Coffee Reverses Liver Disease

Makrosky

Then why does coffee, in large amoutns consumed throughout the day, make me feel so anxious, tired and lsitless towards the end of the day? Regardless of what everyone says here, I cant drink coffee without the crash.
Probably because of the caffeine. There's a thread in which haidut discusses possible explanations and hints to overcome it. Can't remember the name of it, sorry.

Nighteyes

I would say increase fuel intake.. On days where I drink a lot of coffee I often eat up to a pound of very Well cooked creamed spinach. Provides a decent amount of magnesium.

OP
L

lollipop

Then why does coffee, in large amoutns consumed throughout the day, make me feel so anxious, tired and lsitless towards the end of the day? Regardless of what everyone says here, I cant drink coffee without the crash.
It used to do this for me as well until I added it with a meal, heavy cream and honey. Also I have been working on my liver with niacinimide, B-6, and K-2, plus my body is not as hypo as before. When hypo it really wigs me out...

M

marikay

low blood sugar?

Lejeboca

This is an interesting recent sequel study to the previous posted in this thread. In fact, it references some of them. It's interest in encompassing global population and showing that coffee is beneficial across races and continents. Note that this is a modeling study. As far as I can judge, however, it models everything (using Excel ;)) carefully---unlike the Imperial Convid---and its assumptions are valid. The paper assumes for modeling that those parts of the world, such as Europe, where the average coffee consumption is already determined as 4 or more cups do not benefit any further. It basically predicts the deaths from less than 2 cups to more than 4 cups. But still interesting on the global scope.

Paul Gow et al. Estimates of the global reduction in liver disease-related mortality with increased coffee consumption: an analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Dataset, Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics (2020).

Summary
Background: Epidemiological data suggest that coffee has a dose-dependent protective effect on liver-related mortality.
Aim: To estimate the potential impact of increased per capita coffee consumption on global liver-related mortality.
Methods: Using the Global Burden of Disease 2016 dataset (adults > 15 years), we modelled the impact of increased per capita coffee consumption on liver-related mortality in 2016 for 194 countries using published risk ratios for >2 cups coffee/ day
(RR 0.54, 95% CI 0.42-0.69) and ≥4 cups/ day (RR 0.29, 95% CI 0.17-0.50), adjusted for confounders and tested model assumptions using sensitivity analyses.
Results: Worldwide, there were an estimated 1,240,201 (95% CI 118 4300-1 354 410) adult liver-related deaths in 2016. Median global liver mortality rate in 2016 was 15 deaths/ 100 000 population/ year (all ages, both genders; IQR 11-21 deaths per 100 000). If all countries with per capita coffee intake ≤2 cups/ day increased to >2 cups/ day, the predicted total number of liver-related deaths would have been 630 947 in 2016 (95% CI 629 693-631 861) with 452 861 (95% CI 451 948-454 116)
deaths averted (PPR 7.8 liver-related deaths/ 100 000/ year). If per capita consumptions was ≥ 4 cups/ day, the predicted number of liver-related deaths in 2016 would have been 360 523 (95% CI 359 825-361 992) with 723 287 (95% CI 721 817-723 984) deaths averted (PPR 12.1 liver-related deaths/100 000/year).
Conclusion: Increasing per capita coffee consumption to > 2 cups per day on a population level has the potential to avert hundreds of thousands of liver-related deaths annually if the impact of coffee on liver-related mortality is confirmed in clinical trials.

Lollipop2

This is an interesting recent sequel study to the previous posted in this thread. In fact, it references some of them. It's interest in encompassing global population and showing that coffee is beneficial across races and continents. Note that this is a modeling study. As far as I can judge, however, it models everything (using Excel ;)) carefully---unlike the Imperial Convid---and its assumptions are valid. The paper assumes for modeling that those parts of the world, such as Europe, where the average coffee consumption is already determined as 4 or more cups do not benefit any further. It basically predicts the deaths from less than 2 cups to more than 4 cups. But still interesting on the global scope.

Paul Gow et al. Estimates of the global reduction in liver disease-related mortality with increased coffee consumption: an analysis of the Global Burden of Disease Dataset, Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics (2020).

Summary
Background: Epidemiological data suggest that coffee has a dose-dependent protective effect on liver-related mortality.
Aim: To estimate the potential impact of increased per capita coffee consumption on global liver-related mortality.
Methods: Using the Global Burden of Disease 2016 dataset (adults > 15 years), we modelled the impact of increased per capita coffee consumption on liver-related mortality in 2016 for 194 countries using published risk ratios for >2 cups coffee/ day
(RR 0.54, 95% CI 0.42-0.69) and ≥4 cups/ day (RR 0.29, 95% CI 0.17-0.50), adjusted for confounders and tested model assumptions using sensitivity analyses.
Results: Worldwide, there were an estimated 1,240,201 (95% CI 118 4300-1 354 410) adult liver-related deaths in 2016. Median global liver mortality rate in 2016 was 15 deaths/ 100 000 population/ year (all ages, both genders; IQR 11-21 deaths per 100 000). If all countries with per capita coffee intake ≤2 cups/ day increased to >2 cups/ day, the predicted total number of liver-related deaths would have been 630 947 in 2016 (95% CI 629 693-631 861) with 452 861 (95% CI 451 948-454 116)
deaths averted (PPR 7.8 liver-related deaths/ 100 000/ year). If per capita consumptions was ≥ 4 cups/ day, the predicted number of liver-related deaths in 2016 would have been 360 523 (95% CI 359 825-361 992) with 723 287 (95% CI 721 817-723 984) deaths averted (PPR 12.1 liver-related deaths/100 000/year).
Conclusion: Increasing per capita coffee consumption to > 2 cups per day on a population level has the potential to avert hundreds of thousands of liver-related deaths annually if the impact of coffee on liver-related mortality is confirmed in clinical trials.
How interesting! Thank you for updating this thread. 4 cups :): I better pick up my drinking habit - lol.

lvysaur

Probably because of the caffeine.
I would say increase fuel intake.. On days where I drink a lot of coffee I often eat up to a pound of very Well cooked creamed spinach. Provides a decent amount of magnesium.

Folate increases caffeine metabolism, so the spinach also helps in that way.
The Coffee/Folate/MTHFR Connection

Bad effects of coffee fall into two groups: caffeine, or coffee.
Many people report eye pressure after drinking coffee (myself included). Imperfect though, happens only sometimes.
Coffee and Decaf Coffee (but not caffeine) both increase homocysteine levels, and homocysteine is higher in keratoconus patients (eye pressure link?): Plasma homocysteine levels in patients with keratoconus - PubMed
Interestingly, I already have fairly strong myopia. Predisposed to ocular pressure problems and high homocysteine?

The tiredness you describe has only happened to me with coffee, but not with tea. Maybe due to lower caffeine, but also maybe due to lack of coffee-specific compounds.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals