Coffee May Damage The Gastroduodenal Mucosa

OP
S

stargazer1111

Yeah. I had 16 ounces of milk with 2 tablespoons of white sugar and some salt with the coffee.

sladerunner69

My beliief is that coffee can irritate the gut but only to a small degree. You are likely very sensitive. Have you heard of famatodine? Its great for healing or preventing ulcers. Do you take aspirin? Small doses of aspirin can be used to strengthen the mucosal wall. If all else fails, you can try caffiene powder instead of coffee.

J

jb116

Perhaps the first study did not account for temperature.
Peat has even mentioned that we shouldn't have too hot things going in, that burning could very well
cause damage.

ivy

I've been taking coffee with milk and I've had none of the symptoms I had before (almost instant bowel movement, much faster heartbeat, trembling, etc.) Unfortunately, my psoriasis returned. Are there alternatives to milk for people with skin reactions? Would Greek ioghurt go well with coffee?

Giraffe

I have struggled with gastric ulcer-like pain for years when I eat the wrong foods. The pain returned today after trying to drink coffee again.
I haven't read the studies you linked. Just an observation I made: A former co-worker of mine complained about the espresso we had. She said it would give her stomach pain. I asked her to find a brand that agrees with her and order it. So she did. I noticed that the new coffee contained a lot more fat than the old one, there were always globules of grease floating on top. I wondered if it was the fat that protected her. (I drank my coffee with lots of whole milk, never had issues.)

OP
S

stargazer1111

I haven't read the studies you linked. Just an observation I made: A former co-worker of mine complained about the espresso we had. She said it would give her stomach pain. I asked her to find a brand that agrees with her and order it. So she did. I noticed that the new coffee contained a lot more fat than the old one, there were always globules of grease floating on top. I wondered if it was the fat that protected her. (I drank my coffee with lots of whole milk, never had issues.)

I had mine with whole milk and some full-fat ice cream. I don't think it was the fat for me. The other thing to consider is that I haven't had coffee in over a decade. It is possible that my body may have to adjust slowly over a period of time. It took me a whole month before I could tolerate milk. Now, I drink over half a gallon of whole milk every day on top of ice cream and cheese with zero problems.

OP
S

stargazer1111

Perhaps the first study did not account for temperature.
Peat has even mentioned that we shouldn't have too hot things going in, that burning could very well
cause damage.

That is an interesting observation. I had iced coffee because I can't stand hot drinks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals