1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

Coffee/Caffeine For Metabolism Increase

Discussion in 'Diet' started by Milena, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Milena

Milena Member

I've read that the effect of caffeine for increased fat burning and metabolic increase is diminished in females, older people, fatter people (perhaps less than 30% as opposed to lean individuals), with tolerance.

As I fit into all but one category - I was not a regular coffee drinker - am I wasting my time thinking coffee with help redress my low metabolism?

2. Ewlevy1

Ewlevy1 Member

Check your temperature and pulse upon consumption and compare to other food/supplements.

In my experience, coffee is the most powerful metabolic enhancer out of anything I've ever tried and this includes thyroid hormone.

The only other supplement that raises metabolism almost as much is B3.

3. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

Mmm. Doesn't feel like much is raising my temperature atm so I will do the experiment.
    Me doing things by feel is not very scientific :), I admit.

4. Ewlevy1

Ewlevy1 Member

There are obviously some major Catylists that can raise metabolism quickly; however, at the end of the day it truly takes the ultimate combination of multiple facets.

Sunlight, coffee, sugar, salt, OJ, B3, raw carrot salad have given me the most instaneous metabolic bump.

Support from gelatin, milk, liver, eggs, Epsom salt baths, aspirin, hard cheese are helpful.

Sitting in 75-100 degree sunlight takes my pulse to 95-125 bpm. Sitting in the sun sipping on OJ, salt, mineral water, fruit, gelatin and coconut oil for sunblock raises the metabolism like nothing else thus far.

Coffee cocktail of: coffee, sugar, gelatin, milk, coconut oil, salt, and B3 is another route as well.

5. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

Coffee - tick, Sugar - tick, Salt - sometimes, OJ - tick, B3 - tick, raw carrot salad - slacking badly.
    Gelatine - tick, Milk - tick, Liver - mostly, eggs - tick but slacking recently, Epsom salt baths - tick, Aspirin - tick, hard cheese - sometimes.

Seems like I'm wandering along the right path with the odd meander. Starting to see craving for, protein today - possibly Vit A.

Sunlight! Oh to be in 75-100F sunlight :) It's 55F here, partially sunny and cool. :) :) :)

6. Ewlevy1

Ewlevy1 Member

Red light and higher amounts of sugar from fruit would be my next thoughts.

Energin might be a product read about.

7. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

I'll totally second the Red Light, and Infrared. I've noticed an increase in body temp when using a full body red light device, and also using targeted red light to the thyroid. I also seem to be noticing systemic effects. Others on this forum have mentioned it, and Vladimir Heiskanen wrote a nice blog post about the research of red light on Hypothyroidism- Valtsu's: Hypothyroidism: Could it be treated with LIGHT?

8. tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod Member

Curious how you noticed a bump from B3. I have a niacinamide spray that I use (along with an oral supplement), and just today thought of applying on my neck, near the thyroid.

I'm getting back into the carrot salad, and think it might be something I was overlooking for quite a while.

9. Ewlevy1

Ewlevy1 Member

B3 gets my heart beat going in the right direction. When I've experimented with higher doses, above 300mg per day, up to 1-2g, it was hard to go to sleep. Emotionally, I it doesn't do as much; however, I do notice that I need a lot of sugar to match the stimulation.

10. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

Planning on becoming a brooder chick, I think. Amazon, here I come :)

11. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

I'm undertall; well that's what Garfield would say. :emoji_joy_cat:Along with all cats are round, aren't they :)
    I need to stop putting on weight. I'm not a big eater but with a slow metabolism, even slower when, as now, I have reduced adrenaline, estrogen and cortisol.
    Not an athlete any more; skin is OK, just ageing a bit. I need to be able to eat more and weigh less. I have sarcoidosis, but think that is more likely a bucket diagnosis for an immune system imbalance, TH1 dominance. Gut rarely bothers me.
    I don't drink tons of coffee- one strong cup a day with gelatine, sugar and milk. I was curious how people view coffee (and hence also caffeine) across the spectrum, in particular, the old fat and female :) I do have a bit of arthritis in my hands but no need for pain relief.

12. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

Sometimes I drink coffee by the barrell in order to sompensate for lowerred thyroid.

13. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

I don't do a lot of isolated exercise. I don't have a car and pretty much walk everywhere ~2-3 miles a day. I also bellring on relatively heavy bells for about 1hr twice a week which is steady muscle work for the triceps and biceps; our heaviest bell weighs 1.5 tons. I'm not bursting with energy; I'm well overweight and skint.
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've just done a few weeks of low fat with plenty of sugar, OJ, milk etc and am now reducing calories to maintenance with same. The small amount of cypro, B3, aspirin and caffeine seems to suit me atm. I am bag-breathing a bit. I still have odema in my feet and in y lower right leg due to some lymph obstruction.

Cheap stuff - do tell :)

I hadn't seen that news. I would need to evaluate in RP context :) I am not a huge fan of coffee. Too much makes me nauseous. I'm switching things things around - 200mg caffeine, 1 strong coffee, 1 small Red Bull plus caffeine.

14. OP
    Milena

Milena Member

I see lots of ads but no real info.

15. sladerunner69

sladerunner69 Member

I had about 8 cups of coffee today along with niacinimide, 325mg aspirin, and 7 drops 5-adhp. My pulse started off around 95 when I took the supps, and I felt overstimulated and anxious. That gradually wore off, and with more coffee and food I kept my pulse above 8- all day, and felt kind of good and euphoric, but also with a slight headache that I a m prone to getting with large quantities of caffiene.