Coffee, Phenibut, Tobacco, GABA, Serotonin, Pansterone

HighT

I just read this post Prevention of Hair Loss in Men

then I did quick research to found this:

"Chronic caffeine intake has been shown to increase the receptors of serotonin (26-30% increase), GABA (65% increase), and acetylcholine (40-50%).
This may contribute to the elevated mood and perceived increase in energy we feel after a coffee (which makes espresso a handy pre-workout drink).
Despite increasing receptors, caffeine also inhibits the release of GABA, which contributes to our feeling of alertness.

Chronic caffeine intake also increases the sensitivity of serotonin receptors.
In other words, receptors specific to serotonin are more responsive to serotonin present in the synaptic cleft —
it’s sort of like installing a bigger satellite dish to catch more of an existing signal. One study showed a decrease in serotonin release,
but an increase in serotonin reuptake, leading to an overall increase in serotonin levels. (Think of it as the brain’s natural recycling.)"

If coffee is really Serotonin agonist, why is so praised here ?

Also if coffee increase GABA receptors, but in same time inhibits GABA release, what will be the effect when taken with Phenibut. Is it synergist
(65% increase GABA receptors) or antagonist to Phenibut?

So I have taken Phenibut like 10 times with no effects whatsoever (small, medium, large doses) and the first couple of times I wasn't coffee drinker yet.
But I smoke tobacco. Is it possible cigarettes to offset Phenibut effects?

Sitaruîm

According to Andrew Huberman caffeine's mechanism of action as regards dopamine is the same as what you describe here with serotonin, it makes dopamine receptors more sensitive.

ThinPicking

"Chronic caffeine intake has been shown to increase the receptors of serotonin (26-30% increase), GABA (65% increase), and acetylcholine (40-50%).
This may contribute to the elevated mood and perceived increase in energy we feel after a coffee (which makes espresso a handy pre-workout drink).
Despite increasing receptors, caffeine also inhibits the release of GABA, which contributes to our feeling of alertness.

In other words, receptors specific to serotonin are more responsive to serotonin present in the synaptic cleft —
it’s sort of like installing a bigger satellite dish to catch more of an existing signal. One study showed a decrease in serotonin release,
but an increase in serotonin reuptake, leading to an overall increase in serotonin levels. (Think of it as the brain’s natural recycling.)"

Also if coffee increase GABA receptors, but in same time inhibits GABA release, what will be the effect when taken with Phenibut. Is it synergist

So I have taken Phenibut like 10 times with no effects whatsoever (small, medium, large doses) and the first couple of times I wasn't coffee drinker yet.
It's a weird substance @HighT. A lot of people seem to label themselves non-responders and never try again. You may save yourself a lot of pain in future if you do that. If you're disciplined and self-preserving by nature read on.

In my experience only a small dose absorbed at a high concentration in the duodenum will work. Try the pharma dose of 250 mg with a small amount of liquid, then wait at least 10 - 15 minutes before eating/drinking anything else. This is how most pharma drug studies seem to be done anyway, there's even a standard sip size but I forget what that is.

Wait half an hour. If it works you can do that once of twice more to put yourself on cloud nine for the day. Its absorption is saturable so stacking 2 or 3 doses this way is best.

Be careful. Your health is more important than your high.

redsun

Because you don't understand why these receptors upregulate. They upregulate because their action is decreased by caffeine. Meaning there is less serotonin, Ach, and gaba activity and the body increases receptors to maintain homeostasis. And adrenergic receptors downregulate because there is more activity.

Really high caffeine is not good because of course if you stop you will get a severe drop in adrenergic activity and a sharp increase in GABA, serotonin, and cholinergic activity. The more caffeine you intake daily, the more these receptors change. So caffeine can be consumed but should not be so high or ideally not at all. Too high caffeine intake will increase cortisol as well but lower doses is not significant.

OP
HighT

HighT

@ThinPicking Thank you for the good respond! I'm going to try that way tomorrow. Should I reffrain from tobacco and coffee and for how long? I guess after Phenibut got absorbed, 2-3 cigarettes can't do much to offset it. Or it's possible?

PP I'm not abusing anything, neither looking to get high, just interested it the topic and trying to experiment.

Also why Phenibut is said not to be taken with alchohol, are they strongly synergising or there is other mechanism to cause damage?

According to Andrew Huberman caffeine's mechanism of action as regards dopamine is the same as what you describe here with serotonin, it makes dopamine receptors more sensitive.
Ok, but there are many coffee drinkers who don't know about raypeatforum and helthy diet, lifestyle. And if this statement from the above article is true: "Chronic caffeine intake also increases the sensitivity of serotonin receptors." then it would mean if they eat sorotonin foods and are doing such activities, coffee make them even higher S, as it makes receptors more sensitive.

@redsun That makes sense.

ThinPicking

@ThinPicking Thank you for the good respond! I'm going to try that way tomorrow. Should I reffrain from tobacco and coffee and for how long? I guess after Phenibut got absorbed, 2-3 cigarettes can't do much to offset it. Or it's possible?

PP I'm not abusing anything, neither looking to get high, just interested it the topic and trying to experiment.

