Coffee Empty Stomach

slayers

I like the feeling coffee gives me better when I drink it on an empty stomac?
I try to make it last and sip it and have it with some gelatin a little sugar and cream to help with the effects of adrenaline
Will this work?

jaa

I used to drink coffee black (or bulletproof ha), usually on an empty stomach, and I would always get an adrenalin response. I thought coffee just wasn't for me. When I started eating peat style I decided to try coffee again and dove right in to 4 cups a day, with sugar and milk, and always with food. Now coffee feels just like any other drink. No adrenaline response whatsoever.

4peatssake

Jenn said:
I drink coffee as a meal on a regular basis. Coffee brewed with a little salt, then add gelatin, sugar, milk.

This is one of my main go to meals as well. I now use chocolate syrup (made with cocoa and sugar) rather than plain sugar. But a wonderful meal in itself.

@dietf'd The gelatin I use (NOW brand bought from Amazon) dissolves fine provided I put it in my cup first and add the hot coffee and stir right away. Then I add my chocolate syrup and milk.

pboy

I generally prefer coffee / espresso between or before meals...kinda as an appetite stimulant (so long as it isn't too watered down, that's why I like espresso)

There is a point though where too much coffee on empty stomach and I'll get that gut gurgle that sounds like bile being released and theres a noticeable tingling/heating
sensation with it...a signal the acids are getting a bit too high...then I'll usually chill for a bit or eat

The idea of having the protein and fat with the coffee might be something I should try! (I guess that's what people typically do by having milk)

Jenn

If I am making a fresh pot, I add the sugar and gelatin in the bottom of the cup, then add HOT coffee half way while stirring rapidly. When it's dissolved, I add a little more coffee, then milk.

If I am reheating coffee (yes, I admit it, I am not a coffee snob, I just add more sugar to old coffee) I sprinkle the sugar and gelatin onto the cold coffee, wait a few seconds for it to absorb, then reheat....like making jello.

I usually have a poor appetite in the AM. Possibly do to years of skipping breakfast (one of the WORST things you can do.) I need to have a little something to wake up systems, then I can have a meal about an hour later.

Jsaute21

When you all use coffee on an empty stomach (thats how i usually use it too) - how much sugar do you typically take with it? I typically put 6-7 TBSP in which may be excessive. I don't put weight on from it but it negatively effects the taste.

Experienced

It's important not to drink coffee on an empty stomach, it should always be with food, since it increases the metabolic rate, and can deplete glycogen stores". Ray Peat PhD (ie: blood sugar will crash and cortisol will rise ... in other words MAKE SURE THERE'S FUEL IN THE TANK BEFORE YOU REV UP THE ENGINE)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals