Coffee Without Glycine Allergy

hierundjetzt

Hi!

I have a very specific problem and I hope to gain some insight here.

I have been trying to follow the Peat diet which, of course, also includes consuming coffee. Before this I was only an occasional coffee drinker. It is only now, after trial and error, I realize that if I drink the coffee with only sugar, my nose gets almost immediately completely stuffed (with clear and yellow mucus that lasts for some days). Only by chance have I observed that if I drink the coffee (I drink it quite strong) with sugar and half a teaspoon of glycine powder, I have no symptoms.

Would anybody know if this is an indication that my thyroid is out of whack? Or perhaps my adrenals? Any other probable explanation? Obviously this is not normal and I would like to fix it, but I don't know where to start...

Thanks!

Mossy

Hello, I could guess that the glycine is helping to alleviate any congestion and mucus, in the same manner that it helps to reduce biofilm. Maybe mucus and biofilm are the same thing, I do not know.

I’ve just started using glycine again myself, for general health, anti-inflamation, and sleep. I do also put it in my coffee and feel it helps to counter any negative effects. I feel the only draw back would be water retention, evident in my face.

If you search these forums for glycine, you’ll find lots of good information on it. Much better than I could provide. It seems to be the only isolated amino acid that Ray speaks well of:

“I don’t think it’s very safe to use individual amino acids, glycine is the only one I know of that is safe by itself because it can be used as energy”
- RP

OP
H

hierundjetzt

Thanks for your thoughts on this! I can really say that glycine has a positive impact in my case. No wonder Ray Peat is positive about its supplementation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals