Coincidence Or Global Shift In Nutrition

Runenight201

What do you guys think? Here’s a photo of a much younger messi, with what appears to be a much more androgenic build, vs a more aged messi, who seems to look a little more frail. Natural aging or a change in diet? In the grand scheme of things, early 30s isn’t really that old... Professional teams are going to be critically scrupulous with their nutrition programs, and one has to wonder whether their nutritional protocols have changed with the various mainstream theories floating around at the time.

In comparing his playing styles from back then to now, he use to be much more aggressive and energetic than he is currently. His energy used to be unreal, and every time he got the ball he was electrifying. The same can be said of the younger Ronaldo. It seems that these professional footballers burn out by the late 20s, which isn’t surprising given the never ending, consistently intense demands of the sport.

Attachments

• 5FB4C837-33AE-4A71-95CF-900CCECAF626.jpeg
    5FB4C837-33AE-4A71-95CF-900CCECAF626.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 183

Kartoffel

What do you guys think? Here’s a photo of a much younger messi, with what appears to be a much more androgenic build, vs a more aged messi, who seems to look a little more frail. Natural aging or a change in diet? In the grand scheme of things, early 30s isn’t really that old... Professional teams are going to be critically scrupulous with their nutrition programs, and one has to wonder whether their nutritional protocols have changed with the various mainstream theories floating around at the time.

In comparing his playing styles from back then to now, he use to be much more aggressive and energetic than he is currently. His energy used to be unreal, and every time he got the ball he was electrifying. The same can be said of the younger Ronaldo. It seems that these professional footballers burn out by the late 20s, which isn’t surprising given the never ending, consistently intense demands of the sport.

Messi just ate whatever he wanted until recently, emphasizing soft drinks and pizza. Then a nutritional expert came along and told him told him to eat a more "professional" diet.

https://www.givemesport.com/1512463...anged-his-diet-in-order-to-prolong-his-career

Gone Peating

A lot of NBA players have shifted to diets that eliminate any sugar consumption.

Dwight Howard, back when he was superman, used to consume the equivalent of 20 candy bars a day. And he would never get injured.

As soon as he changed his diet to be more “healthy”, replacing the candy consumption with a ton of pb&j sandwiches (gross amount of PUFA) he’s out every year with terrible season ending injuries.

I’ve noticed injuries have shot up a ridiculous amount in the NBA over the past 10 years or so, which is funny bc everyone always raves about “sports science/medicine” and how revolutionary it is for a player’s health.

From Kartoffel's link (Lionel Messi's drastic diet change shows what it takes to be the world’s best player):
"Instead, fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds and salads seasoned just with olive oil are pivotal to Messi’s eating regime.

Whole grain rice or pasta are also staples of his diet and he’s also cut down drastically on his consumption of meat.

The body has to work hard to digest a diet rich in meat and so, despite a highly-carnivorous diet being common with Argentinians, Messi decided to reduce his intake."

Aside from the fresh and dried fruits, it seems like a terrible diet change.

Nuts, seeds and salad? For an athlete, who burns lots of calories? Sounds like a recipe for bloating and inflammation, due to the hard fiber and the PUFAs in the nuts and seeds. Dense sources of carbs would provide many benefits if they replaced these foods.

Also, saying that the body has to work hard to digest meat while implying that nuts and seeds are a healthy addition as well as easier to digest than meat is really nonsensical. If the thyroid function is good, meat is very well- digested, but nuts and seeds have anti- nutrients that won't allow their minerals and protein to be obtained, unless you thoroughly subject them to processes such as soaking and sprouting.

Endurance athletes who are very dedicated see a decline in health over the years, due to the physiologic adaptations that this type of exercise causes for the body's tissues, so I think that played a role too. Peat has talked about how the heart of weight lifters are healthier than the heart of endurance athletes.

Mhtro

He did have cosmetic surgery so that might be a big part (if I remember correctly). The stress and change in nutrition ( I am guessing he now it's "healthier" and organic "healthier" foods).
Lots of stuff could've contributed to his change

Wen

Yes definitely ageing, you'll never have the incredible speed you would in your early twenties but you can make up for it with experience and ability at a more advanced age.

reality

He’s gained weight and grown a beard, both will hide his facial features

Perry Staltic

What do you guys think? Here’s a photo of a much younger messi, with what appears to be a much more androgenic build, vs a more aged messi, who seems to look a little more frail

I think the more androgenic look is due to photo angles and scaling that makes his neck look thicker and more muscular in the first one, and different head and facial hair. The build looks about the same.

Gustav3Y

I think the more androgenic look is due to photo angles and scaling that makes his neck look thicker and more muscular in the first one, and different head and facial hair. The build looks about the same.
Absolutely, it looks clearly like wrong aspect ratio, which is one of the most common things online, wrong aspect rations due to wrong imports or deliberately altered to fit a frame better (unless someone had to edit quickly might not understand at all)
Secondly I would not really take images too seriously, especially long tele images will flatten and widen a face, especially anyone who has used various lenses will know this immediately and their serious impact.

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

Actually not only focal length can alter very much the face in images but also how close you are can also add on top of that.
It is quite pointless to get over excited about videos or photos now the difference between them because repent literally a distorted reality.

Same person, different lens, different distance to the camera and different facial expression.

Face.png

Perry Staltic

Actually not only focal length can alter very much the face in images but also how close you are can also add on top of that.
It is quite pointless to get over excited about videos or photos now the difference between them because repent literally a distorted reality.

Same person, different lens, different distance to the camera and different facial expression.

Face.png

The examples you're showing are just amazing. I knew there could be differences, but not that much of one; especially this guy.

-Luke-

A lot of NBA players have shifted to diets that eliminate any sugar consumption.

Dwight Howard, back when he was superman, used to consume the equivalent of 20 candy bars a day. And he would never get injured.

As soon as he changed his diet to be more “healthy”, replacing the candy consumption with a ton of pb&j sandwiches (gross amount of PUFA) he’s out every year with terrible season ending injuries.

I’ve noticed injuries have shot up a ridiculous amount in the NBA over the past 10 years or so, which is funny bc everyone always raves about “sports science/medicine” and how revolutionary it is for a player’s health.
I recently remembered this thead when I read the book "Life on the run" by Bill Bradley, who played für the Knicks in the 60s and 70s. Here's what he ate after a game:
It is 1:15 in the morning. I eat Macadamia nuts, shrimp cocktail, salad, steak, baked potato, five pats of butter, brussel sprouts, and cherry pie. I drink a beer, three Seven-Ups, three Cokes, and milk.
Now, that's a post game snack.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals