Coke Float?

Lynne

Hi, this is my first post in this forum :)
I'm wondering if sugar coke/cola with icecream (aka coke float/spider) is an ok combination and if anyone here has it? I used to love it as a child but have been off sugar and dairy until recently so it's been a while. Note that I'm trrying to gain weight after long-term malabsorption issues so I don't have fattening concerns.
I'm presuming an OJ float would be ok based on the thread about orange sherbet...

tankasnowgod

Yep, it's delicious! If you have good quality ice cream, it's great.

You have at least been eating dairy and sugar again for a little bit, yes?

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Yep, it's delicious! If you have good quality ice cream, it's great.

You have at least been eating dairy and sugar again for a little bit, yes?

Great :)
Yeah, I introduced dairy very slowly, starting with organic butter and working up to milk via cream, etc. I'm now mostly having local raw goat milk and some local A2 guernsey with sugar and a pinch of salt. I seem to be ok with A1 products, including icecream, but like the taste of the goat and guernsey better for milk. I tried some regular pasteurised & homogenised milk in a hot chocolate at an event and got a tonsilolith several hours later, after not having had one for a long time. (I suspect homogenised milk enables more lipid-rafting of LPS and that tonsils filter out gram negative bacteria in the form of tonsiloliths.)
It's pretty hard to buy good icecream in Australia. HD is usually over USD$8/pint and there's no other brands where I live without gums, etc. Also, I was told recently in correspondence with General Mills that vanilla HD had just been discontinued in Australia, so the limited stores that still have it are on their last few tubs :( It's pretty easy to make but time-consuming/labour-intensive without an icecream machine and, since I tend to eat the whole bactch the same day (can't help it, lol), I prefer to buy it.
Australian Coke is made with cane sugar, but it also has a caramel colouring that used to give me diarrhea so I'm too scared to try it yet but luckily we have a natural cola here calles Karma Cola which is a good substitute :/

M

marikay

Coke float (with Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream) is one of the best parts of the Peat diet. Delicious. And if you put a little salt in the glass it’s even better.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Coke float (with Haagen Daz vanilla ice cream) is one of the best parts of the Peat diet. Delicious. And if you put a little salt in the glass it’s even better.

I'm on it, thanks marikay. It's amazing what a pinch of salt can do to anything sweet :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals