Coffee To Sterilize The Gut

Constatine

https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085(19)38364-7/abstract_56586120?mobileUi=0

"Background and Aim: Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Consumption
of coffee is inversely associated with the risk of constipation (Murakami et al, 2006). We
hypothesized that the benefit may be related to the effects of coffee on gut microbiota and
smooth muscle contractility, two key contributors to normal motility. The present study
investigated the in vitro and in vivo effects of coffee on gut microbiota and smooth muscle
contractility of the small intestine and colon in rats. Methods: Coffee solution was prepared
by dissolving 100% Arabica coffee powder in hot water with further centrifugation and
filtration. In the bacterial growth inhibition assay, serial dilutions of intraluminal fecal
contents isolated from naïve rats were plated on regular LB agar and LB agar containing
1.5% or 3.0% coffee. Bacterial colonies were counted 24 h later. In the in vivo studies,
coffee solution (250 mg in 2 mL water) was administered by gavage daily for 3 days.
Microbiota abundance and composition were measured by culture and real-time qPCR. The
in vivo and in vitro effects of coffee on ileal and colon longitudinal muscle contractility
were determined in muscle bath. Results: Compared to regular LB agar (9.65 x 109 CFU/
gram), the growth of microbiomes of the intraluminal colon contents was significantly (p=
0.009) suppressed in LB agar with 1.5% coffee (9.31 x 109 CFU/gram). With 3% coffee,
the growth of microbiome was further suppressed to 5.02 x 105 CFU/gram, p = 0.000).
Interestingly, 3% decaffeinated coffee had similar inhibitory effect on gut microbiota (5.04
x 105 CFU/gram, p=0.000). Coffee treatment in vivo also significantly suppressed gut
microbiome. After 3-day treatment with coffee, the viable bacteria (counted in anaerobic
and aerobic culture conditions separately) were decreased from 1.50 x 1010 to 9.16 x 109
(CFU/gram of contents, p = 0.03) in the colon, and from 6.21 x 109 to 3.47 x 109 (CFU/
gram of contents, p = 0.01) in the ileum. The qPCR data found that coffee treatment had
a trend to decrease the relative abundance of enterobacteria and increase firmicutes in the
gut (p > 0.05). Coffee treatment in vitro demonstrated a stimulating effect in a dose-
dependent manner (0.1 to 5 mg/mL) on both rhythmic physic contractions and tonic
contractions in the ileal and colonic smooth muscle. Coffee at 1 mg/mL significantly increased
the integral contractions of ileal and colon smooth muscle by 243(±26) % and 478(±45)
% (p < 0.01 vs. control), respectively. Decaffeinated coffee increased smooth muscle contrac-
tility to the similar extent as regular coffee. Coffee treatment in vivo also increased intestinal
smooth muscle contractility. Conclusions: Our in vitro and in vivo studies show that coffee
stimulates intestinal smooth muscle contractility and inhibits gut microbiota in a caffeine-
independent manner."

tara

More evidence that caffeine is not the whole point of coffee, and decaf can have its uses.

InChristAlone

A good reason why people react so badly to the isolated drug- caffeine in energy drinks and not to coffee. Coffee actually has some benefits.

Vinny

https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085(19)38364-7/abstract_56586120?mobileUi=0

"Background and Aim: Coffee is one of the most popular beverages in the world. Consumption
of coffee is inversely associated with the risk of constipation (Murakami et al, 2006). We
hypothesized that the benefit may be related to the effects of coffee on gut microbiota and
smooth muscle contractility, two key contributors to normal motility. The present study
investigated the in vitro and in vivo effects of coffee on gut microbiota and smooth muscle
contractility of the small intestine and colon in rats. Methods: Coffee solution was prepared
by dissolving 100% Arabica coffee powder in hot water with further centrifugation and
filtration. In the bacterial growth inhibition assay, serial dilutions of intraluminal fecal
contents isolated from naïve rats were plated on regular LB agar and LB agar containing
1.5% or 3.0% coffee. Bacterial colonies were counted 24 h later. In the in vivo studies,
coffee solution (250 mg in 2 mL water) was administered by gavage daily for 3 days.
Microbiota abundance and composition were measured by culture and real-time qPCR. The
in vivo and in vitro effects of coffee on ileal and colon longitudinal muscle contractility
were determined in muscle bath. Results: Compared to regular LB agar (9.65 x 109 CFU/
gram), the growth of microbiomes of the intraluminal colon contents was significantly (p=
0.009) suppressed in LB agar with 1.5% coffee (9.31 x 109 CFU/gram). With 3% coffee,
the growth of microbiome was further suppressed to 5.02 x 105 CFU/gram, p = 0.000).
Interestingly, 3% decaffeinated coffee had similar inhibitory effect on gut microbiota (5.04
x 105 CFU/gram, p=0.000). Coffee treatment in vivo also significantly suppressed gut
microbiome. After 3-day treatment with coffee, the viable bacteria (counted in anaerobic
and aerobic culture conditions separately) were decreased from 1.50 x 1010 to 9.16 x 109
(CFU/gram of contents, p = 0.03) in the colon, and from 6.21 x 109 to 3.47 x 109 (CFU/
gram of contents, p = 0.01) in the ileum. The qPCR data found that coffee treatment had
a trend to decrease the relative abundance of enterobacteria and increase firmicutes in the
gut (p > 0.05). Coffee treatment in vitro demonstrated a stimulating effect in a dose-
dependent manner (0.1 to 5 mg/mL) on both rhythmic physic contractions and tonic
contractions in the ileal and colonic smooth muscle. Coffee at 1 mg/mL significantly increased
the integral contractions of ileal and colon smooth muscle by 243(±26) % and 478(±45)
% (p < 0.01 vs. control), respectively. Decaffeinated coffee increased smooth muscle contrac-
tility to the similar extent as regular coffee. Coffee treatment in vivo also increased intestinal
smooth muscle contractility. Conclusions: Our in vitro and in vivo studies show that coffee
stimulates intestinal smooth muscle contractility and inhibits gut microbiota in a caffeine-
independent manner."
Nice find