Also why Phenibut is said not to be taken with alchohol, are they strongly synergising or there is other mechanism to cause damage?
Like all good dopaminergics/entactogens it's going to make any other vice feel amazing. I only take it very occasionally when going out with friends, there's usually coffee, cigarettes, weed and/or alcohol involved. Your only problem is going to be self control.

A specific word of warning with respect to women and sex. Phen brings new meaning to the phrase 'beer goggles'. Try to maintain your self respect, standards and keep your hands above your waist if you're alone. When I do **** on it I like to let my partner know, it feels rude not to.

Alcohol and coffee specifically can cause some mild diuresis and blood sugar variations. If you drink alcohol try to make sure it's a denser alcohol in a sugary mixer. If you drink coffee add sugar or honey.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
OP
HighT

HighT

beer goggles
An accessory men often wear when attending certain social functions, such as weddings, nightclubs, cruiseship discotechs and other vacation spots.

While beer goggles are great fun to wear at parties, men usually make the mistake of taking them off in the morning after waking up with the previous nights' score.
Does anyone really need an example?!?

:D I will have it mind as I used to be prone to this phenomenon. Alright, cheers !

MichaelY

Ok, but there are many coffee drinkers who don't know about raypeatforum and helthy diet, lifestyle. And if this statement from the above article is true: "Chronic caffeine intake also increases the sensitivity of serotonin receptors." then it would mean if they eat sorotonin foods and are doing such activities, coffee make them even higher S, as it makes receptors more sensitive.

@redsun That makes sense.
A strong enough dose of phenibut from a reputable source/company can/may make you feel drunk. Alcohol can intensify it. Really no need to combine the 2 substances unless you're looking for trouble.

MichaelY

Like all good dopaminergics/entactogens it's going to make any other vice feel amazing. I only take it very occasionally when going out with friends, there's usually coffee, cigarettes, weed and/or alcohol involved. Your only problem is going to be self control.

A specific word of warning with respect to women and sex. Phen brings new meaning to the phrase 'beer goggles'. Try to maintain your self respect, standards and keep your hands above your waist if you're alone. When I do **** on it I like to let my partner know, it feels rude not to.

Alcohol and coffee specifically can cause some mild diuresis and blood sugar variations. If you drink alcohol try to make sure it's a denser alcohol in a sugary mixer. If you drink coffee add sugar or honey.

Enjoy.
Ha ha I second this, once you experiment enough and find the right dosage for you, phenibut sex is great ?.

ThinPicking

A strong enough dose of phenibut from a reputable source/company can/may make you feel drunk. Alcohol can intensify it. Really no need to combine the 2 substances unless you're looking for trouble.
The "drunk" (sedative-hypnotic) effects are biphasic and concentration dependant for both substances.

At low concentration in the blood there's dopamine release and stimulation, at high concentration there's dopamine inhibition and sedation.

More is not better.

MichaelY

The "drunk" (sedative-hypnotic) effects are biphasic and concentration dependant for both substances.

At low concentration in the blood there's dopamine release and stimulation, at high concentration there's dopamine inhibition and sedation.

More is not better.
?

OP
HighT

HighT

Which vendors are reliable regarding quality? I got mine from raw powders.

MichaelY

Which vendors are reliable regarding quality? I got mine from raw powders.
This one from SNS was great when they still made it. They've discontinued it but you can still find it for sale on some websites

ThinPicking

That's where I've always gotten mine @HighT, never had a problem. The first time I ever did it was 2017 using 250 mg caps from Biovea but they don't make them anymore. I'm glad I did that and avoided the circle jerk of pain visible daily on Reddit.

If you're still having a problem getting it to work, consider this as well.

There's a million other factors. The times I've had the best drug assisted experience have always been when I've been the most healthy/at peace.

OP
HighT

HighT

Serious Nutrition Solutions, idk why I can't post a screenshot for you.
Np, I think I found it, thank you! Its out of stock everywhere I looked, will see if I can find somewhere left in stock.

That's where I've always gotten mine @HighT, never had a problem. The first time I ever did it was 2017 using 250 mg caps from Biovea but they don't make them anymore. I'm glad I did that and avoided the circle jerk of pain visible daily on Reddit.

If you're still having a problem getting it to work, consider this as well.

There's a million other factors. The times I've had the best drug assisted experience have always been when I've been the most healthy/at peace.
Thanks for additional info, I will look into this topic.

The times I've had the best drug assisted experience have always been when I've been the most healthy/at peace.
Well I thought it's other way arround by many comments I have read. People saying that only those who have severe anxiety, can feel the effects. But I'm not such case, therefore I can't pick a difference.

Broken man

If I understand it correctly, caffeine makes your testes to work better and increases testosterone, its also good for liver but you have truth, you can try to take methylene blue with caffeine and you will feel much much better or with nicotine/cigarette. Best coffee is with MB inside and while smoking good cigar :).

OP
HighT

HighT

@Broken man Cheers! I gonna try it.

a1.jpg

I don't know why I always thought tobacco is the healthiest thing in the world. Just the industry made it poisonous..

Look at this babies :

istockphoto-487796244-170667a.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals