Colas Associated With Increased Risk of Kidney Disease

Drinking 2 or more colas per day was associated with increased risk of chronic kidney disease. Results were the same for regular colas and artificially sweetened colas . Noncola carbonated beverages were not associated with chronic kidney disease. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3433753/

treelady

Interesting, Thank you. They seemed to think it could be the phosphoric acid. That would be in line with Ray Peat's dislike of high phosphate intake in relation to calcium. I looked up Mexican coke which I seem to remember Peat liking and it has phosphoric acid too. Could be they changed the recipe or maybe he figures he gets enough calcium.

The only carbonated drink I have is SYFO carbonated water and the only thing in it is carbonated water AND it comes in glass bottles.

OP
S
Ray Peat said the phosphate content is negligible compared to meat, etc.

Henry

Soft drink consumption and urinary stone recurrence: A randomized prevention trial
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 569290074W

The object of this study was to determine if a strong association between soft drink (soda) consumption and recurrence of urinary stone disease, found in an earlier case-control study of adult males, had a causal component. The study sample consisted of 1009 male subjects, who completed an episode of urinary stone disease, who were aged 18–75 at that time, and who reported consuming at least 160 ml per day of soft drinks. Half of the subjects were randomized to refrain from consuming soft drinks, while the remaining subjects served as control. The intervention group had an observed 6.4% advantage in actuarial 3 yr freedom from recurrence (p = 0.023 one-sided) over the control group. One important secondary finding was that for those who reported at the time of the index stone that their most consumed drink was acidified by phosphoric acid but not citric acid, the experimental group had a 15% higher 3 yr recurrence-free rate than the controls, p = 0.002, while for those who reported at the time of the index stone that their most consumed drink was acidified by citric acid with or without phosphoric acid, the experimental group had a similar 3 yr recurrence-free rate to the controls, p = 0.55. This interaction was significant, p = 0.019.

Suikerbuik

Organic acids will be metabolized into carbon dioxide. Phosphoric acid is not an organic acid so is highly acidifying. This stresses the kidneys very much.
Phosphate found in a living systems in different in a sense that it is most often bound to proteins and other metabolites like creatine.

Edit: tiny but huge misspelling(s)

4peatssake

Suikerbuik said:
Edit: tiny but huge misspelling(s)
arrested-development-gob-huge-tiny-mistake-cabin-show-season-3.gif

OP
S
When I replace juice with Coca-Cola I start to get these weird back pains and huge adrenalin dumps. Then I can eat large amounts of salt to make it better which is weird since I don't think juice has that much salt either. Vinegar seems to help as well. Taurine makes it worse.

Matty D

So could it be that when you have the coke with meat it helps to create amore acidic environment in the stomach that will help to digest the protein?

As well the glucose in the cola will add fuel to the stomach cells to do their job?

Just my 2 cents?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals