Cold feet sitting

Trunks00

Hi,

I always have cold feet when sitting at work. I usually have cold hands and feet and it is so annoying. My mates are not that cold....But I have to move in order to keeping a little warm

Anyone could help me please?

Regards

B

Blaze

anyone has the same problem?...
Cold extremities usually indicate the bodies attempt to conserve heat. Your core temp is preferentially maintained first. Then leftover thermal energy is available to the remaining parts of the body. The extremities are the last to receive that available metabolic energy. If there is a metabolic issue like low metabolism or hypothyroid or commonly a caloric deficit , you can battle with cold hands and feet.
Do you think you are adequately meeting your needs for calories?

OP
T

Trunks00

Cold extremities usually indicate the bodies attempt to conserve heat. Your core temp is preferentially maintained first. Then leftover thermal energy is available to the remaining parts of the body. The extremities are the last to receive that available metabolic energy. If there is a metabolic issue like low metabolism or hypothyroid or commonly a caloric deficit , you can battle with cold hands and feet.
Do you think you are adequately meeting your needs for calories?
I think i do...
Is not an adrenaline issue?
I have high cortisol in my lab test

dukesbobby777

I think moving about and keeping blood moving is an important part of metabolism. Even if you do everything perfectly and have depleted PUFA stores, you aren’t going to feel warm by sitting around for prolonged periods. The temperature of your environment can contribute a lot to this situation as well. So right now I’m sitting in a cold room and my feet are cold. If I stand up and start doing things, they warm up.

I think you have to be more concerned if those cold extremities persist in higher temperature environments (like summer for instance), and/or with extra movement.

B

Blaze

I think i do...
Is not an adrenaline issue?
I have high cortisol in my lab test
Since you mentioned the stress hormones and adrenaline as something you are considering as a potential cause , I would wonder if you are not having stress or anxiety that is not being dealt with.
Also, the suggestion that moving around more and not being sedentary was insightful and might be a simple thing that could help you.

rei

Aside from the obvious culprits like running on stress hormones, fascial tension in the extremeties reduces the circulation naturally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals