Coffee/Caffeine For Metabolism Increase

Milena

I've read that the effect of caffeine for increased fat burning and metabolic increase is diminished in females, older people, fatter people (perhaps less than 30% as opposed to lean individuals), with tolerance.

As I fit into all but one category - I was not a regular coffee drinker - am I wasting my time thinking coffee with help redress my low metabolism?

Velve921

Check your temperature and pulse upon consumption and compare to other food/supplements.

In my experience, coffee is the most powerful metabolic enhancer out of anything I've ever tried and this includes thyroid hormone.

The only other supplement that raises metabolism almost as much is B3.

OP
Milena

Milena

Check your temperature and pulse upon consumption and compare to other food/supplements.

In my experience, coffee is the most powerful metabolic enhancer out of anything I've ever tried and this includes thyroid hormone.

The only other supplement that raises metabolism almost as much is B3.

Mmm. Doesn't feel like much is raising my temperature atm so I will do the experiment.
Me doing things by feel is not very scientific :), I admit.

Velve921

Mmm. Doesn't feel like much is raising my temperature atm so I will do the experiment.
Me doing things by feel is not very scientific :), I admit.

There are obviously some major Catylists that can raise metabolism quickly; however, at the end of the day it truly takes the ultimate combination of multiple facets.

Sunlight, coffee, sugar, salt, OJ, B3, raw carrot salad have given me the most instaneous metabolic bump.

Support from gelatin, milk, liver, eggs, Epsom salt baths, aspirin, hard cheese are helpful.

Sitting in 75-100 degree sunlight takes my pulse to 95-125 bpm. Sitting in the sun sipping on OJ, salt, mineral water, fruit, gelatin and coconut oil for sunblock raises the metabolism like nothing else thus far.

Coffee cocktail of: coffee, sugar, gelatin, milk, coconut oil, salt, and B3 is another route as well.

OP
Milena

Milena

Sunlight, coffee, sugar, salt, OJ, B3, raw carrot salad have given me the most instaneous metabolic bump.

Support from gelatin, milk, liver, eggs, Epsom salt baths, aspirin, hard cheese are helpful.

Sitting in 75-100 degree sunlight takes my pulse to 95-125 bpm. Sitting in the sun sipping on OJ, salt, mineral water, fruit, gelatin and coconut oil for sunblock raises the metabolism like nothing else thus far.

Coffee cocktail of: coffee, sugar, gelatin, milk, coconut oil, salt, and B3 is another route as well.
Coffee - tick, Sugar - tick, Salt - sometimes, OJ - tick, B3 - tick, raw carrot salad - slacking badly.
Gelatine - tick, Milk - tick, Liver - mostly, eggs - tick but slacking recently, Epsom salt baths - tick, Aspirin - tick, hard cheese - sometimes.

Seems like I'm wandering along the right path with the odd meander. Starting to see craving for, protein today - possibly Vit A.

Sunlight! Oh to be in 75-100F sunlight :) It's 55F here, partially sunny and cool. :) :) :)

Velve921

Coffee - tick, Sugar - tick, Salt - sometimes, OJ - tick, B3 - tick, raw carrot salad - slacking badly.
Gelatine - tick, Milk - tick, Liver - mostly, eggs - tick but slacking recently, Epsom salt baths - tick, Aspirin - tick, hard cheese - sometimes.

Seems like I'm wandering along the right path with the odd meander. Starting to see craving for, protein today - possibly Vit A.

Sunlight! Oh to be in 75-100F sunlight :) It's 55F here, partially sunny and cool. :) :) :)

Red light and higher amounts of sugar from fruit would be my next thoughts.

Energin might be a product read about.

tankasnowgod

Red light and higher amounts of sugar from fruit would be my next thoughts.

Energin might be a product read about.

I'll totally second the Red Light, and Infrared. I've noticed an increase in body temp when using a full body red light device, and also using targeted red light to the thyroid. I also seem to be noticing systemic effects. Others on this forum have mentioned it, and Vladimir Heiskanen wrote a nice blog post about the research of red light on Hypothyroidism- Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?

tankasnowgod

There are obviously some major Catylists that can raise metabolism quickly; however, at the end of the day it truly takes the ultimate combination of multiple facets.

Curious how you noticed a bump from B3. I have a niacinamide spray that I use (along with an oral supplement), and just today thought of applying on my neck, near the thyroid.

I'm getting back into the carrot salad, and think it might be something I was overlooking for quite a while.

Velve921

Curious how you noticed a bump from B3. I have a niacinamide spray that I use (along with an oral supplement), and just today thought of applying on my neck, near the thyroid.

I'm getting back into the carrot salad, and think it might be something I was overlooking for quite a while.

B3 gets my heart beat going in the right direction. When I've experimented with higher doses, above 300mg per day, up to 1-2g, it was hard to go to sleep. Emotionally, I it doesn't do as much; however, I do notice that I need a lot of sugar to match the stimulation.

OP
Milena

Milena

Planning on becoming a brooder chick, I think. Amazon, here I come :)

OP
Milena

Milena

Milena,
Is there a particular reason you would like to increase your metabolism? Are you athletic and want a competitive advantage, an edge? Overall health? Your skin?
If you drink coffee regularly, you will get diminishing returns on the amounts and duration of boost to your metabolism....I used this stuff initially to recover from a car accident I was in years ago but now use it to manage arthritis and flareups of chronic pain. Take a look at deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator. FDA cleared medical grade CO2 meets some pretty cool technology.

I'm undertall; well that's what Garfield would say. :emoji_joy_cat:Along with all cats are round, aren't they :)
I need to stop putting on weight. I'm not a big eater but with a slow metabolism, even slower when, as now, I have reduced adrenaline, estrogen and cortisol.
Not an athlete any more; skin is OK, just ageing a bit. I need to be able to eat more and weigh less. I have sarcoidosis, but think that is more likely a bucket diagnosis for an immune system imbalance, TH1 dominance. Gut rarely bothers me.
I don't drink tons of coffee- one strong cup a day with gelatine, sugar and milk. I was curious how people view coffee (and hence also caffeine) across the spectrum, in particular, the old fat and female :) I do have a bit of arthritis in my hands but no need for pain relief.

OP
Milena

Milena

Hi!
Do you have a diagnosis of Hyothyroidism? Do you exercise regularly? Do you suffer from fatigue? Low energy?weight issues? I am curious because affordable solutions that get you up and going and can help optimize your overall health exists. I can motivate you!! dj
I don't do a lot of isolated exercise. I don't have a car and pretty much walk everywhere ~2-3 miles a day. I also bellring on relatively heavy bells for about 1hr twice a week which is steady muscle work for the triceps and biceps; our heaviest bell weighs 1.5 tons. I'm not bursting with energy; I'm well overweight and skint.
Thanks for the encouragement. I've just done a few weeks of low fat with plenty of sugar, OJ, milk etc and am now reducing calories to maintenance with same. The small amount of cypro, B3, aspirin and caffeine seems to suit me atm. I am bag-breathing a bit. I still have odema in my feet and in y lower right leg due to some lymph obstruction.

Cheap stuff - do tell :)

Milena-Are you doing a happy dance today in light of all the information on the news last evening about what scientists are saying-that you can drink even more coffee without negative effects?

I hadn't seen that news. I would need to evaluate in RP context :) I am not a huge fan of coffee. Too much makes me nauseous. I'm switching things things around - 200mg caffeine, 1 strong coffee, 1 small Red Bull plus caffeine.

OP
Milena

Milena

Please take a gander on the Internet and look up deoxyhaemoglobin vasodilator...I I will be at a 10K race for veterans and their families providing information on this stuff....The benefits can vary however transdermal CO2 as medicine always has the same effect no matter who it is -It increases your blood oxygenation levels-a lot which benefit you in many ways . I highly encourage you to take a look at science page on their site

I see lots of ads but no real info.

sladerunner69

I had about 8 cups of coffee today along with niacinimide, 325mg aspirin, and 7 drops 5-adhp. My pulse started off around 95 when I took the supps, and I felt overstimulated and anxious. That gradually wore off, and with more coffee and food I kept my pulse above 8- all day, and felt kind of good and euphoric, but also with a slight headache that I a m prone to getting with large quantities of caffiene.

Mauritio

The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a
systematic review and dos-response meta-analysis
of randomized controlled trials
Reza Tabrizi, Parvane Saneei, Kamran B Lankarani,

LadyRae

My general understanding is that age-related weight gain has a lot to do with sluggish liver, pufa accumulation, and stress. Not so much a lack of exercise.

Coffee can make people with sluggish livers feel dizzy and anxious, jittery and sweaty because their liver isn't able to deal with the caffeine properly.

Yesterday in Costco, my 10-year-old had to have my permission to have a sample of an energy/vitamin drink that had "a little bit of caffeine"- according to the lady serving the samples... I laughed and before I could stop myself said, oh I'm pretty sure that she can tolerate the caffeine better than any adults in this store because she has an optimally functioning liver... It's very possible the lady rolled her eyes at me but I'm not sure. 😅

Mauritio

My general understanding is that age-related weight gain has a lot to do with sluggish liver, pufa accumulation, and stress. Not so much a lack of exercise.

Coffee can make people with sluggish livers feel dizzy and anxious, jittery and sweaty because their liver isn't able to deal with the caffeine properly.

Yesterday in Costco, my 10-year-old had to have my permission to have a sample of an energy/vitamin drink that had "a little bit of caffeine"- according to the lady serving the samples... I laughed and before I could stop myself said, oh I'm pretty sure that she can tolerate the caffeine better than any adults in this store because she has an optimally functioning liver... It's very possible the lady rolled her eyes at me but I'm not sure. 😅
Yeah since I got my liver lean I can tolerate all kinds of supplements like caffeine and T3 in small amounts, things that I could never make work before.

But the increased nutrient requirements are real . I had bad sleep since starting caffeine. Yesterday I took a b complex and slept fine for the first time in 5 days. Not sure which one really helped the most . I think b3 or b6...

FitnessMike

I'll totally second the Red Light, and Infrared. I've noticed an increase in body temp when using a full body red light device, and also using targeted red light to the thyroid. I also seem to be noticing systemic effects. Others on this forum have mentioned it, and Vladimir Heiskanen wrote a nice blog post about the research of red light on Hypothyroidism- Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?
I tried to use a red light man lamp on my thyroid for a longer awhile without any improvement in my symptoms.

I wonder whether this is a sign of how bad and not responsive my thyroid tissues is, and wonder if, with time on a good diet and optimal thyroid supplementation, thyroid tissue can heal and start functioning again.

Enhanced

I've read that the effect of caffeine for increased fat burning and metabolic increase is diminished with tolerance.
Is this true? Can anyone confirm this? Will your metabolism also go below baseline after quitting? I'm wondering if the dopamine increase from caffeine is responsible for the metabolism increasing effect and is subject to similar homeostasis. It doesn't seem to make too much sense to dwell on coffee for a therapeutic effect if that's the case.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals