Coffee: Boosts Productivity - Kills Creativity?

sladerunner69

Yeah, greater brain volume at least correlates with greater intelligence.

Whole Brain Size and General Mental Ability: A Review

"The preponderance of evidence demonstrates that brain size is correlated positively with intelligence and that both brain size and GMA are correlated with age, socioeconomic position, sex, and population group differences. Correlation does not prove cause, but, just as zero correlations provide no support for a hypothesis of cause and effect, nonzero correlations do provide support. The brain size/GMA relation has been established both within and between species and brain size has shown a progressive trend upwards for 570 million years."

Well, not to boast, but I do wear a size 8 1/2 inch or xxxl ballcap (seriously). I always felt like I was too smart for everyone else. Genius confirmed.

I came up with a theory that what is truly important in the intelligence correlation of brain size is the ratio of brain mass to body mass, because 70-80% of the brain's funcitonning are responsible for cooridating motor functions and subconscious processes.

Also there are plenty of famous thinkers and geniuses who didnt have very alrge brains but when autopsied they found they has high density of neurons in the grey matter...

DaveFoster

Well, not to boast, but I do wear a size 8 1/2 inch or xxxl ballcap (seriously). I always felt like I was too smart for everyone else. Genius confirmed.

I came up with a theory that what is truly important in the intelligence correlation of brain size is the ratio of brain mass to body mass, because 70-80% of the brain's funcitonning are responsible for cooridating motor functions and subconscious processes.

Also there are plenty of famous thinkers and geniuses who didnt have very alrge brains but when autopsied they found they has high density of neurons in the grey matter...
You came up with that theory, but it's been around for a very long time.

Brain-to-body mass ratio - Wikipedia

643px-Brain-body_mass_ratio_for_some_animals_diagram.svg.png

Ray also mentions measurements of brain size in his interview on Alzheimer's with KMUD:

Collden

Has anyone else come to similar conclusion? When I ingest caffeine in any form, I get energy to perform tasks, but my thinking becomes one-dimensional and less lateral. I become like a mindless drone: fixated on the main goal without deriving much pleasure from working towards it.

For example, when playing an instrument on caffeine, technique is improved but simultaneously the "feel" of the music is lessened. It feels like I'm producing individual sounds and not actual music. I get stuck playing the same patterns over and over. Is there a way to counter this?

I can relate, playing drums in a band I've noticed that coffee improves speed, accuracy and stamina, but definitely reduces my raw enjoyment of playing, and ability to feel the music and synch up with my bandmates while jamming, alcohol tends to help to counterbalance this so I guess its related to reduced GABA signalling.

Chronic coffee consumption will also tend to desensitise your nervous system due to a counter-regulatory downregulation of sympathetic tone, thus making you less arousable. Since arousal is crucial for emotions its not surprising that regular coffee consumption could make one more emotionally flat and less able to experience joy and excitement.

InChristAlone

I have been testing out coffee again after almost 3 yrs off of it and I think I can confidently say I prefer being off. I feel a bit apathetic which isn't like me. But wanting more. Initially I used it for the energy boost but that only lasts an HR or two. Not worth it. Cycling it may be best, only use when you need the boost.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom