Cola Is A Good Source Of Potassium?

nograde

RP: "Cola is a good source of potassium, they don't know how to market their product"

Has anyone found a source confirming this? I crave Coke so much more than OJ so I want to be sure that I don't run into a deficiency.

jaguar43

RP: "Cola is a good source of potassium, they don't know how to market their product"

Has anyone found a source confirming this? I crave Coke so much more than OJ so I want to be sure that I don't run into a deficiency.

The book was written in the 70's or 80's i believe. It's possible that it no longer has potassium because of formula and ingredient changes.

But it would be interesting to see if it may have it.

Wilfrid

I have a recent medical book, in french, on nutrition which lists the amount of K in coke and as far as I remember the amount do compare favorably, on equal volume, with the one found in some fruits. I'm not at home right now but as soon as I get home, I will give the reference of the book as well as the amount of K listed by the author.
But it seems that other authors found no K at all.
http://dlx.booksc.org/25000000/libgen.scimag25096000-25096999.zip/browse/10.1016/S0140-6736%2883%2991471-X.pdf
The reference number 2 listed at the bottom of the article is the french book that I was refering to.

Last edited:
OP
N

nograde

I have a recent medical book, in french, on nutrition which lists the amount of K in coke and as far as I remember the amount do compare favorably, on equal volume, with the one found in some fruits. I'm not at home right now but as soon as I get home, I will give the reference of the book as well as the amount of K listed by the author.
But it seems that other authors found no K at all.
http://dlx.booksc.org/25000000/libgen.scimag25096000-25096999.zip/browse/10.1016/S0140-6736%2883%2991471-X.pdf
The reference number 2 listed at the bottom of the article is the french book that I was refering to.

Wow, thank you for providing this research. I wonder about the different findings; water used in the production process as mentioned? I doubt it because I've not heard of (mineral) water containing potassium in amounts similar to fruit. But maybe different analysis methods catching only specific potassium compounds? Very interesting how little we know even about the most profane things in nutrition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals