Coffee Profound Experience?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

Today was the first time I have drinking coffee in six months because of having reactive hypoglycemia periods, which I thought at the time were food allergies.

Anyway I just drank two cups with sugar and 1% milk. My god. It felt like I had taken some sort of extreme drug. I hadn't had energy like that in months. Even two 200mg caffeine pills cannot come even close.

Now its been two hours, after what seems like a drug trip and my entire body is ridiculously light feeling and I am getting things done like never before.

What is going on? I feel really weird, is this some sort of up regulation of thyroid? Caffeine overdose?

Wagner83

"
Caffeine’s main mechanism concerns antagonizing adenosine receptors. Adenosine causes sedation and relaxation when it acts upon its receptors, located in the brain. Caffeine prevents this action and causes alertness and wakefulness. This inhibition of adenosine can influence the dopamine, serotonin, acetylcholine, and adrenaline systems.

Habitual caffeine use leads to tolerance. This means the effects of caffeine will be diminished, often to the point where the only benefit a user experiences is caffeine’s anti-sleep effect. This is an ‘insurmountable’ tolerance, which means more caffeine will not overcome it. A month-long break from caffeine will reduce tolerance."

"Many of caffeine’s effects, including fat burning, strength benefits, and euphoria, are subject to tolerance, and may not occur in people used to caffeine, no matter how large the dose is."

Caffeine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

I noticed this as well when ingested sparingly , on the other hand when I consume a good amount of it daily coffee can be very relaxing .

Prosper

I drank my first (and big) cup of coffee when I was 18 or 19 and it was a very similar experience. Intense energetic euphoria for like 10 hours. Depression gone. Anxiety gone. I felt like I could do anything. Then I crashed and felt anhedonic and unmotivated to do anything for a couple of days.

These days it seems that not even long tolerance breaks will get me even close to that kind of effect. It doesn't seem to lift the mood any more, only take the sleepiness away.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

That's called dopamine and adrenaline.

Just curious why 2x 200mg caffeine pills don't even come close.

I also experienced some sort of denationalization and space out a few hours after consumption.

Fellow coffee fiend here.

Peat talks about cortisol production a lot"Excess cortisol makes nerve cells more sensitive to excitotoxicity, but the cells are protected if they are provided with an unusually large amount of glucose." Caffeine increases cortisol secretion, so if you're adding white table sugar (50%glucose+50%fructose) + milk (lactose is metabolized into glucose) to your coffee, this would protect your cells. Also, unless you chug those cups of coffee, they are not dumping all that caffeine into your system the way the pills are.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals