Coffee

x-ray peat

No, my mistake.

I read, "my gluten free toast and preserves gives enough sugar" as "my gluten free roast preserved gives enough sugar," implying that coffee roast gives enough sugar.
ha ha, no worries. That super sized troll face did spook me though.

yerrag

Sometimes I feel fine , but other times I feel a little shaky
Shaky isn't good. I used to get that feeling. I think it has to do with the sugar. If taking sugar causes your blood sugar to go high, and to elicit an insulin response, pretty soon you will have a sugar low. And then you will feel shaky. Do you have blood sugar problems?

OP
Centsmom

Centsmom

Shaky isn't good. I used to get that feeling. I think it has to do with the sugar. If taking sugar causes your blood sugar to go high, and to elicit an insulin response, pretty soon you will have a sugar low. And then you will feel shaky. Do you have blood sugar problems?

yerrag

Not usually
I would take that to mean yes, you do have blood sugar problems. But not the worst kind, but still enough that you would shake.

Do a test. Drink the coffee without sugar, without a meal before or after. Do you still feel shaky?

sladerunner69

I drink my coffee with two tablespoons of gelatin, a teaspoon of coconut oil, a small slab of organic grass-fed butter, and a sweetener of choice, usually luo han, stevia, xylitol, or raw honey. I think some people call this bullet proof coffee, but I was doing it long before they came up with that name. Of course, I love coffee, I used to be a semi-pro coffee roaster, so I love coffee all different ways, black, espresso, etc.

Honesr question: why are you on ray peat forum if you use stevia? Estrogenic and now sugar

johnsmith

What are the benefits/differences between,
cold press coffee
hot press coffee
instant coffee
expresso
caffeine pills
and any others...

_noozie

Back in my IF days I used to survive on black coffee for most of the day. Now that I've ditched IF and the associated bad habit of running on adrenaline, I usually need a small amount of fat and carb in (milk/cream/sugar) or alongside (some snack like fruit/cheese) my coffee otherwise pure black would give me low blood sugar and some jitters. So these days I don't drink black even if I wanted to (note: I do actually enjoy black coffee if the beans are good).

Honesr question: why are you on ray peat forum if you use stevia? Estrogenic and now sugar
Excuse my ignorance but what's wrong with stevia? I eat plenty of sugar but I rather consume my sugar elsewhere (not in coffee). Stevia is especially helpful when you're still trying to control calories to some extent.

tara

AFAIK, this forum is not intended only for people who are completely committed to following all of Peat's advice, and especially not only for people committed to following some particular interpretations of Peat's advice to extremes.

sladerunner69

AFAIK, this forum is not intended only for people who are completely committed to following all of Peat's advice, and especially not only for people committed to following some particular interpretations of Peat's advice to extremes.

Fair enough. I was overly aggresive there. Though having sugar with your coffee is not what I would consider an extreme interpretation of Peat, but really a fundamental one.

omnivoracious

Does everyone here always drink their coffee( w/ milk and sugar ) with food ?
No. I drink my coffee black with 3 tablespoons of collagen hydrolysate. I also drink about 16oz of 2% or skim milk and about 8oz of orange juice. I will sometimes eat melon in place of the OJ for the fiber. Most important thing is to test until you find something that works for you. Also be sure to get your blood panels done fairly regularly so you can tie in your actions to how your body truly reacts.

sladerunner69

Back in my IF days I used to survive on black coffee for most of the day. Now that I've ditched IF and the associated bad habit of running on adrenaline, I usually need a small amount of fat and carb in (milk/cream/sugar) or alongside (some snack like fruit/cheese) my coffee otherwise pure black would give me low blood sugar and some jitters. So these days I don't drink black even if I wanted to (note: I do actually enjoy black coffee if the beans are good).

Excuse my ignorance but what's wrong with stevia? I eat plenty of sugar but I rather consume my sugar elsewhere (not in coffee). Stevia is especially helpful when you're still trying to control calories to some extent.

Huh, that's makes sense I suppose. I was under the impression that you were avoiding ALL sugar so please forgive my aggressive assumption. Occasionally I will read something on this forum and think "This person doesn't know the first thing about peating, maybe him/her should read a thread or two before they start postin" But clearly I was wrong in your case