Coffee

Aymen

I might give it a try, but isn't the caffeine in coffee apart of some of the good benefits?
yes but even decaf coffee is a rich source of magnesium, niacin and antioxidant.
do you have problems with sleep when you drink it in the morning?

OP
J

Jing

yes but even decaf coffee is a rich source of magnesium, niacin and antioxidant.
do you have problems with sleep when you drink it in the morning?
No not noticed difference to sleep.

tara

I might give it a try, but isn't the caffeine in coffee apart of some of the good benefits?
There are other substances in coffee as well as caffeine. Some of them can have effects too. I notice effects from 'decaf'.

I'm not sure that it's beneficial to get your heart pounding with caffeine.

I'd suggest either switching to decaf, or drinking much less of it (eg spread one cup of coffee or less across the day), while you see if you accustom and get benefit.

OP
J

Jing

There are other substances in coffee as well as caffeine. Some of them can have effects too. I notice effects from 'decaf'.

I'm not sure that it's beneficial to get your heart pounding with caffeine.

I'd suggest either switching to decaf, or drinking much less of it (eg spread one cup of coffee or less across the day), while you see if you accustom and get benefit.
Where did I say my heart pounds?

tara

Where did I say my heart pounds?
Sorry, my mistake.
My urine is always clear, I don't think it's a stress reaction as I have played around with it, I use enough sugar and have had enough food in me, when I get a stress reaction from coffee I always start to feel shakey and get abit of anxiety.
Feeling shaky, stressed, anxious seems to me like a good reason to reduce coffee and/or caffeine.

_lppaiva

how much water are you drinking. you shouldn’t be drinking at all if your urinating too much. like none. all liquids should be juice milk or coconut water

As a personal experience, I never drank much water and had frequent urination anyway. I am not sure what aspect of the peat diet helped, as I consume a lot of water from fruit anyway, but Peating definitely helped. I think Salt + lower stress overall is the answer. There is a positive association for me with body temperature and urination. Higher blood temperature result in less frequent urination. (From hour to hour to every 3-4)

Kingpinguin

For those who say coffee is diuretic and causes dehydestion etc that is a myth and has been proven untrue. Coffee is even hydrating. Sure coffee since it boosta metabolism can help boost excretion of salts just like exercise would. But it does not affect hydration and even been proven to help dehydration. Fyi :)

boris

Yeah coffee is equally as hydrating as water and beer. Milk is more hydrating than both ;).

_lppaiva

I have the same frequent urination issues, but mine were just after I reintroduced complex carbs and started going longer without eating. It is definitely a stress response, specially if your urine is clear.

It might not be as intense, perhaps, so you feel it more as anxiety if you take coffee alone, like you said.

I'd say the problem isn't the coffee. You're body just can't handle it yet. You are too stressed out as is and coffee will only increase that. In the context a pro metabolic diet, it will increase Metabolism, due to proper nourishment, if not, it will increase stress response to generate the energy it requires (sugar). Releases cortisol, breaks down muscle, liberates water, urine.