Korven

Thanks for sharing this study. I've found that having lots of strong coffee has similar properties to the carrot salad when it comes to gut motility and cleaning up the GI tract.

Coffee enema anyone? Looks like it's not that crazy as it sounds.

Vinny

Broken man

A good reason why people react so badly to the isolated drug- caffeine in energy drinks and not to coffee. Coffee actually has some benefits.
But Its the opposite, more people have problem with coffee si they switch to caffeine.

But Its the opposite, more people have problem with coffee si they switch to caffeine.

I agree. Pure caffeine is less problematic.

If coffee sterilize the gut bad reaction for coffee could be an endotoxin release reaction.

InChristAlone

Heart Arhythmias have been attributed to energy drinks. Outside of the Peat world I am talking about.

Bluemachine

I agree. Pure caffeine is less problematic.

If coffee sterilize the gut bad reaction for coffee could be an endotoxin release reaction.
does anyone have any recomendations for protecting against bacterial die off/endotoxin release? while it's unpleasant, the sterilizing action is probably worth it in the long run for most people, i'd assume. i drank some coffee the other day for the first time in years and felt on top of the world for a coule of hours, followed by a gradual decline into 2 days of misery. i still however am noticing a slight decrease in my compulsions and phobias' (i have OCD). for this alone, it might be worth enduring some more days of whatever i was experiencing post coffee drinking.

theLaw

does anyone have any recomendations for protecting against bacterial die off/endotoxin release? while it's unpleasant, the sterilizing action is probably worth it in the long run for most people, i'd assume. i drank some coffee the other day for the first time in years and felt on top of the world for a coule of hours, followed by a gradual decline into 2 days of misery. i still however am noticing a slight decrease in my compulsions and phobias' (i have OCD). for this alone, it might be worth enduring some more days of whatever i was experiencing post coffee drinking.

One possibility is to break up the cycle of endotoxin creation with some antibiotic/antimicrobial throughout the day. Once per day would not be enough.

For instance, this recipe from @sladerunner69 :

It is made with an oysterizer blender, lesser brands will not work so do not attempt.

The ignredients:
2 cup shredded carrot
1 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp refined coconut oil
500mg dissolved aspirin
1 gram niacinimide powder
2 egg yokes
1 fld oz potato vodka or spiced rum
vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, light to taste

add cream to desired consistency
Tastes like carrot cake, works like a charm

Amazoniac

Constatine constatining as usual, great find.

The inhibitory effects was observed leaving this toxin on a static plate with added crap for hours. When they tested on animals, it lead to a marked drop in bacteria, wowever part of the compounds are absorbed before they have the chance to reach the lower intestines, it must be from making the bowels move.
"Decaffeinated coffee increased smooth muscle contractility to the similar extent as regular coffee."

Will and Max were against coffee consumption, Will explicitated that it was because it fed bad bacteria. I believe that ingesting coffee is one of the worst things that you can do in life, only after jumping in front of a train or eating orange foods. If it doesn't move the intestines as expected, it's over.

tara

does anyone have any recomendations for protecting against bacterial die off/endotoxin release?
Regular raw carrot salad or other tactics for sweeping the gut. Maybe short-term a little aged cascara sagrada or other methods to improve transit speed.

Bluemachine

Constatine constatining as usual, great find.

The inhibitory effects was observed leaving this toxin on a static plate with added crap for hours. When they tested on animals, it lead to a marked drop in bacteria, wowever part of the compounds are absorbed before they have the chance to reach the lower intestines, it must be from making the bowels move.
"Decaffeinated coffee increased smooth muscle contractility to the similar extent as regular coffee."

Will and Max were against coffee consumption, Will explicitated that it was because it fed bad bacteria. I believe that ingesting coffee is one of the worst things that you can do in life, only after jumping in front of a train or eating orange foods. If it doesn't move the intestines as expected, it's over.
why do you believe coffee and orange foods to be so toxic?

OP
Constatine

Constatine

Here is another study showing coffee works as an antibiotic: Influence of coffee (Coffea arabica) and galacto-oligosaccharide consumption on intestinal microbiota and the host responses
m_fml12142-fig-0001-m.jpeg