), posture is worse (no strangers around), improvised furniture that's not adequate, the air quality is supposed to be superior, but the person may end up working in an area with poor ventilation and with a decomposing bookshelf behind (intellectual background for video conferences), a minimum of physical activity when starting the day is no longer necessary, shorter breaks, insufficient room illumination, and so on. They might contribute to impair respiration and digestion, making the person prone to experience such reactions.

*After a successful contamination of the respiratory tract, masks are put on for culturing purposes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals