• Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Anti-Peat Coffee causes joint stiffness or collagen lapse(?)

lazz

Interesting, my mom has alot of issues with her joints and spine. Her drinking 3 coffees before leaving the house in the morning and atleast the same amount the rest of the day might have something to do with it ... and all the cigarettes perhaps and cooking with vegetable oils ...
Yea but i doubt the 3 cups of coffee are the main reason for her problem as much as the rest of her diet

aniciete

Same here. I found connection between my coffee consumption and neck/spine pain.
I stopped coffee and in a month I felt considerably better. Also my allergy(runny nose) disappered. And cholestrol dropped from 210 to 180 which makes me feel safer healthwise.
But coffee is so addictive and helps with digestion...impossible to quit completely
Have you found a way to make coffee work? I suspect something similar is going on with myself.

Matestube

It cures my headaches so well, I just can't quit.
And for those saying headaches are the withdrawal phase, I quit coffee for 5 full years between 2016 and 2021.
I couldn't tolerate the headaches anymore, which are due to a sluggish liver.
Coffee perfectly solves that.

Vileplume

It cures my headaches so well, I just can't quit.
And for those saying headaches are the withdrawal phase, I quit coffee for 5 full years between 2016 and 2021.
I couldn't tolerate the headaches anymore, which are due to a sluggish liver.
Coffee perfectly solves that.
Do you think the headaches might be caused by low thyroid, in addition to the sluggish liver?

Dr. Broda Barnes found headaches to be very common with hypothyroidism.

Daft

"The findings imply that caffeine increases skeletal muscle contraction and suggests it exerts the effect through increasing calcium ion release."

"A dose dependent increase in skeletal muscle contraction (25.25±0.48, 49.00 ±1.23, 52.38±2.58, 59.25±1.11 and 68.50±0.87 mV; p<0.05) was observed on administration of increasing doses (5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 mg/mL, respectively) of caffeine respectively. While a significant reduction (0.90±0.04 mV) and increase (77.50±1.56 mV) in strength of contraction was observed on administration of nifedipine and calcium gluconate respectively. Administration of magnesium chloride caused a significant decrease in the strength of contraction (28.25±5.01) as compared to control."

Blossom

It’s been a month for me and I’m glad I quit. It’s not been anything miraculous but I have more steady energy which is nice.

Twohandsondeck

"The findings imply that caffeine increases skeletal muscle contraction and suggests it exerts the effect through increasing calcium ion release."

"A dose dependent increase in skeletal muscle contraction (25.25±0.48, 49.00 ±1.23, 52.38±2.58, 59.25±1.11 and 68.50±0.87 mV; p<0.05) was observed on administration of increasing doses (5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 mg/mL, respectively) of caffeine respectively. While a significant reduction (0.90±0.04 mV) and increase (77.50±1.56 mV) in strength of contraction was observed on administration of nifedipine and calcium gluconate respectively. Administration of magnesium chloride caused a significant decrease in the strength of contraction (28.25±5.01) as compared to control."

Sounds about probable