Coke

mt_dreams

Blue Sky is a great soda company. Organic ingredients, uses cane sugar. They don't have caffeine which I suppose some here wouldn't like but personally I prefer it. And it's pretty cheap, 79 cents a can.

not sure if I'm thinking the same brand as this, but the blue sky available in my area is made with beet sugar which in 90% GMO. So unless they're making a organic variety which I'm not aware of, I'm not sure it's the best option.

Kosher For Passover Coke (KFP Coke) is only available during Passover. Passover happens every Spring for eight days. High Fructose Corn Syrup (made from corn of course) is kosher for most of the year but not during Passover, so the Coca-Cola company makes Coke with real sugar during this time. The KFP Coke comes in a two liter bottle and has a yellow cap with a Hebrew symbol on top. Passover is past for 2016, but you can find KFP Coke next year in grocery stores. And if it is not there, you can ask to manager to order some. I'm sure you can do this in Canada, Europe, and Australia as well.

Yeah this is exactly what I do. my local store orders me a case every month, though I do it with pepsi as I enjoy the taste & smaller cans

M

marikay

not sure if I'm thinking the same brand as this, but the blue sky available in my area is made with beet sugar which in 90% GMO. So unless they're making a organic variety which I'm not aware of, I'm not sure it's the best option.

Yeah this is exactly what I do. my local store orders me a case every month, though I do it with pepsi as I enjoy the taste & smaller cans

A good idea to do it once a month, but the KFP Coke is only available during Passover. Otherwise you have to go with the Mexican Coke (which is expensive) if you are going to go the Coca-Cola with real sugar route. Cheers :)

Jayfish

Interesting! There is an organic variety that uses cane sugar only and a few non organic ones as well but the rest do use some gmo beet sugar.

Edit: just looked at the can and it says GMO Free. So they must have changed the formula.

Last edited:

mt_dreams

Interesting! There is an organic variety that uses cane sugar only and a few non organic ones as well but the rest do use some gmo beet sugar.

Edit: just looked at the can and it says GMO Free. So they must have changed the formula.

If the cans that say made with real sugar, now also say gmo free, then it looks like they changed the sugar source. there's no option for non gmo beet sugar, as the industry has made it hard to source, so I would imagine they've gone to sugar cane for all varieties. if this is the case then these are a nice cheap alternative for anyone looking for carbonated sugar.

M

marikay

If the cans that say made with real sugar, now also say gmo free, then it looks like they changed the sugar source. there's no option for non gmo beet sugar, as the industry has made it hard to source, so I would imagine they've gone to sugar cane for all varieties. if this is the case then these are a nice cheap alternative for anyone looking for carbonated sugar.

Coke in Colorado (where I grew up) used to be made with beet sugar. The last time I saw Coke made with beet sugar was in a deli on Long Island, New York that was selling Coke bottled in Honduras. It was made with beet sugar and was unbelievably delicious. :)

bobbybobbob

HFCS is fine. You are wasting time and money and worry looking for non-HFCS versions of sugar.

M

marikay

HFCS is fine. You are wasting time and money and worry looking for non-HFCS versions of sugar.

Coke with real sugar tastes better. And it's our time and money to waste if we want to. And no one said that HFCS is bad. It's a matter of personal choice. And finally, KFP Coke is that same cost as HFCS Coke.

Sheik

IIRC, didn't Peat basically say that HFCS would be fine except that it's often contaminated with heavy metals? There are certain kinds of pop that consistently make me feel like ***t after drinking them. I suspect it's the HFCS, but it's hard to say.

michael94

The problem with HFCS isn't the high fructose part it's the source and various contaminants so yes sheik you are correct. In fact a lot of the arguing over macronutrients tends to come down to avoiding pathogen/chemical/heavy metal contaminants. Grain products and oats tend to have a lot of that crap and along with most commercial sodas.

So your body craves carbohydrates for stress/immune function but instead it gets trojan horsed!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
IIRC, didn't Peat basically say that HFCS would be fine except that it's often contaminated with heavy metals?
Yes, he said they were doing a study on it and saw how high the metals were so they stopped the study before they finished it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals